file Group 5/6 Toreador Aching Beauty with Zephyr

07 Dec 2020 20:25 - 07 Dec 2020 20:25 #101223 by Yomyael
That will probably be a lot of moving parts. You need Aching Beauty, Rush and combat Cards, all at the correct time. So if it works or not might be quite random.

Furthermore, to get payoff from Aching Beauty, you need to give your prey an incentive to block you. In an Enkidu Multirush Deck I used Earth Meld, Zephyr, Forced March and Freak Drive to unlock. It had less Moving Parts without Concealed +.44 and Aching Beauty, but people were always like "if I block this Enkidu might be able to unlock with Zephyr, but if he has a Freak Drive, he can unlock if I don't block". Since some of your vampires also have Fortitude, you could try mix Zephyr and Forced March/Freak Drive. Simply rushing a vampire will give not very much incentive to block, especially if it also costs pool blocking you.

Another way to reduce moving parts, would be to use Torrent and Change of Target. And then use Bleed Actions (and more importantly, Modifiers) and Political Actions to get payoff from having multiple actions possible (don't forget Freak Drive/Forced March). Blocking you twice only to run into a Change of Target hurts.

With no built in presses I wouldn't advise to try to use Molotov Cocktails.

Prince of Bonn, Germany
Last edit: 07 Dec 2020 20:25 by Yomyael.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, LivesByProxy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2020 03:22 #101225 by Boris The Blade
There is no way you can afford to pay for both guns and Aching Beauty. If you want a bruise module, make it free with either sticks or Target Vitals. Card flow is still a problem, though. The biggest risk in a multiact deck is to run out of action cards.

More
08 Dec 2020 08:19 #101226 by Lönkka

The biggest risk in a multiact deck is to run out of action cards.

Should be taken into account by having cards that give actions (like Black Forest Base) or vampires with nifty inbuilt actions.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
08 Dec 2020 08:22 #101227 by Lönkka
Zephyr is a bit difficult a card.
I find it difficult to adjust my head to a deck that plans on being unsuccessful and getting caught.

But then again, that is Aching Beauty for you... :D
I still prefer Torrent. Which also can be used when it i snot your action and you're being rushed etc

Would work better with a rush deck with no access to stealth!
Anything else?

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds