file TWDA UK Nationals saturday 24th November

26 Nov 2012 16:55 #41761 by ICL

From time to time, I wonder if banning Parity Shift and 2nd tradition would not promote significantly better deck diversity. It's not that they are overpowered by themselves, but more that they dward to insignifiance so many other cards that it's not even funny.

I'm often in the ban camp to remove cards I see reducing deck diversity (and for other reasons), but neither of these are near the top of my list.

I think the Camarilla sect has a huge problem. While the best cards for the Cam clans, e.g. Ventrue Headquarters, and the best cards for the sect (many of which are Prince/Justicar) are far above the curve, there's an amazing dearth of clan cards and things to do that don't involve P/J.

The number of Cam allies is crazy low from a thematic standpoint compared to what other sects, especially certain clans in other sects, have. Then, why aren't there more "Requires a Camarilla vampire." cards? Or, to avoid simply pumping up the already strong, "Requires a nontitled Camarilla vampire."

Taking out decks that use P/J/IC, Camarilla variety seems largely based off of a vast number of crypt options. It would be interesting to see what happens when going to build Camarillaish decks with no P/J/IC.

I think a lot of flaws reveal themselves. Note how Gangrel win far less these days - they lost Dominate, Serpentis, and P/J/IC over time. Which of those is the greatest loss? We had a V:TES demo Friday night with intentionally untuned, mono-clan decks. I played Toreador and all of my cards were good - first action bleed for 6, Majesty, bounce. Someone else played Nosferatu and really had nothing to do - spent most of the game hunting as bleed for one didn't seem all that. In other words, clans with weaker disciplines and clan cards that you don't build around are desperate for crutches like the P/J crutch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Lech

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Nov 2012 23:13 #41798 by lamagam
Hi guys, here is the classical and nasty Ventrue Lawfirm...

Name: Useless but confidence

Crypt [12 vampires, average capacity: 7.33333]
1x Arika
2x Democritus
3x Emerson Bridges
2x Sir Walter Nash
2x Timothy Crowley
1x Ranjan Rishi, Camarilla Scholar
1x Violette Prentiss

Library [76 cards]

Master [16]
2x Direct Intervention
2x Golconda: inner peace
1x Giant's Blood
1x Hostile Takeover
1x Lilith's Blessing
1x Monastery of Shadows
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
1x Temptation of Greater Power
1x Ventrue Headquarters
4x Villein
1x Wider View

Action [10]
1x Entrancement
9x Govern the Unaligned

Action Modifier [17]
3x Conditioning
1x Daring the Dawn
6x Freak Drive
1x Kiss of Ra, The
3x Seduction
3x Voter Captivation

Political Action [13]
1x Anarchist Uprising
1x Ancilla Empowerment
2x Conservative Agitation
5x Kine Resources Contested
3x Parity Shift
1x Ventrue Justicar

Reaction [11]
6x Deflection
3x Second Tradition: Domain
2x On the Qui Vive

Combat [9]
9x Majesty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds