file !Ventrue Recruiting Parties

09 Jul 2013 20:10 #51186 by Powerlord
@koko

Looks like a cool deck, lets us know the outcome.

@torrancecircle

I have a more or less functional Bay and Howl deck, i'll try to post it tomorow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TorranceCircle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2013 00:02 #51202 by ReverendRevolver
Id like to know how the scattershot works out magazined to 44s. Ive thought about using them recently with sawed offs or deagles, but never really considered using the manuever to go to close.....

Watch out for agg. Always claim to have SoS, Sup Mettle, or AoV in hand. :)

More
10 Jul 2013 02:59 - 10 Jul 2013 03:04 #51213 by Robert Scythe

I am, however, going to stand against the inclusion of any 7+ cap vampire in the crypt. I realize the awesome power of Blackhorse Tanner and/or Owain Evans and I may end up using them as the deck evolves... but...

You must realize that Smason is the most powerful vampire in the deck much on par with Pior Andreikov in BH/Kamut decks. I honestly think Samson is what makes the deck's core allowing for way too many vital turn 2 actions. There's of course the potential of bleeding for 5 while your prey has yet to setup. If they're playing fatties, then this makes a huge difference, possibly crippling them for the rest of the game.

With this deck I would NOT include Owain, however, I believe Tanner is a good idea. If not then Katherine Stoddard. Try this out though, if your cards are covered, put one copy of Samson in upside down (or any other way to differentiate between the two) and see if it wouldn't have been better if that copy was Blackhorse/Katherine. Samson's main advantage is if you are 2nd and he is in the uncontrolled, or you are 3rd or 4th and have no other 3 or 4 caps in the uncontrolled, respectfuly. Even then a small cap vamp of your pred/prey could stop him anyway, dependent upon the action.
Last edit: 10 Jul 2013 03:04 by Robert Scythe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda

More
10 Jul 2013 12:46 #51246 by ReverendRevolver
Not sure how i missed this before, but why no Dylan?

Standing plus bleed is hot, and yes, you have another 6 cap with big aus and dom, but standing bleed is hot.

I kinda agree aboit katherine stoddard, which i dont do typically since shes too big to not have at least big fortitude(and with her special, big fortitude would make her rock in stickman decks...) but she is good for you, who needs smaller vamps and relies on bloat and oust then sticking around with a hair of defense.

More
10 Jul 2013 16:56 - 10 Jul 2013 16:56 #51265 by KoKo
Oh my God I can't believe I forgot about Katherine Stoddard. I love her! Dylan, yeah, I kept him out mostly because I was looking to get some SUP discipline carrying vamps in the crypt. I will eventually try several crypt variants if the deck seems to work. Will keep you posted.
Last edit: 10 Jul 2013 16:56 by KoKo.

More
11 Jul 2013 00:01 #51294 by Robert Scythe
I thought of Dylan as well but decided against for the same reasons. I don't believe that this deck should be considered a "Grinder" type deck since its design is closer to crypt machine with a chance to seem less aggressive, dependent upon how it is played.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds