file TWD: The Garou Rim Monthly II: Next Best Buddy; Joensuu 20.4.2013

23 Apr 2013 07:54 #47435 by Kraus

Actually the tournament is probably misnamed in this thread as wella s the Event calendar.

At least according to my calculations it is not "The Garou Rim Monthly II" but "The Garou Rim Monthly III".

Event announcements confirm this:
vekn.net/index.php/forum/25-europe/44115-the-garou-rim-monthly-spring-tournaments-for-2013-in-joensuu

Oh yeah, I forgot to update that thread.

The Garou Rim Monthly II/III/?: Next Best Buddy
vekn.net/index.php/event-calendar/event/7025

The Garou Rim Monthly II: Black Spiral Base
(Peetu, this event is still not reported or uploaded!)
vekn.net/index.php/event-calendar/event/7024

The Garou Rim Monthly I: The Dabbler
vekn.net/index.php/event-calendar/event/7023

We didn't have the #2, 'cause we had too few people. Obvisouly this one should've been #2 instead of #3. I renamed them in the Event Calendar, but obviously I can't remove those that didn't happen.

I can't just ignore an event that didn't occur? Obviously I can't upload an archon saying the event was canceled.

How do you want me to handle these situations in the future? Canceled events I mean.

Also, I thought it was intuitive to rename the tournaments so that the numbers of occured tournaments wouldn't be so confusing. Like, there was tournie #1, and tournie #3; what happened to #2?

The name of the event in the calendar and in archon match.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Apr 2013 12:48 #47459 by Lönkka

We didn't have the #2, 'cause we had too few people. Obvisouly this one should've been #2 instead of #3. I renamed them in the Event Calendar, but obviously I can't remove those that didn't happen.

Ah, this explains it all.
I was just wondering why on earth you hadn't reported it.

Perhaps the event reporting system should have a possibility of submitting "No Event" too to avoid these confusing problems?

Now it kinda makes sense to have this April torunaemnt named as Garou Rim Monthly II. Although it is also kinda confuising to use the same number for two events. When I had a Justicar Retribution -tournament here in Helsinki with too few players to make it a "proper" sized event (10+) I still used the consequent number for the next tournament.

How do you want me to handle these situations in the future? Canceled events I mean.

Finnish Princes should drop me a line so I don't wonder where the TWD mail/Archon upload is.

Also posting to the event's announcement thread should work.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds