file Madame Guil Typhonic Beast

10 Feb 2013 11:11 - 10 Feb 2013 11:13 #45125 by Grail
Deck Name: It's a crazy beastie Eye-Grand Ball
Created By: Grail
Description: Madame Guil Alastors up the Eye of Hazimel and then goes on a one girl wrecking party. Using Typhonic Beast with celerity for combat win. Bleed and Parity shift for oust.

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 11, Max: 40, Avg: 6.416)
5 Madame Guil AUS CEL for pot PRE ser10 Toreador
2 Sir Ralph Hamilton cel POT PRE ser 6 Brujah
1 Emerson Wilkershire III pre 2 Toreador
1 Sean Andrews cel 2 Toreador
1 Yvette, The Hopeless aus cel 3 Toreador
1 Fahd al-Zawaba'a cel for pre 4 Toreador
1 Thomas De Lutrius aus cel pre 4 Toreador

Library: (75 cards)
Master (11 cards)
4 Toreador Grand Ball
1 Fortitude
1 Blood Doll
2 Vessel
1 Depravity
1 Art Museum
1 Society Hunting Ground

Action Modifier (14 cards)
5 Freak Drive
4 Bewitching Oration
5 Forced March

Political Action (8 cards)
4 Alastor
4 Parity Shift

Reaction (5 cards)
5 Second Tradition: Domain, The

Combat (32 cards)
10 Typhonic Beast
5 Flash
5 Immortal Grapple
5 Blur
2 Disarm
5 Taste of Vitae

Equipment (5 cards)
2 Eye of Hazimel
1 Helicopter
1 Bowl of Convergence
1 Sire`s Index Finger

How do you intend to oust?
Bleeds + Parity Shift

How do you intend to keep from being ousted?
Backwards rush, second tradition, Parity Shift to keep pool up.

What do you want your ready region to look like (ie, how many guys are you planning on getting out)?
Madame Guil + 1 or 2 2 caps, and potentially Ralph as a backup.

What do you want your average turn to look like?
Madame Guil calls vote
Madame Guil rushes
Madame Guil Bleeds

What's your metagame like? How do your opponents play?
Eclectic. All deck styles see play.

What problems have you observed with the deck in play?
Had the deck together years ago and then pulled it apart. Slow to get going, and getting outvoted are obvious problems.

-- [ Grail ] --
Last edit: 10 Feb 2013 11:13 by Grail.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Feb 2013 11:55 #45127 by Kraus
Madame Guil is awesome. Typhonic Beast is awesome. This deck is awesome.

That was our dosage of fandom for today. :) In reality the deck makes a cool concept, but the same has been done with Assault Rifle for ages. Granted, Typhonic Beast is not that voulnerable to things that destroy or steal weapons, but it'll get the job done with less cards being invested.

If you want to go for the Typhonics, though, I've been doing the same with Nehemiah for a couple of times now. Try out Dabbler:

Master: archetype. Trifle.
Put this card on a vampire you control. Once each turn when this vampire uses 3 or more Disciplines to play cards during an action, he or she may gain 1 blood from the bank or burn 1 blood to untap (after the action is resolved). A vampire can have only one archetype.

It has great synergy with Typhonic. I comboed it with Temporis, but Auspex (Aura Reading or Telepathic Tracking) or Celerity (anything basically) is great as well.

Helicopter's a bit much?

I'd really like to see Tele Tracking instead of Grapple here, at least in some quantities.

Fortitude discipline instead of Serpentis? Hmm, I dunno. Maybe you're better off with just inferior Fortitude.

The 4 Orations could be: 1 Oration, 1 Scalpel Tongue, 1 Awe and 1 Perfect Paragon instead, so that you'll have more diversity. Also, Scalpel Tongue is AWESOME.

For Caine's sake, put in at least two bounce! :D

I'm afraid there's a chance you'll deplete your deck before you've wrecked the whole table. Assault Rifle and Psyche! is just a better deal most of the time. Typhonic is awesome as hell, though.

Damn, I should make that Madame Guil serpentis unblockable thing one of these days...

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grail

More
10 Feb 2013 12:39 #45129 by Ohlmann
Maybe temptation in x1 or x2, since you use serpentis ? You can use it on one of your minion if he is low on blood, and taking controle of an IC for a turn may help for political action.

I would also put a bit more forward action and/or bleed redirection.

(note that Serpentis master are near useless on the current setup, since Guil does not have potence sup').

More
10 Feb 2013 13:02 #45130 by Adonai

(note that Serpentis master are near useless on the current setup, since Guil does not have potence sup').

Eye of Hazimel takes care of providing superior Potence.

I do agree about adding Temptation.

More
10 Feb 2013 13:31 #45131 by ReverendRevolver
Sweet deck. Looks fun. I listed but never build one that was more 2nd trad reliant with guil, suhailah, and the nos prince (murat?) With pot ser.
No trap?

More
10 Feb 2013 22:17 #45162 by Grail
I like 75 card decks.... what can I say. :P

I did try to fit some bounce in, but couldn't manage it. Though with this kind of deck, I'd pre-emptively attack any minion my pred brought out that that I thought would be a big bleeder. The combat angle of the deck is what I like to consider as "aggressive, proactive intercept".

I'm a big fan of Helicopters as well. Even with access to Freak Drives/Forced March - I like them for the permanency, and there's just something cool about flying around in a chopper looking for someone to bash.

The fortitude card over the serpentis is for 2 reasons.
1) It allows me to Freak even after an unsuccessful action (incase of burnt TGB or blocked bleed)
2) It allows me to generate stealth through Forced March.
I'm not really too concerned about the press from TB, I've got Flash and IG to generate them if really needed.

I completely agree that Assault Rifle + Psyche is a much more efficient use of Alastor, but I like and always have liked the concept of having a lil' toreador ripping things apart with her bare hands. :evil:

As for Temptations.... it's like Bounce, what to take out? I'd also consider putting in a Form of Corruption, but again - space. Yes, there are up to 15 spare slots in the deck, but the more I put in, the less chance I have of drawing into an Alastor or TB or TGB.

I suppose I could ditch the Helicopter... for one of them.

Also, yeah - I think I'll go with the 1x Bewitching, 1x Paragon, 1x Awe and 1x Scalpel Tongue.

-- [ Grail ] --

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds