file Kiasyd bleed

27 Sep 2011 09:34 #11046 by Dr.Mafrune
Replied by Dr.Mafrune on topic Re: Kiasyd bleed
I don´t think obedience is a good card for this deck.
Faerie ward and nocturns are far better, because you can use it against rushing allies and they are more flexible. Nocturns can be used to chump-bleed and faerie wards to slow dawn the pace of bleeding predator.

:TEM::AUS::DEM:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Sep 2011 18:23 - 27 Sep 2011 19:19 #11060 by Gilaelin
Replied by Gilaelin on topic Re: Kiasyd bleed
Thanks for the comments and advices! =) I just edited the deck and ended up trying to make it even more compact than it was. I added bleed and more faerie wards as well as Lilith's blessing and dropped estate and most of the masters. I think I'd like to have Wash or Sudden Reversal in this deck but I don't really know what to take away to put them back in. Maybe Monastery? But then again, it gives stealth and bigger hand that is quite great bonus.

I also considered to take nocturns in but I think that I would then need to take Faerie Wards out. I quess I first try out with Wards and replace them with nocturns if they fail badly, what of course, they should not do with Marconius playing them.

What comes to crypt, I am aware that 4th and 5th group Kiasyd are better in stealt bleed and I have to admit that deck posted by Izaak looks great. As I have cards to build it, I think I will try it out sometime. =) For now though, I want to see how bleeding works out with older Kiasyd whom I have not been playing for a while. And I think that with Faerie Wards, playing bleed deck with older Kiasyd is still playable even in tournaments. Anyway I dropped Quincy alltogether and added one more Kassiym as well as Béatrice as I think that deck like this leans quite much on MYT.

Quote: Surreal: "Drop by weekly games in Helsinki if you live nearby. "

Thanks. For now I live in Joensuu which is quite far away from southern game fields. Alas I'd very much like to attend some bigger tournament and I keep an eye on Event Announcements for tournaments that are held somewhere between Turku, Tampere and Helsinki.

:MYT: :DOM: :OBT:
Sweet is the wind as it gently blows
The day away and the night time comes
Great are the wonders that silence shows
I fall asleep and I dream of the sun
Last edit: 27 Sep 2011 19:19 by Gilaelin.

More
27 Sep 2011 19:16 - 27 Sep 2011 19:21 #11062 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Re: Kiasyd bleed
At the moment the 'large' tournaments are, in fact, in Joensuu. :) Just check out how many people there was in the latest Helsinki tournament. We actually had more people than they had!

The thing you might be looking for is more better players and variance in the social aspect of the game. I'm not blaming you. :) New contacts are always more than welcome.

The major tournaments are the Finnish Championships in May, and Ropecon. Champs were in May, right? In the meantime, let's just try to keep the attendance at the local tournies as high as possible. It would be pretty cool to have the guys from Jyväskylä drop by as well.

It'll take some time for people to get used to the tournament concept, behaviour, and to the organization to fall in place, but I think it won't take more than a couple of tournaments. Come next spring, we should have tournaments that deserve to be called that.

Let's see how it goes.

About the deck: all that have been suggested seem about right. Kiasyd do something well better than most bleed decks, and that's "crowd control". Malkavians do bloating better, as well as horde type of play. Necromancy offers block denial for the Giovanni. Neither of those really shut down the prey's deck as well as Kiasyd. If you want to really compete, you should abuse that fact as best as you can. :)

It'll take some skill to do that, though, and that includes more than static bleeds with govern and wishful top-decking. Ask any successful stealth/bleed player that. I'm positive you'll get a similar answer.

Krausedit\\ I suggest you drop 1 Song of pan, 1 Oubliette and 2 Conditioning, and add 1 Govern the Unaligned (for using at Superior) and 3 Sudden Reversal.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 27 Sep 2011 19:21 by Kraus.

More
27 Sep 2011 20:28 #11063 by Dorrinal
Replied by Dorrinal on topic Re: Kiasyd bleed
I do not think Song of Pan is a good card for this deck: it is worth at most 2-3 bleed. Nocturn and Gremlins are both better cards; I suggest Nocturn because it will leave Marconius untapped to play the Faerie Wards later.

You can drop a Conditioning or two to make room for Sudden Reversal, but it is okay to have more than 70 cards.

:trem:

More
28 Sep 2011 05:44 #11075 by Izaak
Replied by Izaak on topic Re: Kiasyd bleed
Song of Pan allows you to lunge.

Bleeding for 3 more than your prey expected gives VPs. It's a *really* good card.

More
28 Sep 2011 06:13 #11076 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: Kiasyd bleed
I don't know if I'd keep the Song of Pan. I'd be planning to use something else like Conditioning for the lunge kill.

I'm still undersold at the Nocturns vs Obedience. The blood cost leans me towards Obedience over Nocturn; Kiasyd always strike me as a 'run low on blood' sort of clan. Combining them with Deflections should keep the pressure up on your prey.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds