file Tempting Infernal Familiar

20 Feb 2012 13:22 - 20 Feb 2012 22:41 #23676 by technobabble66
Played on Sunday - replaced a Forced March w Force of Will (proved to be awesome)

Table was roughly tier 2 decks: Me -> Ventrue high-cap vote -> Giovanni (w moderate combat) -> Toreador guns/(moderate)intercept.
I swept, but this had much to do w the success of the Govern-chain (& later +3 bleeds) + low(ish)-intercept environment; plus grand prey & pred coincidently were on 5 & 1 pool respectively by the time i got to them, and the Giovanni's had no minions (i think).

Temptations helped greatly vs pred but not much vs prey (high caps); but did produce my first VP by taking prey's Lucinde w no blood (he assumed it was safe) & playing a Force of Will + Daring the Dawn after she hunted (so burned after bleeding for 3:woohoo: ). I think only 3 Temptations were deployed all game (from 3 attempts).
Infernal Familiars had no input. The minions w them (Seren & Halim) were binned by the time i got the first Tempted minion. Most cards that may hv been handy to use w IF (eg: Domain) were not drawn or the crypt already allowed those cards to be played [eg: everyone had Obf & Thau]. Halim was rescued, but it was too late to transfer the IF :(
Also the only 1 of my minions that needed an IF (Paul) never got it, nor did Seren get a chance to bleed w a Govern before he got binned. So it indicated the IF's are not necessarily benefiting my minions' abilities, but would solely enable the stolen minions to play various cards. I assumed the IFs would play a dual role, but even for this single role they seem best as there is no other tech that would allow the range of cards i wish to deploy.
The Heidelberg also got stolen half-way thru :angry: , after only 1 use (v v disappointing - but got a gun off this first Tempted minion)

My crypt was Paul Cordwood, Seren, Halim, Sahira - the first 3 were a v v good combo - The mix of DOM/OBF/SER/THAU worked v well. Paul's caption proved handy, even if just the "threat" of +1 stealth/intercept boost (tho being frequently tapped was annoying). Paul needed Ser (he never got an IF). Sahira was handy (or could b Black Lotus [see below])
Seren enabled his first action (Temptation on pred's 7-cap) to pass w +5 stealth via OBF - kinda lucky to draw 1 of 2 OBF minions plus the only stealth cards for most of the game. Probably add another 1-2 Seren's.
Maybe drop Belle as she can only play 2 cards & none of the Obf stealth. Could possibly drop Ahmose also, but at least he can play the free Obf cards. Also concerned w concentrating the crypt too much.
I could be tempted to reduce the crypt to Paul, Seren, Halim, plus a few Sahira & Black lotus.

Had trouble using Deflection as the Dom minions were normally tapped - may need some Wakes.

Slightly too many Form of the Serpents, so probably drop 1 & add maybe another Obf stealth.

Weather control was surprisingly effective in the endgame, tho generally as strikeback while my minion went down. Never drew Domain to combine w it.

Generally the basic Temptation strategy is reasonably effective by itself. I think the IF strategy should still be effective at enabling tricky stuff & potentially a few big bleeds in the endgame from stolen minions. I would probably drop 2-3 IFs tho as i started to jam on them after the first 2 went down.
Opium Den may be worth including (thanks for this point, Steve H!)

Any comments/suggestions??
Last edit: 20 Feb 2012 22:41 by technobabble66.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds