file Hektor No Frills

01 Aug 2014 08:28 - 01 Aug 2014 20:13 #64559 by David_Mac
Hektor No Frills was created by David_Mac
Hi guys I've been trying to build a Hektor deck for some time without success. Aiming for something that'll focus on sending minions to torpor.

How do you intend to oust?
Intercept and send enemy minions to torpor, dragonbound and fear in the ranks.
How do you intend to keep from being ousted?
Wake, Intercept and send enemy minions to torpor.
What do you want your ready region to look like (ie, how many guys are you planning on getting out)?
Hektor, one additional vamp for occasional odd jobs (Pentex removal)
What do you want your average turn to look like?
Sit and wait.
What's your metagame like? How do your opponents play?
Lots of anesthetic touch, Henry twister, occasional Settite weenie, Brujah bruiser.
What problems have you observed with the deck in play?
Routinely shut down by anesthetic touch or out-maneuvered by gun decks in the past.

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 3 max: 9 average: 6.00
6x Hektor (9):CEL: :POT: :PRE: :QUI: :for:Priscus!bruj! Brujah antitribu(group 4)
5x Caroline Bishops (3):cel: :for: :pot::pand: Pander(group 4)
1x Garret (3):pot: :pre::bruj: Brujah(group 4)
Library [80 cards]
Action [13]
2x Abbot
2x Enchant Kindred
1x Entrancement
2x Eternal Vigilance
2x Heroic Might
1x Preternatural Strength
1x Show of Force
2x Under Siege

Action Modifier [3]
3x Forced March

Combat [41]
3x Blur
9x Immortal Grapple
1x King of the Mountain
4x Quick Jab
8x Selective Silence
7x Skin of Steel
9x Taste of Vitae

Equipment [3]
2x Laptop Computer
1x Sport Bike

Event [3]
1x Dragonbound
1x NSA Trio
1x Scourge of the Enochians

Master [17]
1x Amusement Park Hunting Ground
1x Fortitude
2x Gang Territory
1x Guardian Angel
1x KRCG News Radio
1x Storage Annex
1x Sudden Reversal
1x Tension in the Ranks
1x The Rumor Mill, Tabloid Newspaper
2x Vessel
1x Villein
1x WMRH Talk Radio
1x Wall Street Night, Financial Newspaper
1x Wash
1x Yawp Court

Recorded with : Sutekh 0.8.4 [ 2014-08-01 ]
Last edit: 01 Aug 2014 20:13 by David_Mac.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Aug 2014 09:20 #64560 by kombainas
Replied by kombainas on topic Re: Hektor No Frills
This looks super slow already...

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

More
01 Aug 2014 15:36 #64573 by ReverendRevolver
Crypt:

Diversify. Alot. There are many more support vamps, especially in g3-4. Benedict Giovanni, Lorrie Dunsirn, Pug, 4+ bru or anti bru.... you get the idea.

Actions..... i dig abbot. Under siege is neat.

But by aiming for "no frills" im unsure on most other stuff. Pretunatural sots alot less than HM, so Id revrse ratios. Adding resist earths grasp is prudent.

Im all about combat decks, but 41 is not good here. You are slow, and will crypt jam anyway. Selective silemce isnt good here. Quietus isnt going to help much in general, except maybe foul blood for laughs. Pursuit, grapple, blur, signpost, disarm, slam, and 6-8 of:skin of steel, sup mettle, armor of vitality. And of course taste. 36 is good combat card # for 90 cards. 80 wants less.

Masters are 17, 4 trifles in 80 cards.

Only acceleration is enchant. 3 forced march and no stealth.

You will not do well against:

Stealthbleed, swarms, powerbleed, or turbo anything. You arw too slow with too few minions/actions.

Combat with fortitude and anything you use: they laugh at your offense and you cant survive thiers as cheaply.

Combat with animalism: crows, more minions. Armor of vitality helps, and dotb by them ups your taste, but still not good.

Combat with celerity guns: yea, SS may have helped, but barely. Either outmanuever or pack lids. Additionals get you bad.

You cant easily oust:

Bloater voters, second trad with fortitude, imbued often, other combat with b tter kung fu, gotsdam, gargoyles (giggle) , obedience stuff, and plenty more.

Shrink the list of trumps, and the decks better.

I pointed out glaring stuff, im sure theres more. Its not a bad idea, its just a tad short of where it could be. I like Germaine way better than Hektor, and Hektor isnt bad, just not perfect, and when Hardestadt and Germaine are in his grouping, i lean toward them.

More
01 Aug 2014 17:54 #64576 by kombainas
Without rushes, you cannot defend your early position, too... All those intercept toys will work against you, since you will tap for them, only 3 conditional untaps there ain't enough and you need time AND correct tools to set up.

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

More
02 Aug 2014 00:51 - 02 Aug 2014 00:52 #64585 by David_Mac
Replied by David_Mac on topic Re: Hektor No Frills
Thanks for the feedback, guys- I'll have a go at jiggling things a little and get back to you with the changes. The whole Selective Silence thing is aimed at getting around maneuver sheenadigans, forcing close range and getting Immortal Grapple on for 1 or 2 rounds of agg damage... I've had a lot of trouble being outmaneuvered in the past and figured this was a good way around the problem.
Last edit: 02 Aug 2014 00:52 by David_Mac.

More
02 Aug 2014 09:06 #64589 by kombainas
Slams, resist earth's grasps (REG) and pursuits instead of blurs solve all maneuver problems and have alternate uses as well. Selective silence would be better than a mix of those only against Sniper Rifles (of common things) but then again, you would have press from REG and fortitude has some neat multi-purpose presses. Or just add a few long range strikes.

Out of things I have in my own "no frills" Hektor deck, which I find a must, are:

Legendary Vampire (I have votey angle instead of blockey, but that +2 bleed wins VPs...), more card-effective than Laptops, but my crypt is different, I am able to play it late as well
Giant's Blood (risky, but combat is blood-intensive)
Perfectionist (blood management, and Hektor is unlikely to be blocked)
Aranthebes (weenies would rip you to shreds)
Kevlar Vest
+2 Freak Drive (actually, Hektor gets blocked :D)
Mylan (remember, he has 1 bleed besides untap)
Amaranth (3 votes and table-dealing can be enough to negotiate free-pass)
Thrown Sewer Lid and Stunt Cycle (less maneuvers actually needed)
Disarm (for supporting vamps)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds