file Brujah Princes

12 Oct 2012 08:51 #38961 by Lemminkäinen
Replied by Lemminkäinen on topic Re: Brujah Princes
You have 33 combat cards with 12 of them being mainly defensive in nature (well, Taste is kinda hard to label, but it's certainly not an offensive card) so that leaves just 21 offensive combat cards. Out of those, 8 are IG, which doesn't really up your damage potential (well, the Press kinda does, but not by much by it's lonesome), so you actually have just 13 combat cards that put the hurt on your victim. That's very little.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Oct 2012 12:43 #38988 by brandonsantacruz
Replied by brandonsantacruz on topic Re: Brujah Princes
Ok, great advice guys. I especially like the Stutter-Step idea, maybe mixed in with a fair amount of Disarm. I'll revise the deck again today.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
12 Oct 2012 13:09 #38991 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Brujah Princes

I especially like the Stutter-Step idea, maybe mixed in with a fair amount of Disarm.

Only tangentially related, but I like Disarm less and less, because you can't re-disarm someone disarmed, because you can't cycle it as easily as a torn, and because I feel often less well served by a torpor than by direct damage.

Then again, it's far from being the weakest card ever.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boris The Blade

More
12 Oct 2012 21:48 #39005 by brandonsantacruz
Replied by brandonsantacruz on topic Re: Brujah Princes
Ok, here's a revised version. The Fortitude is rather hard to support, so I dropped that. Other decisions detailed below:

Crypt (12 cards; Capacity min=4 max=9 avg=7.08)
===============================================
2x Carlak 8 dom pot CEL PRE Brujah:5
3x Dmitra Ilyanova 9 obf CEL FOR POT PRE Brujah:5
2x Karen Suadela 7 obf pre CEL POT Brujah:5
1x Reginald Moore 4 PRE Brujah:4
2x Tara 6 cel POT PRE Brujah:5
1x Tomaine 6 CEL POT PRE Brujah:4
1x Vasily 6 aus pre ser CEL Toreador:5

Tomaine is ok, but he isn't a prince and therefore lacks the votes and princeness required for this deck. Went 1x Tomaine and 1x Vasily (Cheap torry prince with CEL).

Library (90 cards)
==================
Master (16)
2x Blood Doll
1x Depravity (good call, been wanting to play this)
1x Direct Intervention (cock block for combo decks, block fails, etc)
1x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Fame (The threat is good to keep them from blocking, can always rush later)
1x Giant's Blood
1x Haven Uncovered
1x Information Highway
2x New Carthage
1x Sudden Reversal (just an all-around good card, never regret playing it)
4x Villein

Event (1)
1x Scourge of the Enochians (don't want chumps running around)

Action (14)
8x Flurry of Action
4x Fourth Tradition: The Accounting (most bang for your action, cool card)
1x Heart of the City
1x Preternatural Strength

Political Action (5)
2x Archon (Hurts to block, gives rush ability vs anyone and blood hunt immunity)
3x Parity Shift

Action Modifier (5)
4x Iron Glare
1x Perfect Paragon (Stealth/+3 votes are good)

Reaction (12)
12x Second Tradition: Domain (I want to block a LOT)

Combat (33)
2x Disarm
2x Majesty (Good to get multi acting when you need to, GTFO of combat if needed)
4x Psyche! (better late game than IG)
6x Pursuit
3x Sideslip
2x Stutter-Step
6x Taste of Vitae
2x Thrown Sewer Lid (With 10 maneuvers of my own and opponents' maneuvers these could be good)
6x Torn Signpost

Combo (4)
4x Resist Earth's Grasp (Stealth is often an important play to seal victory)

Created with Secret Library v0.9.3. (Oct 13, 2012 02:41:04)

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr.Mafrune

More
13 Oct 2012 09:14 #39027 by Azel
Replied by Azel on topic Re: Brujah Princes
With 9/12 in your crypt w/ superior PRE (which is the same number as those w/ CEL here) I'd want more than two Majesties, personally.

I like the Stutter Step + Torn Signpost idea, let me know how it works.

Personally I find Flash a remarkable defensive card that switches decently for offense. I don't see much concern in your meta at the moment, but when ANI Crow combat comes your way it's a lifesaver.

Stunt Cycle rains on many people's parades. Few of my combats were more glorious than when I've Stunt Cycled someone to torpor who thought they got me with Ivory Bow or Breath of the Dragon. With 8/12 with POT here, I'd think about it.

I'd want a sprinkle more of vote defense myself. I'd think about Delaying Tactics. Though you'll have vote presence here, so an Irregular Protocol might be fun instead.

More
13 Oct 2012 09:26 #39028 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Brujah Princes

With 9/12 in your crypt w/ superior PRE (which is the same number as those w/ CEL here) I'd want more than two Majesties, personally.

It's an emergency card in a deck that already sport Stutter step and 3 sideslip. Too much emergency card are too much.

Personally I find Flash a remarkable defensive card that switches decently for offense. I don't see much concern in your meta at the moment, but when ANI Crow combat comes your way it's a lifesaver.

Well, Resist Earth Grasp is just better. Yes, it cost a blood, but it give stealth for the 8 flurry. And he can use Psyche! to press to end.

Stunt Cycle rains on many people's parades. Few of my combats were more glorious than when I've Stunt Cycled someone to torpor who thought they got me with Ivory Bow or Breath of the Dragon. With 8/12 with POT here, I'd think about it.

It's just too awful against celegun for me. I prefer Thrown Sewer lid any day. It's meta dependant, but ranged aggravated is not that much of a problem, especially when you have Sideslip.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds