file Malkavian Royalty will make you obedient :-)

22 Jul 2011 13:54 - 22 Jul 2011 13:56 #6650 by Karo
I think I saw almost the same deck in Hungarian ECQ this year. Deck wiped the table on which we were playing and made it to the finals!
It was slightly modified version of yours with 2-4 more obediences and instead Kine it had 3-4 Neonate Breaches and one Heart of Nitchetus. Also it took the Liliths Blessing/Villein combo so I guess it had a lot of Villeins.
Can't remember rest but it was a good deck :)

klubtitanatlas.hr/

former NC for Croatia
Last edit: 22 Jul 2011 13:56 by Karo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jul 2011 14:03 #6651 by Pendargon

I think I saw almost the same deck in Hungarian ECQ this year. Deck wiped the table on which we were playing and made it to the finals!
It was slightly modified version of yours with 2-4 more obediences and instead Kine it had 3-4 Neonate Breaches and one Heart of Nitchetus. Also it took the Liliths Blessing/Villein combo so I guess it had a lot of Villeins.
Can't remember rest but it was a good deck :)

So, it shows that i am on the right path! Neonate breach, good one! I will try to find a space for one. Also, one banishment may come to be handy.

I don't really like villeins/lilith's blessing combo in this deck. You need your blood. Dom bleed costs blood, revelations cost blood, second tradition cost blood, deflection costs blood... you do not have (imho), blood to spare to go to your pool.

If your pool is low, you can always play parity shift / govern down. Also, if madness network is in play, you can maybe claim the edge after your pray has finished his actions.
I think i will definitely add another Madness network. I also noticed that i completely forgot to put in spying missions, that has to be remedied... so many options! ;)

Next playtesting is tomorrow, will send you the league results in the usual manner B)

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karo

More
22 Jul 2011 14:04 - 22 Jul 2011 14:07 #6652 by Boris The Blade
Malkavians have access to very good chump blockers: Watenda, the Muddled,...

The Muddled is also very good at shutting down a Villein/Lilith's blessing prey.
Last edit: 22 Jul 2011 14:07 by Boris The Blade.

More
22 Jul 2011 14:28 #6655 by Pendargon
Now , see what you all did there! :laugh:

I started with what was (in my mind) a fairly straightforward deck design, which, i felt , needed a little tweaking. Then you all made so much good suggestions that i would need 100+ card deck to put them all in :laugh: :

For now (amongst better suggestions) , we have :

Muddled Vampire hunter
Neonate breach
Banishment
Heart
Malk rider clause
Far Mastery
Pappilon
Pentex
Hg
Giant's blood
Coven
Temptation of greater power
Spying mission
Magic of the smith (and along those lines i thought maybe alastor. As far as i get it, with alastor i could get Ankara on me, that would help some blood management. If not, maybe a helicopter for free multiact)

Heck, at one point, since i am low on masters, i figured that maybe i should put like 5-6 protean master disciplines and add 4-5 homunculi...?

Maybe the best thing would be to build 2 malkavian decks, and try all combinations. Who knows, i just might do that ;)

More
22 Jul 2011 19:33 - 22 Jul 2011 19:33 #6669 by Boris The Blade
Here is the one I play if that can help, but it is much more defensive than yours. I need to find room for a couple of Banishments.

Deck Name: The other Lucian
Author:
Description:

Crypt (Capacity min=3 max=10 avg=7.33; 12 cards)
===================================================

2x Gilbert Duane 7 AUS DOM OBF Malkavian:1
2x Greger Anderssen 7 dom pro AUS OBF Malkavian:2
4x Lucian 10 cel tha AUS DOM OBF Malkavian:1
1x Mariel, Lady Thunder 7 aus tha DOM OBF Malkavian:1
2x Victoria 5 cel obf AUS Malkavian:2
1x Watenda 3 obf Malkavian:2

Library (84 cards)
=====================

Master (17 cards)
1x Asylum Hunting Ground
1x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Forest of Shadows
4x Madness Network
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
1x Perfectionist
1x Powerbase: Montreal
1x Rack, The
1x Temptation of Greater Power
1x Thaumaturgy
2x Vessel
2x Wider View

Action (15 cards)
1x Blithe Acceptance
2x Far Mastery
8x Govern the Unaligned
2x Judgment: Camarilla Segregation
2x Magic of the Smith

Political Action (4 cards)
4x Parity Shift

Equipment (2 cards)
1x Bowl of Convergence
1x Heart of Nizchetus

Ally (1 cards)
1x Muddled Vampire Hunter

Action Modifier (13 cards)
4x Bonding
4x Elder Impersonation
1x Enkil Cog
4x Lost in Crowds

Reaction (32 cards)
6x Deflection
2x Eagle's Sight
4x Mental Maze
8x Obedience
12x Second Tradition: Domain

Created with Secret Library v0.9.3. (Jul 23, 2011 00:29:11)
Last edit: 22 Jul 2011 19:33 by Boris The Blade.

More
22 Jul 2011 19:59 #6671 by Pendargon
I find it very, very interesting! Thanx Boris!

I especially like the Eagle sight ad-on, i guess it ads a dimension of table-control, though it does not mash well with second traditions (as you have to be untapped to play eagle sight, since you are not Anneke). But great idea, nevertheless.

How has Forest of shadows served you? I have it, but it rarely makes the cut? You seem a little thin on the stealth part, also? Do you get blocked much?

How about Jugment: camarilla segregation? Whenever i seem to put this card in a deck, my prey is camarilla, but cross-table are sabbat :)

Why Montreal? It should be counter-intuitive with parity shift?

I am sorry for all the questions, but i am intrigued to find out first-hand experience of playing a malk deck like this, especially since you are not using Anatole.
Before this one, my only Malkavian deck was Anatole-based wall, which used AUS to defend usual stuff (Montreal, jack, rack), with some dom bleed, and disguised weapon combat (with few rotshrecks and a couple of graverobbings). Did fairly well, but i was under constant feeling that i am playing downgraded tzimitze wall (which i have played continuously for over a year). So, Malks are kinda a new territory :)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds