file Brujah Princes

29 Sep 2012 16:05 #38034 by brandonsantacruz
I've been thinking about playing Brujah a little more (my favorite clan in the RPG). This seems like an interesting fighty toolbox. I only have 3 Dmitra, or she should be more of a star (that built-in vote is awesome). I don't like paying for guns or fulling my deck with them and I don't want to rely too much on Parity Shift (it is nice, but predictable and sleazy). Blocking and cel/pot fighting is my preferred way of interacting. I like the idea of Blood Hunting and want to take advantage of the fortitude on my guys to Forced March, plus a little prevent. Please let me know what you think could make this deck work better. I haven't played it yet.

How do you intend to oust?
-Some votes, some bleeds. Grinding down my opponents.

How do you intend to survive?
-Block things I really don't like, steal some pool via Parity Shift. Villein back some blood and taste to refill.

What do you expect your ready region to look like?
-At least two Brujah princes, plus a side-kick when I can afford it.

What is your meta like?
-Fairly light combat, but recently one or two decks will show up with medium/strong combat at a time.

Deck Name: Brujah Princes
Author: Brandon Haas
Description:

Crypt (12 cards; Capacity min=3 max=10 avg=7)
=============================================
1x Carlak 8 dom pot CEL PRE Brujah:5
3x Dmitra Ilyanova 9 obf CEL FOR POT PRE Brujah:5
1x Garret 3 pot pre Brujah:4
2x Jann Berger 10 dem for CEL POT PRE Brujah:4
1x Karen Suadela 7 obf pre CEL POT Brujah:5
1x Lynn Thompson 3 cel pot Brujah:5
1x Paul Calderone 4 cel pot pre Brujah:5
1x Tara 6 cel POT PRE Brujah:5
1x Tomaine 6 CEL POT PRE Brujah:4

Library (90 cards)
==================
Master (15)
1x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Fame
1x Fortitude
1x Giant's Blood
1x Haven Uncovered
2x Information Highway
1x New Carthage
2x Sudden Reversal
5x Villein

Action (16)
2x Blood Hunt
4x Enchant Kindred
2x Entrancement
6x Flurry of Action
1x Heart of the City
1x Preternatural Strength

Political Action (4)
1x Anathema
3x Parity Shift

Equipment (2)
1x Heart of Nizchetus
1x Seal of Veddartha

Action Modifier (10)
6x Forced March
4x Iron Glare

Reaction (10)
10x Second Tradition: Domain

Combat (33)
4x Armor of Vitality
1x Decapitate
2x Disarm
2x Glancing Blow
8x Immortal Grapple
4x Pursuit
2x Slam
6x Taste of Vitae
4x Torn Signpost

Created with Secret Library v0.9.3. (Sep 29, 2012 18:32:08)

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2012 16:31 #38038 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Brujah Princes
Glancing blow and no Sideslip ? Sideslip is replaced immediatly and dodging is sometime nice.

Resist Earth's Grasp would also be extra nice, since it help Flurry of action and Forced march work.

You may consider Armin Brenner as additional vampire. He's sabbat but have spot-on discipline spread and 2 votes (and a special useless here, I know)

(as a side note, this kind of reaction package is why I hate 2nd tradition)
The following user(s) said Thank You: brandonsantacruz

More
11 Oct 2012 17:43 #38902 by Pullen
Replied by Pullen on topic Re: Brujah Princes
I like everything but your combat package, it needs a little more focus and I feel like its can only really beat up on deck with no real combat or combat defense. Decap and the glancing blows are impractical and you have no way to deal with a real ranged deck like guns or crows/bats. I understand your not a full combat deck, but a vote or bleed deck with combat defense will be able to deal with this by running away or just ignoring you. Resist Earth's Grasp is a must, the stealth will let you get the blood hunts out on the annoying bleed deck in front of you that your 2nds cant catch to slow them down or you can use them to maneuver against a wall deck that you need to pound down so you can do your actions.

:OBT::MYT::PRO::val::obf:

More
11 Oct 2012 21:30 #38920 by Haze
Replied by Haze on topic Re: Brujah Princes
1 or 2 copies of Archon would help a lot.

You need more Torn Signposts to match your grapples. also, I prefer Sewer Lids over Slam.

I'd remove maybe 2 second traditions just to diversify the reactions, since you won't catch everything. maybe delaying tactics, or lost in translation, or whatever you might need.

More
12 Oct 2012 04:53 #38932 by Dr.Mafrune
Replied by Dr.Mafrune on topic Re: Brujah Princes
I strongly suggest to increase combat package up to 40 cards in 90, reducing the other modules save second traditions.
Incorporate, as a.m. advice, resist earth´s grasp.
Second New Carthage is obligated in this kind of deck.
Prefer two archons instead of blood hunts.
Maybe a forth parity could come handy.
Decapitate is a luxury you cannot afford in this kind of deck. I would rather concentrate on using disarms. In general the package lacks on stregth output.
4 torns, 2 slam, 1 decapitate is to few for a dedicated combat deck.

:TEM::AUS::DEM:

More
12 Oct 2012 07:19 #38948 by Kiddo
Replied by Kiddo on topic Re: Brujah Princes
No Reginald in a crypt? He's a 4-cap with a title and thus benefits greatly from Carthage...

Also, while this may not be your idea of a combat module, I prefer in this kind of a deck a Stutter Step+torn version rather than Grapple+whatever - to me this crypt setup proved a bit fragile for a serious combat, this way it is more of a 'if it passes, great, if not, i still dodged'. Regardless of the route, you'd benefit from a Depravity (and another permastrength action).

Why Villein? In a deck that can constantly refill vampires (Carlak's ability is very very good for that, even with such few political actions), I'd prefer a way to refill or manage blood on my vamps in both ways and on more permanent basis. I'd personally prefer Blood dolls or Vessels here.

Also, while he's nice, Jann has proven to me to be a bit too large a vampire for such a deck, even with his for. I went with 3 Dmitra/2Carlak/3Karen/2Tara/1Tomaine/1reginald and it worked better, for me.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds