file Jaroslav & Hektor

22 Jul 2014 19:57 #63900 by kombainas
Replied by kombainas on topic Re: Jaroslav & Hektor
The problem with trusts is that you would get blocked before you set up and even late in the game, after you clearly show, that you could and would bleed for 5. Enchant Kindred gives more acceleration, and your prey would not block it, at least not until you set up your Pascek for reliable defense.

However, if you simply dropped Pascek and went for a more classic pairing with Armin, you would get 1 less vote and intercept, +1 stealth Forced March, +1 pool from votes and unified rush package with prevent-all-strikes option. If you wish to remain blocky, try a few Under Siege (you get same number of untaps with 1 less intercept than 2nd trad for a cost of 2 actions, 6 less blood, 2 more pool and visible number of untaps left). Parity shifts will go, but they always had to become Reins of Power, Ancient Influence and Political Stranglehold (more powerful in a deck like this).

Also, be prepared, that any proper vote deck will lock you out from voting (Hektor with installed rush and 3 strength can be a bit too scary). Yawp Court can help you completely shut out any voter you want and extort their support. A few non-vote rushes would help as back-up plan, but the level of need depends on meta.

Oh, and Gang Territory instead of Montreal. 2 pool cost instead of risking theft. You do not have many minions to steal it back and would waste 2nd Trads defending (why gain 1 pool now, when you will fail to block bleed for 3 a moment later?).

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jul 2014 13:16 #63924 by Yochanan
Replied by Yochanan on topic Re: Jaroslav & Hektor
Thanks for the thoughtful feedback kombainas.

You make a good point about the enchant kindreds vs the other bleed actions, especially if I see them as an important alternative to Zillah's or info highway. I could see justifying putting an enkil cog in then moreso (to bleed for 3 with enchant kindreds mid/late game).

I see where you're going with Armin, but it would be a different deck alltogether. I would like to see what I can do with the duo.

I'm not sure the parity shifts need to go even with a prince/justicar remaining. I've been trying to avoid it turning into a vote deck but I'm shooting myself in the foot, maybe 2 parity shifts and a few of the powerful singleton votes would be an alternative.

Running into an Inner Circle deck is definately an issue, especially since they'll probably Zillah's an IC out before me and then I'll have a hell of a time getting off a Dogs of War and/or Alastor. I have the Iron Glares, but they may have the Awes and Bewitchings, so yeah I might want to consider a way to shut out vampire - Yawp Court is a great suggestion, and maybe a couple scalpel tongues.

If you desire to say anything on the decision, I would appreciate your thoughts regarding dropping the IG and TSP from the original list. Thanks

More
23 Jul 2014 13:44 #63925 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic Re: Jaroslav & Hektor

I see where you're going with Armin, but it would be a different deck alltogether. I would like to see what I can do with the duo.

The problem with his idea is that you have 2 star vampires and none of them can play all our cards.

It basically means that if/when one of your guys will be shut down, a good chunk of your deck will be useless.

Sory but as a deck builder wih VERY bad habit, I am a fairly good judge for bad deckbuilding and honestly, going with 2 different techs for 2 different vampires is bad deckbuilding.

More
23 Jul 2014 14:09 #63927 by Yochanan
This is why the second list is getting away from immortal grapple and torn signpost, even though both can play them at superior, they are at odds with Jaroslav's melee tech. I think going the heavier celerity route works for both vampires. Of course if Jaroslav is shut down, then the second traditions, parity shifts, and alastors are dead draws, whereas if Hektor is shut down the Dogs of war are dead draws...which is perhaps still too many vampire dependent cards. In theory, if one is shut down, I'll still have one star to step it up: Hektor back rushes more if Jaroslav is shut down, Jaroslav goes forward more if Hektor is shut down (I should probably include a pentex :P). I think there are some advantages in terms of versatility to using both, but maybe their outweighed by the disadvantages.

More
23 Jul 2014 14:36 #63929 by porphyrion
Replied by porphyrion on topic Re: Jaroslav & Hektor
Always include that Pentex!! ;-)
Hektor got a lot better since 'Under Siege', but Jaroslav's inherent intercept is just so damn good.
Bundi might fit Jaroslav... but a Weighted Walking Stick is just so easy to put on him...

More
23 Jul 2014 15:03 #63930 by Yochanan
Yes, it really should be in there. Apparently I think he's quite good a well given I'm stuck on trying him out instead of going the Armin direction :)

I considered bundi and weighted walking stick, but figured I'd go an agg angle with both Hektor and Jaroslav.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds