lightbulb TWD – 1st Tragic Love Affair

27 May 2018 18:01 #87568 by Lönkka

Correct, this tournament can't be rated.

Yup.
So I'm not approving the Archon but deleting it instead.

No fun :(

Finnish :POT: Politics!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
28 May 2018 08:29 #87588 by Beatrice
Is this really the thing to do? When there is a problem with a player's deck, even if it is uncaught all the way to the finals, should the repercussions of this hit everyone in the tournament - and most of all the winner, who is denied the TWDA entry?

More
28 May 2018 09:58 #87590 by Ankha
Dura lex, sed lex.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
28 May 2018 10:04 - 28 May 2018 10:18 #87591 by PetriWessman
I imagined it was obvious to everyone there that the tournament was not an official one (because I saw those new cards in one player's deck during the break between turns), but apparently not; I should have noted the issue out loud I guess. :(

There was apparently some discussion about this pre-game, but I missed it. Maybe it was before I arrived (?)
Last edit: 28 May 2018 10:18 by PetriWessman.

More
28 May 2018 10:25 #87592 by Beatrice

Dura lex, sed lex.

For the clarity, I'd like to know what the lex here is, precisely. An uncaught illegal deck invalidates the tournament - does this only happen if they play in the finals?(*) Does it matter how illegal the deck is - say there's a vampire of illegal grouping in a crypt, or the Anthelios in a library - would the lex hold the same?

What would be the correct thing to do when something like this happens - DQ during the final, I guess? And in case the game has only just started, maybe restart the final?

(*) And the results get discussed in the forums with enough detail so that the error gets spotted by someone, I'm tempted to add :)

More
28 May 2018 10:43 #87594 by Kraus
I had a wee chat with Jani about this actually, and he said that the new cards got green light from the organizer, who apparently just didn't catch that legalization date.

They will know better though, obviously, but just stating that before they chime in. :)

Too bad, really, but mistakes happen. Make Xipe Totec happen again, asap!

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds