file DeSalle Spoiled the Punch: Show of Force Bruise Bleed

29 Nov 2013 08:14 - 29 Nov 2013 08:22 #57235 by gotcha
I forgot about the strength .... that makes it a lot more responsable indeed - )
Could tribute to the master be an addition since you plan to have quiet some minions out? And maybe a couple of horseshoes to target a villeined minion, the untapped ventrue with 2 blood ready to bounce, ....? Waste managment operation could be useful with 60 cards? Maybe like 4 enchant kindred instead of 4 show of force? With a grooming and an enchant you could really speed up things .... I also think archon investigation is a good idea, maybe just a couple of touch of pain if you want some defense against a weenie predator ...
Last edit: 29 Nov 2013 08:22 by gotcha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2013 10:33 #57236 by Ashur
Around here this deck would be bounced all around the table and/or quickly ousted by an aggressive stealthbleeder. Is it possible to add 3-4 Haven Uncovered?

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
29 Nov 2013 16:50 #57241 by Dorrinal
I don't think this deck bloats well enough to have more than 3 minions out before it gets an oust. Blood Doll will work fine.

Around here this deck would be bounced all around the table and/or quickly ousted by an aggressive stealthbleeder. Is it possible to add 3-4 Haven Uncovered?

Are these hypothetical targets soft enough to be vulnerable to my anemic rush combat? Not sure they are worth the slots.

:trem:

More
29 Nov 2013 18:09 - 29 Nov 2013 18:14 #57242 by Jussi
I've been toying around with the similar idea, so I obviously like your deck. What I see, is some difficulties in pool protection and oust potential.

I go to latter first: You have almost half of your deck combat. If no-one is blocking or you are bounced, soon your combat is dead cards in your hand. Therefore I'd suggest you go down to 20 combat cards or less in a 60 card deck (6 Taste of Vitaes are too many, for example).

For oust, you need more than threat of combat, therefore I'd suggest an Anarch Troublemaker or two.

And last, you should consider Tangle Atropo's Hand to overcome bounce (you could even implement Ambulances then).

Pool protection with Brujah Antitribu is troublesome, especially if you don't plan backrushes. Bloat is a good option, but I'd add some more - Two Wrongs is a good choice if your playgroup plays bounce regularly. I think, that every playgroup does. Other option is Direct Intervention.

Ashur suggested Haven Uncovereds. If you have (master) slots, you could add them. You don't have strong combat, but for a minion with 3-ish blood Haven Uncovered is a threat - and that minion will waste an action to get rid of it (unless your cross table buddies help by rushing that minion). Anyways, in Finland, Haven Uncovered is often considered as a free one turn Pentex Subversion ;)

I feel, that pool protection needs something more - Tribute to the Master and Archon Investigation have already been suggested. I don't have any more suggestions, so I leave it here.

!bruj! :CEL: :POT: :PRE: :cap6:
----
Banging trashcans, breaking windows
We'll wake you up tonight

We like the good time, we scream and shout
And that's what fun's about
Last edit: 29 Nov 2013 18:14 by Jussi. Reason: Clarifications adn typos

More
30 Nov 2013 07:50 #57247 by Ashur

Are these hypothetical targets soft enough to be vulnerable to my anemic rush combat? Not sure they are worth the slots.

Well, some are, like Malk 94 or Kindred Spirits or obf-pre sb. Lasombra and Kiasyd sb tend to run Nocturns for protection, but Haven Uncovered provides stealth, so unless Unmasking is out it should be good.

But of course rushing backwards takes focus from your main thing with this deck.

I guess it´s a meta choice. Around here (Sweden) I guess it´s about 33-50 % risk your predator is a aggressive bleeder, and then you must go backwards, possibly even backousting.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
01 Dec 2013 06:01 #57269 by ReverendRevolver
You can still play spoils of war on a backrush. Just has to be a successful D action ;)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds