file Hektor No Frills

02 Aug 2014 21:14 #64624 by brandonsantacruz
This deck doesn't address the problem of anesthetic touch you mentioned. Switch your grapples to psyche and selective silence to pursuit. Blur is redundant. One additional strike with agg hands is enough and the maneuver from pursuit is very helpful.

Ousting is really weak in this deck and your prey will run away with the table. Solve that and you have a chance at vps.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2014 09:10 - 03 Aug 2014 09:15 #64629 by David_Mac
Replied by David_Mac on topic Re: Hektor No Frills
Ok so I've taken some notes on your posts and had a crack at modifying the deck. Thanks all for your comments they're greatly appreciated and they're teaching me a great deal about the game.

How do you intend to oust?
Hoping to catch Legendary on Hektor and use him as a consistent heavy bleeder, otherwise dunk opponent's minions and slowly bleed out.

How do you intend to keep from being ousted?
Build to heavy intercept, yawp to deal with voters, aranthebes and enochians to deal with weenie rush.

What do you want your ready region to look like (ie, how many guys are you planning on getting out)?
Hektor, one or two additional minor vamps for backup.

What's your metagame like? How do your opponents play?
Lots of anesthetic touch, lots of s:ce, occasional Settite weenie, occasional bruiser.

What would you like this deck to do?
Combat dominance with Hektor to clear the table of minions.

Problems in the past?
Routinely shut down by anesthetic touch or out-maneuvered by saturday night special / dragon's breath decks in the past. Hoping combo of selective silence and some unexpected quick jabs (I'm assuming these will deliver Hektor's aggravated damage with first strike to catch anasthetic touch vamps) will be enough to overcome these with some quick dunks.

Concerns?
Wondering if Hektor is the vamp for the job- he really needs superior Fort out of the box. Also concerned about combat card count- will 30 be enough to dominate the table with combat?

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 3 max: 9 average: 6.67
5x Hektor (9):CEL: :POT: :PRE: :QUI: :for:Priscus!bruj! Brujah antitribu(group 4)
2x Miguel Santo Domingo (7):POT: :PRE: :cel: :for:!bruj! Brujah antitribu(group 3)
1x Pug Jackson (6):CEL: :POT: :for: :pre:Primogen:bruj: Brujah(group 3)
1x Aaron Bathurst (4):for: :obf: :pot:!nosf! Nosferatu antitribu(group 4)
1x Lorrie Dunsirn (4):POT: :for: :nec::abom: Abomination(group 4)
1x Patrick (4):POT: :pre:!bruj! Brujah antitribu(group 4)
1x Caroline Bishops (3):cel: :for: :pot::pand: Pander(group 4)
Library [80 cards]
Action [16]
1x Abbot
1x Aranthebes, The Immortal
6x Bum's Rush
1x Entrancement
1x Eternal Vigilance
1x Heroic Might
2x Preternatural Strength
3x Under Siege

Action Modifier [10]
4x Forced March
6x Freak Drive

Action Modifier/Combat [3]
3x Resist Earth's Grasp

Ally [1]
1x Mylan Horseed (Goblin)

Combat [27]
1x Amaranth
2x Disarm
3x Hidden Strength
3x Immortal Grapple
1x King of the Mountain
2x Psyche!
2x Quick Jab
2x Selective Silence
4x Skin of Steel
2x Slam
5x Taste of Vitae

Equipment [2]
1x Kevlar Vest
1x Sport Bike

Event [2]
1x NSA Trio
1x Scourge of the Enochians

Master [18]
1x Amusement Park Hunting Ground
3x Fortitude
2x Gang Territory
1x Guardian Angel
1x KRCG News Radio
4x Legendary Vampire
1x Perfectionist
1x Sudden Reversal
2x Vessel
1x WMRH Talk Radio
1x Yawp Court

Retainer [1]
1x Mr. Winthrop

Recorded with : Sutekh 0.8.4 [ 2014-08-03 ]
Last edit: 03 Aug 2014 09:15 by David_Mac.

More
03 Aug 2014 17:19 #64644 by ReverendRevolver
Test it some. King of the mountain is 2 blood for almost nothing. Not sure its even good as a 1 of. Fast hands wpuld almost be better.

Im not sure how anaesthetic touch os a thing anywhere. I mean, I made finals at NAC day one this year and had lile 3-4 of them in my deck, and certainly targeted vitals too, but thats one deck. I couldnt imagine wanting to routinely use it. And it gets under grapple, thats its thing. Maybe rotschreck?

Of the vamps with standing agg hands i can think of (Basilia, samamntha, lamback, that baali, janey, hektor, nazzim) Hektor has best multiact potential, but is it enough?

Ive shot plenty of agg around, and found I prefer putting them in the dirt by taking all of thier beads or ripping off an arm more. They cant self rescue. So, youve really taken a resource instead of just some tempo.

See how it runs, it would almost be funny to run earl, Benedict, and a giovanni with this to graverob.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds