Reaction [16]
5x Deflection
3x On the Qui Vive
2x Wake with Evening's Freshness
6x Faerie Wards

Combo [8]
4x Aura Absorption
4x Fae Contortion

So within last year I have started playing this game at last in earnest. For a year I've been playing in local gaming group and have slowly started to catch how to play this game. But it is only now that I have started to visit also local tournaments (now that they are being organized again anyway) and hopefully soon I have chance to take part in bigger tournaments that are being held in main cities of Finland. I have several tournament-class decks but as I am most familiar with this kind of Kiasyd-decks I considered best to start trying my luck with something like this. In my gaming group Finnish Politics is awfull reality and people tend to boggle quite badly when they even detect something stealthy and bleedy nearby, starting games more often than not by annihilating bleeding decks from the table alltogether before anything else. I realize that in bigger tournaments there is more diversity but on local level I have somewhat problem faring against all those rush decks. Thus I have tried to hasten the tempo of the deck by tuning it down to 70 cards.

All things considered I would ask you how this deck is looking and what to change? Also I would grandly appreciate any tips of how to fare with this kind of deck in grander tournaments as well as in my local potence-hell.

-Gil

Giledit// Deck edited on tuesday 27th of sep.

:MYT: :DOM: :OBT:
Sweet is the wind as it gently blows
The day away and the night time comes
Great are the wonders that silence shows
I fall asleep and I dream of the sun
Last edit: 27 Sep 2011 19:18 by Gilaelin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Sep 2011 20:42 - 26 Sep 2011 20:43 #11019 by Surreal
Replied by Surreal on topic Re: Kiasyd bleed
Deck looks good. I just think that kind of bleed deck works much better with 4-5 group. Marconius makes group 2 shine but needs IMO bit different deck. I would put a lot more Faerie Wards to the deck. That card is made for Marconius. Potence hell hates Faerie Wards and Fae Contortion so you could try make your deck more defensive for your meta. Adding some Nocturns to block rushes is good idea too. You spend very much blood with that deck so consider dropping some Conditionings, Shadow Play and Deflections (8x in 70 card deck is very much for fighty meta).

I think you need two different decks if your meta is very fighty, one for tournament and other for your meta. For tournament play I would drop all combat ends and plan your defence with more faerie wards. Also I would make bleed package more diverse, 6x Condioting is just asking to be bounced. Drop by weekly games in Helsinki if you live nearby.
Last edit: 26 Sep 2011 20:43 by Surreal.

More
26 Sep 2011 20:44 - 26 Sep 2011 20:47 #11020 by Izaak
Replied by Izaak on topic Re: Kiasyd bleed
You got the idea right. Tuning the deck is just a matter of personal taste and meta, so instead of commenting on your deck, I'll just post an alternative here so you can see a different flavor of Kiasyd bleed.

This deck is (mostly) a rip-off from Ben Peal's extremely succesfull Kiasyd bleeder. The idea of it, is that Gremlins+Bonding is a bleed for 3 on 2 stealth that will never ever clog your hand. The deck can steadily bleed for 3-5 with each minion each turn, while the Suddens make sure your prey doesn't gain pool. Ever. Governs should be played at superior whenever possible.

Nocturns provide chump blockers for rushes and if you get blocked, Fae Contortion, Shroud of Absence and Stone Travel usually get you out of trouble. As added bonus Gremlins at inferior gets rid of pesky guns too.

It's a ridiculously strong deck.

Lucky Number Seven

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 22, Max: 32, Avg: 6,83)
2 Arcadian DOM MYT OBT chi for8 Kiasyd
2 Dame Hollerton myt DOM OBT 5 Kiasyd
2 Isanwayen DOM MYT OBT 6 Kiasyd
2 Omme Enberbenight cel dom MYT OBT7 Kiasyd
2 Pherydima obt pot DOM MYT NEC8 Kiasyd
2 Roderick Phillips March cel obt tha DOM MYT7 Kiasyd

Library: (77 cards)
Master (14 cards)
3 Blood Doll
2 Dreams of the Sphinx
1 Great Symposium
7 Sudden Reversal
1 Wider View

Action (18 cards)
7 Govern the Unaligned
7 Gremlins
4 Song of Pan

Action Modifier (16 cards)
7 Bonding
3 Shadow Play
3 Shroud of Absence
3 Stone Travel

Reaction (12 cards)
7 Deflection
5 On the Qui Vive

Ally (11 cards)
11 Nocturn

Combo (6 cards)
3 Aura Absorption
3 Fae Contortion

// Note that I made it a point to have 77 cards and 7 copies of as many cards as I could manage while still keeping the deck effective. I'm convinced there are (slightly) better card ratios, but I liked that little touch :)
Last edit: 26 Sep 2011 20:47 by Izaak.

More
26 Sep 2011 21:01 #11022 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: Kiasyd bleed
If you're seeing a lot of smallish-cap potence, a lot of your guys have Dominate... so why not pack some Obediences? Most of those decks rely on "potence stealth" and not real stealth, so you could probably get to block them and follow it up with Obedience to save you combat cards and nerf their shennanigans.

If they have a lot larger caps, then it might be worth including a Secure Haven just so you can keep someone alive.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
26 Sep 2011 21:06 #11023 by Dr.Mafrune
Replied by Dr.Mafrune on topic Re: Kiasyd bleed
If your local game is very rush-(un)friendly, I would think of changing your deck a little bit:

- Add 2 Jake Washington (hunter), which helps either to pump up thirsty vampires or block nasty rush.

- Add 4-6 nocturns to block or bleed.

- Add 2-4 faerie wards

You can gain slots by taking out ( only an example, there are multiple choices)

- 1 blood doll + 1 palatial estate

- 1-2 obliette, 1 aura or fae, 1 riddle, 1 conditioning

- 2-3 deflection

:TEM::AUS::DEM:

More
26 Sep 2011 21:23 #11024 by Dorrinal
Replied by Dorrinal on topic Re: Kiasyd bleed
To stop rush: Nocturn and Obedience. Consider Secure Haven and/or Chanjelin Ward as well as the suggested Jake Washington.

:trem:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds