lightbulb TWD – 1st Tragic Love Affair

30 Jul 2018 15:00 - 30 Jul 2018 15:00 #89458 by Ankha

Dura lex, sed lex.

For the clarity, I'd like to know what the lex here is, precisely. An uncaught illegal deck invalidates the tournament - does this only happen if they play in the finals? Does it matter how illegal the deck is - say there's a vampire of illegal grouping in a crypt, or the Anthelios in a library - would the lex hold the same?

What would be the correct thing to do when something like this happens - DQ during the final, I guess? And in case the game has only just started, maybe restart the final?

I still would like an answer to my post. Are there some guidelines or rules on this kind of thing somewhere? It would be good to know what is the basis for a decision such as the unsanctioning of this tournament - transparency is a good thing and builds trust in the people responsible for making such decisions.

Also, it would be interesting and potentially important to know the correct procedure, had the situation been spotted in the finals, for avoiding getting the whole event unsanctioned.

There are some guidelines in the "Judges' Guide" section: www.vekn.net/judges-guide

In the case of this tournament, more than one player were using cards that were not already allowed. If it was not possible to fix the player's deck but still play the tournament, then the solution is to make it unsanctioned.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 30 Jul 2018 15:00 by Ankha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jul 2018 16:03 - 30 Jul 2018 16:04 #89461 by Bloodartist

There are some guidelines in the "Judges' Guide" section: www.vekn.net/judges-guide

In the case of this tournament, more than one player were using cards that were not already allowed. If it was not possible to fix the player's deck but still play the tournament, then the solution is to make it unsanctioned.

In all other games that I know, only the player(s) with the illegal deck is disqualified. It seems strange to unsanction an entire tournament and thus spoil it for all the players who had nothing to do with the matter.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 30 Jul 2018 16:04 by Bloodartist.

More
30 Jul 2018 16:26 #89462 by kschaefer

In all other games that I know, only the player(s) with the illegal deck is disqualified. It seems strange to unsanction an entire tournament and thus spoil it for all the players who had nothing to do with the matter.

The time to do that was before the finals began (or even once it was known during the finals). At the point Ankha sees the results, the best decision is to make it unsanctioned.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ankha

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds