file TWD: Swedish ECQ

28 Apr 2011 10:28 #3897 by Myrdin
Replied by Myrdin on topic Re: TWD: Swedish ECQ

3/5 decks used ashur lol

The 6th place deck was another liquidation/ashur tablets deck too :)

I would LOVE for someone in Europe to start playing a Trochomancy deck, just to screw over all these Ashur decks.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

There is another major problem with Trochomancy, it's that you need to be very, very well informed as to what cards to remove. Consider that you need to take the same descisions that the player playing Ashurs does while not knowing the composition of the deck etc.. As is I'd say Trochomancy is a sad counter to Ashur tablets at the moment.

Theorycrafting one of the more interesting counters is The Erciyes fragments and stealing ashurs to play yourself instead as a master. Also with the added benefit that you can "gift" the fragments to the correct predator =).

/Ivan

Ivan - Prince of Stockholm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2011 10:33 #3898 by Izaak
Replied by Izaak on topic Re: TWD: Swedish ECQ

There is another major problem with Trochomancy, it's that you need to be very, very well informed as to what cards to remove. Consider that you need to take the same descisions that the player playing Ashurs does while not knowing the composition of the deck etc.. As is I'd say Trochomancy is a sad counter to Ashur tablets at the moment.

Nah Trochomancy completely screws over the Ashur Liquidation tech if you're somewhat competent.

Guideline:
1) Remove all discarded / liquidated copies of Ashur Tablets.
2) Remove any card that generates pool (Golconda, Villein etc)
3) Remove whatever annoys you would it get recycled

Profit.

Another good counter is "don't let them do whatever pleases them even if it doesn't directly hurt you".

More
28 Apr 2011 10:43 #3899 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: TWD: Swedish ECQ

I would LOVE for someone in Europe to start playing a Trochomancy deck, just to screw over all these Ashur decks.

Some of us are...

Then again, I'd love to get co-operation from American players using Kindred Spirits deck to get rid of Girls deck from the table (a clear table threat if any!), as didn't happen in last year's EC with my KS predator and my grandpredator, Erik. :angry:

What DID happen was a clean runaway sweep for Erik.
No hard feelings though.
Your Prey is on the left after all, but then again, you can't oust your Prey if you get ousted first...

But congrats to Erik for the win/hat trick!

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
28 Apr 2011 11:16 #3901 by Randy
Replied by Randy on topic Re: TWD: Swedish ECQ
Hello,
here are the answers about the Arika deck and at least how I play the deck ;)

First of I play the deck kinda defencelly and seldom sweep the tables...

1. In light of that I feel between the permanent bleed on the Vampires and the 4 conditioning (also i use at least 2-3 mindrapes for bleed).

2. I have both done pool damage with Ancient Influence and gained pool with Reins of Power but that is only a bonus.

3. The deck is kinda focused, i have excluded both govern and banishment to get down to the rapeing, no pun intended. But yes a different verison with Banishment can prove to be effective, havent tryed it but prolly will cus i really like the card.

4. No, first mind rape almost always goes on my predator. But it has happend more than once that i have used that vampire to bleed during the day with mindrape och conditioning to burn them, which is pretty aggressive.

Good luck if you ever try it out :D

Prince of Lidingö

More
28 Apr 2011 11:21 #3902 by Mephistopheles
Replied by Mephistopheles on topic Re: TWD: Swedish ECQ

Hello,
here are the answers about the Arika deck and at least how I play the deck ;)

Thanks a lot!

NC for Hungary

hunfragment.blogspot.com

More
28 Apr 2011 14:37 #3909 by _angst_
Replied by _angst_ on topic Re: TWD: Swedish ECQ

What a lot of people don't realize is that it's Aksinya's special that makes the deck so insanely strong. Not the Ashur Tablets.

That's a reply that very much deserves a gold star :)
Tablets is a nice support card though :)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds