file !Ventrue Recruiting Parties

08 Jul 2013 21:52 - 09 Jul 2013 13:49 #51122 by Robert Scythe

I believe he change completely the idea of the deck, and it's something he tend to do quite a bit, so I call him on it.

So you deign this to be your job, intervening in threads as a vigilante moderator to bring justice to the wicked beasts in the way of forward progress that you do not even contribute to?

The first suggestion is to replace a 2-cap by a 7-cap

Looks sound to me, a no repeat crypt for a Recruiting party deck makes sense and with all the Governs in the deck he is more useful than another copy of a 2 cap can provide.

and after that he talk about adding a bunch of card that more or less require sup' dom to be useful

And by 'a bunch of cards' you mean 2 Seductions.

removing disciplineless one, change completely the combat objective, it's far more than just suggestion to me.

The OP was already considering a different combat objective in his post, an idea that I think should be expanded on. Jeff offered a more obvious tried and true suggestion that may or may not be of interest to the OP but is not radically different than his and others musings. In both cases the CoT should, most likely, be removed.

Jeff seems to be offering advice whereas you are offering absolutely nothing but some self-righteous spite.
Last edit: 09 Jul 2013 13:49 by Robert Scythe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2013 22:07 #51125 by Juggernaut1981
Is this all sounding like table talk to anyone else? Or is it just my playgroup that table-talks like this?

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
The following user(s) said Thank You: ReverendRevolver

More
09 Jul 2013 01:18 #51127 by ReverendRevolver
Blackhorse is never not awesome. I almost said owain and blackhorse should be included, even though they arent as fast, they arecso useful its worth it many times.

I see no reason to run double samson when blackhorse helps more.

More
09 Jul 2013 09:38 #51135 by self biased

Is this all sounding like table talk to anyone else? Or is it just my playgroup that table-talks like this?

my group's table talk usually includes more epithets, ridiculing each other's sexuality, and deriding the way we post on internet forums. Your mileage may vary.

More
09 Jul 2013 17:42 #51155 by KoKo
First off, I appreciate any and all comments, suggestions and criticism on the decks I post on here. That's kinda the point. I have seen some great suggestions in your replies here and I will take most under consideration (actually will most likely apply most).

A note on Jeff's suggestions. I truly don't think he changed the deck's spirit at all and I will be using most of his tweaks save maybe for the combat module. I will however be tweaking that as well to include the guns that were previously suggested by other posters. The reality being that I see a variety of combat including a fair share of long range kung fu, I updated the module accordingly (although I am getting cute with ammo so it may very well change again depending on success rate).

Also I rarely if ever build decks that go over 70 cards so concerns of going down to 60, while shocking to some, sounds perfectly doable and totally worth it for this kind of deck. You can check the OP to view the changes I have made.

I am, however, going to stand against the inclusion of any 7+ cap vampire in the crypt. I realize the awesome power of Blackhorse Tanner and/or Owain Evans and I may end up using them as the deck evolves... but...

You must realize that Smason is the most powerful vampire in the deck much on par with Pior Andreikov in BH/Kamut decks. I honestly think Samson is what makes the deck's core allowing for way too many vital turn 2 actions. There's of course the potential of bleeding for 5 while your prey has yet to setup. If they're playing fatties, then this makes a huge difference, possibly crippling them for the rest of the game.

But the true power of Samson comes from being able to play a Recruiting Party without (hopefully) getting blocked on turn 2. This allows you to bring out a 5-cap which you would otherwise not be able to do. That's kinda the point of the deck. If I were to add Blackhorse Tanner and Owain Evans, then RP becomes much less interesting and as a result should probably be switched for Govern the Unaligned which would then make this inferior to a traditional grinder (although this may already be the case).

Please check out the changes made in OP. I plan on testing this real soon.

More
09 Jul 2013 18:08 #51159 by TorranceCircle
KoKo please tell us how it turns out after you play it. I like recruiting party and may try a deck too. I like all the cards that move blood/pool/counters around en masse. Tribute to the Master, Honor the Elders, Unwholesome Bond etc. etc. My favorite is Bay and Howl!

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds