file Wynning At Jyhad

14 Oct 2011 18:58 - 14 Oct 2011 19:31 #11991 by Kushiel
Replied by Kushiel on topic Re: Wynning At Jyhad
Since this deck looks cool, it's kept me thinking, and here's what I've thought about.

-To save even more blood, it might be possible to replace some/all Freak Drives with Earth Melds. With enough presses, you can rush, play Carrion Crows, prevent with Indomitability/Hidden Strength, press, Taste, and then Earth Meld out during the next round of combat. More Melds also gives you more chance to get out of a rough-looking combat, maybe.
-Since Wynn can just about guarantee getting into combat at least once every turn, if you really want to keep the permaneent +hand damage angle, you might consider running a bunch of Pack Alphas and some free animal retainers. Owl Companion is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. This would also open up a window for you to throw a copy or two of Dog Pack into the deck, which might not be a completely awful idea.

EDIT: Whoops, never mind the Pack Alpha suggestion. Actually reading the card text instead of basing my suggestion on my poor memory alerted me to the fact that the +1 strength from its superior function is unique-per-vampire.
Last edit: 14 Oct 2011 19:31 by Kushiel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorrinal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Oct 2011 19:03 #11992 by TorranceCircle
Replied by TorranceCircle on topic Re: Wynning At Jyhad

Juggernaut: I think 6 Masks are too many; they'll just stop blocking after the first one, and you can't mask a bleed more than once a turn.

I've taken Kushiel's advice to heart and modified the deck a little. Not sure if it's significantly better but here is what it looks like:quote]

This looks like it could really abuse the taste + grooming thing. I agree with Kushiel that the blocking stuff made it a little too convoluted.

More
14 Oct 2011 19:46 #11995 by Dorrinal
Replied by Dorrinal on topic Re: Wynning At Jyhad
Defense: I was just hoping to be able to put up a token defense. A dude with a Raven Spy and all those Carrion Crows seems like the least I could do to not just die.

Pack Alpha: I've decided that tasting for 3 is enough and I'd rather use presses than + hand damage, though I could easily drop the last retainer for Depravity.

:trem:

More
14 Oct 2011 21:27 #12000 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: Wynning At Jyhad
Wynn won't be getting the birds, that what the ANI masters and the extra masks are for. Teaching people they shouldn't interfere much at all!

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
15 Oct 2011 04:16 #12003 by Dorrinal
Replied by Dorrinal on topic Re: Wynning At Jyhad
Quick question: there are 8 !Gangrel under 5 in group 3-4... is this deck better with Enkidu?

:trem:

More
15 Oct 2011 10:52 #12014 by Mael
Replied by Mael on topic Re: Wynning At Jyhad

Quick question: there are 8 !Gangrel under 5 in group 3-4... is this deck better with Enkidu?

I was thinking something similar myself (as I don't have any G1-2 vampires), but I think the diversity of disciplines on the !Gangrel is a real drawback, and none of those 8 have any level of Animalism. Celeste Lamontagne is better than Bear Paw though.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds