file Dissolution - Qualifier Blacktown NSW Australia

26 Feb 2013 08:06 #45532 by Juggernaut1981
Dragged some old blood out of torpor mostly.
Julian Gatt, James Floate and Stephen Cowie don't always travel to Sydney and both Julian and Floatey played the game a lot years ago but either left before the "Second Torpor" or close enough to the "Second Torpor".

Ironically, my locals were scattered due to all sorts of RL events. Trips away, deaths in the family, inability to use a calendar in their phones, me not nagging them like I was their wife/gf...

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2013 13:27 #45566 by steveharris

Congrats Aussies on getting a 10+ player tournament. Have you brought in some new blood?

10-12 player tournaments are about our average size tournaments. The good ones are when we have 20+

Our biggest limiting factor is large distances between play groups (major cities) and a limited number of carriers for domestic flights. The cost of flights plus accommodation means that most tournaments end up mostly being local players only.

That said, our Continental Championships had about 25 players last year, which was the best turnout since WW/CCP ended production of the game.

Andrew has done a great job promoting the game in his domain. It was just unfortunate that most of his regular players couldn't be there last weekend.

Congratulations to Andrew for running an excellent tournament!

Steve Harris
NC Australia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds