file I will Sleep When I am Dead - !Tremere Eternal Vigilance Grinder

10 Jan 2012 19:48 - 10 Jan 2012 19:49 #20518 by Kushiel

Pullen: I agree but I do not use Anarch Troublemaker in decks that abuse Magic of the Smith.

You don't use the Troublemaker until the turn you oust your prey, at which point it can't be used against you. Or you use it and play another to contest it, hurting your prey doubly, keeping your second Troublemaker for future fun, and again preventing its use against you. Its freeness and double-effectiveness, combined with the ability to use it in conjunction with Pentex to remove three blockers in one turn, more than make up for the slim chance that a Troublemaker will go rogue and end up burning any of your equipment.
Last edit: 10 Jan 2012 19:49 by Kushiel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorrinal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jan 2012 20:06 #20524 by Dorrinal
I'm not willing to take the risk, Kushiel. Too many ousts stuffed by unexpected reactions, DIs, Sudden Reversals, etc. But I'll think about it a little more.

Any opinions on the crypt, anyone? That's the part that is really making me nervous.

:trem:

More
10 Jan 2012 20:19 #20530 by Kushiel

I'm not willing to take the risk, Kushiel. Too many ousts stuffed by unexpected reactions, DIs, Sudden Reversals, etc. But I'll think about it a little more.

For what it's worth, I had at least one Troublemaker and some equipment in all of the three grinder decks with which I've won tournaments. Not once do I recall a Troublemaker ever coming back around to affect me at all.

Any opinions on the crypt, anyone? That's the part that is really making me nervous.

Well, what do you reasonably expect your ready region to look like? Given how the crypt looks now, I assume you want 1x Polly Kay, 1x Ladislas and 1x other vamp. If that's the case, I'd make the crypt 4x of each of the main two, 1x each of four other guys, and run three Wider View.

More
10 Jan 2012 20:47 #20533 by Dorrinal
That's more or less what I expect. The deck can probably run with only 1 archbishop out, but either way there should be 3 minions out.

More
10 Jan 2012 22:04 - 16 Jan 2012 19:13 #20545 by Dorrinal
New version, taking into account much of the feedback provided so far. No 9-caps (I will miss Marino), more Conditioning, more untap. I'm also interested in Black Forest Base as a late-game card where 3-5 votes can give me vote lock.

Deck Name : I Will Sleep When I Am Dead
Author : John McGlynn
Description :
Tremere antitribu grinder. Polly Kay Fisher and Ladislas Toth lead the crypt by getting Abbot, Eternal Vigilance, and paying for all the untap with Theft of Vitae. Use Anarch Troublemaker and lunge for the oust!

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 5 max: 8 average: 6.83333
4x Polly Kay Fisher (8):AUS: :DOM: :THA: :for: :pot:archbishopVentrue antitribu(g4)
4x Ladislas Toth, The Torch (7):AUS: :DOM: :THA: :for:archbishopTremere antitribu(g3)
1x Jefferson Foster (6):AUS: :DOM: :for: :tha:bishopVentrue antitribu(g4)
1x Selena (6):AUS: :DOM: :THA:Tremere antitribu(g3)
1x Cohn Rose (5):THA: :aus: :dom: :pre:Tremere(g3)
1x Frondator (5):AUS: :dom: :tha:bishopTremere antitribu(g4)

Library [80 cards]

Action [17]
3x Abbot
3x Eternal Vigilance
7x Govern the Unaligned
4x Magic of the Smith

Action Modifier [6]
5x Conditioning
1x Daring the Dawn

Combat [18]
7x Apportation
11x Theft of Vitae

Equipment [5]
1x Bowl of Convergence
1x Heart of Nizchetus
1x Ivory Bow
1x Kevlar Vest
1x Ruins of Ceoris

Master [14]
2x Anarch Troublemaker
1x Antediluvian Awakening
1x Black Forest Base
3x Blood Doll
1x Demonstration
1x Papillon
1x Rack, The
1x WMRH Talk Radio
3x Wider View

Reaction [20]
1x Eagle's Sight
2x Enhanced Senses
5x Eyes of Argus
3x My Enemy's Enemy
3x On the Qui Vive
6x Telepathic Misdirection

Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Tue Jan 10 15:59:26 2012]

Last edit: 16 Jan 2012 19:13 by Dorrinal.

More
11 Jan 2012 16:49 #20605 by Kushiel
I don't use Antediluvian except in decks that are either very slow or very fast (the latter also having enough small vampires that I can nuke it myself if need be).

The Black Forest Cake/Demonstration combo is on the prayferful side.

I'd probably throw in a few Walking Sticks for more combat semi-permanents and as an easier post-Theft finisher than hands.

Those minor niggles aside, this certainly looks solid.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorrinal

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds