file Finnish National Championships; May 19th 2012 (Facebook!)

19 Feb 2012 13:26 - 23 Apr 2012 18:42 #23517 by Kraus

"But sire, it's so dark and cold and miserable up there! And if the North wasn't bad enough, now we have to take it to the East as well? There is nothing there, sire, nothing but an eternal night, endless dark forests and no one dares the streets as the blizzards hit!"
"Why, my child, that is all the better. Prepare for our leave. The paradise of Night awaits."

Too bad they weren't the only ones with the same idea.

The Finnish National Championships
May 19th 2012
Joensuu
3R+F
Entrance fee to be set

Web:
www.cabal-ostium.net/vtessm/

It is once again time to test our mettle: The Finnish National Championships are here again! This time the struggle takes players away from the coastal Finland to the Eastern border. Joensuu is more than happy to welcome all players, Finns and those from abroad, to find out Finland's champion.

Websites will be up in a week (or so we have been promised), and at the same time forums for FNC discussion will be opened. More information about attending will follow.

Notice that it has been taken into consideration that Joensuu is not the easiest place to reach, and for that we have planned activities for Friday as well as Saturday, when the actual tournament will be held. There are also plans for accommodation for all who have no interest in hotels or hostels, and who cannot be housed with the local players. We have prepared to accommodate players for two nights - first for people to start playing in the FNC with a fresh night's sleep, and the second for them to start their journey back home safe and rested.

More information to come. :)

Yours
Petrus M., Prince of Joensuu

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 23 Apr 2012 18:42 by Kraus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Feb 2012 18:33 #23524 by mika
Too bad Joensuu is quite a remote place :( From 'the center' of Finland (Tampere) there is still about 400km, about 6 hrs of travelling. Those living on the coast could add couple hundred kilometres more.

Would you recommend a specific hotel / hostel / accommondation in Joensuu?

:splat: :splat: :splat:

More
19 Feb 2012 18:56 #23525 by Kraus
Yeah, we know it's a long way from everywhere, but then again that's why we decided to add up the ante and offer stuff to do for more than one day for those who'd like to take a whole weekend off for gaming or such. :) For most people, now when there's still plenty of time to the FNC, it should be only a matter of time management.

I've had lots of good things to say about Vetrea, but that's 'round 20 minutes walk from the gaming place. I'm not sure if Jokela, which is just a few blocks from the gaming place, still have any rooms, but there is a Green Star hotel in the very center of town. There's also a hostel just a few blocks away, but I can't recall its name.

Most of the local players would be happy to accommodate people, and for those still left without a place to stay at we are organizing (looking for a place at the moment) some floorspace for people to sleep on from somewhere as near to the tournament facilities as possible.

More information about accommodation will be provided once the websites are up, and we will try to provide a decent list of hotels and hostels with their prices before April.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

More
19 Feb 2012 22:58 #23547 by Klaital
Hmm Joensuu, yep thats far. Can you get somewhere reasonably close with a train? I might be interested in coming if can get housing from somewhere, not sure if I could afford hotel fees, the travel costs will be big enough as it is likely.

More
20 Feb 2012 05:32 - 20 Feb 2012 05:39 #23611 by Kraus

Hmm Joensuu, yep thats far. Can you get somewhere reasonably close with a train? I might be interested in coming if can get housing from somewhere, not sure if I could afford hotel fees, the travel costs will be big enough as it is likely.

Javisst! :) As mentioned, we will do our best to provide housing with expenses integrated into the entry fees.

Trains will take you straight here, and the gaming place is ~15 minutes by foot from the station. :)

You might want to check train expenses from VR, and try to get a group of people coming by car from where you're coming. Sharing gas expenses will save you a lot of money! It's 'round three and a half hours from Helsinki, so it's definitely not the end of the world.

-Nalia De-Arnise

Last edit: 20 Feb 2012 05:39 by Kraus.

More
26 Feb 2012 13:26 - 26 Feb 2012 13:26 #24113 by Kraus
A shameless double post.

Now with WEBSITES! :)

www.cabal-ostium.net/vtessm/

We have forums!

-Nalia De-Arnise

Last edit: 26 Feb 2012 13:26 by Kraus.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds