file [EC 2012] EC Day1 turn-per-turn report

29 Oct 2012 17:42 #39968 by Klaital
That looked like a really boring game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorrinal, Megabaja

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2012 17:52 #39969 by Pendargon

Why did the other finalists want to knock down Hugh's minions before he ousted the guy who was first seed?

Well, Tomasz had excellent incentive to do so...

If Hugh ousts Randall, and Tomazs ousts Tiago (and Tiago was in a bad shape), then Hugh wins by being a higher seed, as Tomazs cannot handle in such a short time full vampires, and a grinder at +6 pool.

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
29 Oct 2012 23:08 #39981 by AaronC
Why did Randall keep trying to give Erol's vampires blood with Dmitra's special?

(I'm not even sure why he would want to give Tiago's vampires blood, since he seemed to be the end of the Tiago-Hugh bounce chain.)

When the vote did pass, there was no Voter Captivation, which might explain why he would do it.

What am I missing?

More
29 Oct 2012 23:15 - 29 Oct 2012 23:19 #39982 by Boris The Blade
On turn 5, he probably needed Villon's votes against Stanislava. Later, maybe he was just playing to let the table time out (which worked). Was Tomasz close to get his VP?
Last edit: 29 Oct 2012 23:19 by Boris The Blade.

More
29 Oct 2012 23:33 #39983 by AaronC

On turn 5, he probably needed Villon's votes against Stanislava. Later, maybe he was just playing to let the table time out (which worked). Was Tomasz close to get his VP?

I understand passing around blood to crosstable allies in order to pass the vote.

In turns 10, 11, and 13 Randal set the terms for Dmitra's special vote to give blood to Erol and Tiago's vampires (only). My limited mind has problems with the idea of giving your prey's vampires blood.

You may be right that by doing so, he was trying to control the table and push it towards a timeout. If Tomasz was the player most likely to get a VP, filling up his predator and prey's vampires would tend to slow him down a lot since intercept-combat relies on wearing down its opponent's vampires. Tomasz seemed to be in a good position since he had run Tiago out of bounces, he had a standing bleed of 6, and his defenses were holding(? - not sure).

What do others think? Was Randal playing for a timeout without actually stalling?

More
30 Oct 2012 10:31 - 30 Oct 2012 10:32 #39995 by izi
Indeed Randy played for a timeout from a point in time and it was perfectly understandable. There was no stalling on his part.

Much more debatable would be Hugh giving blood to Tiago 3 times to keep him in the game as he had a better standing than me and ousting Randy would still give him the win despite my vp. Owan giving blood to my prey and predator made me actually think about getting rid of Owan, which I did later - didn't have votes to diablerize though, and couldnt sacrifice my vamp.

Even though I had the best option for a vp the table was set to help out my prey effectively nullifying the chances.

Tiago - obviously
Hugh - decided to help Tiago
Randy - playing for timeout as best standing
Erol - me getting vp would nullify his chance for a win

So any time I was close there was Hugh and Randy helping Tiago out so much that Erol didnt even have to do anything.

The only real chance was the last turn when I forced Erol to bleed for 6 on stealth which I redirected. Unfortunately for me Tiago had 1 intercept and blocked that.

Well played on Randys side and well earned victory - congratulations.

Thomas the finalist
Last edit: 30 Oct 2012 10:32 by izi. Reason: signature
The following user(s) said Thank You: Forhead, Dr.Mafrune, Xaddam, Megabaja, Randy

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds