file Malkavian Royalty will make you obedient :-)

21 Jul 2011 13:45 #6582 by brandonsantacruz

You know, i kinda know your metagame, being from Croatia, and I don't quite get how do you manage these kind of decks without at least some kind of combat defense. You have relatively low count of stealth modifiers, you're bound to get into combats, even without anyone rushing you and your vampires aren't what you'd call expendable.And yes, I'm thinking No Traces here, at least 6 of them.

Mask of a Thousand Faces could help with the stealth jam problem, depending on the type of action you're taking.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jul 2011 15:02 #6585 by Pendargon
Brandon, I'm afraid i do not understand. How does Mask of thousand faces helps in this deck?

Are you suggesting that I substitute some stealth modifiers for mask, as then i can cycle it when i am stealth jammed, and if needed, play sup. version?

If so, which stealth should i take out, to add Mask of the thousand faces?

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
21 Jul 2011 15:47 - 21 Jul 2011 15:52 #6588 by brandonsantacruz

Brandon, I'm afraid i do not understand. How does Mask of thousand faces helps in this deck?

Are you suggesting that I substitute some stealth modifiers for mask, as then i can cycle it when i am stealth jammed, and if needed, play sup. version?

If so, which stealth should i take out, to add Mask of the thousand faces?

Kiddo suggested adding more stealth, so I was just thinking that if you were to do that, Mask could be something easy to cycle. Also, why no Ozzmo? AUS dom obf and +1 bleed is nothing to sneeze at! Malkavian Rider Clause could be a decent card to throw in as a single copy. Sometimes the number of votes at a table can be staggering!

EDIT: Oh, and I like Elysium: Arboretum for non-fighty camarilla vote decks.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/
Last edit: 21 Jul 2011 15:52 by brandonsantacruz.

More
21 Jul 2011 15:59 - 21 Jul 2011 16:01 #6589 by Pendargon
Hmmm... if i do add stealth, i may throw a copy or two of mask, though i do not like how you cannot use it on all actions (like "Govern down", for instance).

Ozmo is great, but didn't make the final cut. Victoria is there for her awesome synergy with Madness network and edge, Dollface for her smallness, potentially comes for free with govern, and plays Revelations. Also, if she dies, nobody weeps :) . Didi is there for her DOM, and ability to stay untapped and flick.

Maybe Ozmo should step in for dollface, but we'll see. Needs more playtesting.

Good point on the Malk raider clause! :cheer:

Not sure about Elysium here, though, and my meta is too varied to be of continuous use.

Last edit: 21 Jul 2011 16:01 by Pendargon.

More
21 Jul 2011 16:23 - 21 Jul 2011 16:24 #6590 by Kiddo

Did we manage to play a game together on the Croatian qualifier in Osijek couple of weeks ago? :)

I'm not sure, but I think we did not. Btw, I was the one playing !Tremeres with all those Hexapeds.

As for combat defense, i have obediences!

I know that usually Obediences should suffice. However, from my personal experience, against dedicated combat deck behind your back, combat can be a problem. Not so long ago, I played several versions of Tremere deck with big vampires and even had a very decent success with it (won a local small tournament even) and that deck had 10 Mirror Walks for avoiding combat 'forward', 8 Obediences for avoiding it 'backward' and, on top of that, iirc, 10 prevent/dodge type cards. And against dedicated combat it just wasn't enough because I could not for a second afford any of my vamps to end in a torpor because at that moment my deck becomes focused on surviving rather than forward pressure/table control.

However, this is just my personal view - I'm not saying that this deck won't or wouldn't work, I'm just saying that I wouldn't feel comfortable playing any deck in a competitive environment without some kind of dealing with combat in addition to Obediences. Personal preference perhaps, but i kinda prefer my decks more toolboxish...
Last edit: 21 Jul 2011 16:24 by Kiddo.

More
21 Jul 2011 16:44 #6592 by Pendargon
No, we did not, sadly :-)
Though, i can for sure say that i do not regret one bit NOT playing in that finals B)
I was playing Marconius, you'll remember, the guy with the sideburns B) .

Hey - dedicated combat is dedicated combat. It is made to ruin somebody's day. Does not necessarily mean that it will win. But if you make deck to survive such decks, you rarely do anything else (or you hit harder than them, and you do not care). You cannot win them all, sometimes it's just not your day :)

All best!
D.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds