heart TWD: Atlantic Cup 2021

07 Jun 2021 15:47 - 07 Jun 2021 16:23 #102408 by lip
TWD: Atlantic Cup 2021 was created by lip
Bram Van Stappen wins the Atlantic Cup, congratulations!

Check the finals video with live comments  from Chris and I.

Big thanks to the amazing judges who spared no effort to get things to run smoothly, to all the promoters all over the world who advertised the event, to the streamers who made it so hype and dynamic and, last but not least, to all the players, who were awesome and showed great sportsmanship!

Winning Deck list

Deck Name: ——____—— aka The Hoody Gang #3
Author: Bram Van Stappen
Description: Again big thanks to all. I tend to build several version of decks I enjoy playing, so here is another of my Matasuntha decks. The deck is super slow so not a very wise decision in a 100+ people tourney, especially without Smiling Jack, Anarch Revolt, etc. The worst part is you rely on the table collapsing and taking what is left. The good part is you have decent defense, in terms of intercept and even combat. Ashur Tablets to retrieve cards, combat when you face hard hitters or wakes & intercept on a stealthy table.  8 Eagle's Sight should provide you some control of the table.

Crypt (12 cards, min=4 max=36 avg=4.92)
1x Alcoan            7  for AUS CEL NEC          Harbinger of Skulls:6
5x Anarch Convert    1                           Caitiff:ANY
1x Guggenheim        6  AUS CEL PRE              Toreador antitribu:5
1x Khurshid          8  AUS FOR NEC POT          Harbinger of Skulls:6
2x Matasuntha       10  ANI AUS CEL FOR PRO      Gangrel:5
1x Nuriel            8  cel dom AUS FOR VAL      Salubri antitribu:6
1x Titi Camara       5  pot AUS CEL              Osebo:5

Library (90 cards)
Master (22)
9x Ashur Tablets
1x Direct Intervention
1x Erciyes Fragments, The
1x Giant's Blood
1x Maabara
2x Parthenon, The
1x Powerbase: Montreal
1x Rack, The
5x Villein

Equipment (7)
5x .44 Magnum
1x Bowl of Convergence
1x Sport Bike

Retainer (1)
1x Mr. Winthrop

Reaction (39)
8x Eagle's Sight
1x Enhanced Senses
8x Eyes of Argus
3x Forced Awakening
2x Guardian Vigil
3x My Enemy's Enemy
5x On the Qui Vive
3x Quicken Sight
6x Telepathic Misdirection

Combat (20)
2x Aura Reading
5x Concealed Weapon
8x Diversion
5x Taste of Vitae

Event (1)
1x Dragonbound
Last edit: 07 Jun 2021 16:23 by lip.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joscha, Rémi, beslin igor, MacReady

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2021 16:27 - 07 Jun 2021 16:33 #102409 by gotcha
Replied by gotcha on topic TWD: Atlantic Cup 2021
and some short notes on how lucky i was 
ROUND 1:The key in round 1 was seating (read LUCK); with turbo legionnaires in front almost killing an oldskool ventrue deck; the kind that plays ancilla and doesn’t hesitate to backoust in order to live and try to recover. For me a free vp and a new very weakened prey. 2 fast vp’s, leaving me on a 3-player game, the kind of situation in which my deck shines. Result GW5
ROUND 2: a goratrix celerity deck in front gave me like no chance on an oust.  Tooled up with 2 maneuvers and ivory bow i had only one chance;my grandprey, a hardcore Elimelech stealth bleed making 2 vp’s like it was nothing, in my back and some succesful deflects. I tried some actions, well knowing they would prob end up with vamps in torpor, but cycling some wakes of preyand cycling myself for 1 specific card.
I was left with only guggenheim on 2 blood; mata and khursid in torpor and a single pool - ). 
Elimelech was taken down by goratrix after a bounce from me so it looked like game over.
I had a one in a gazillion chance of even just staying alive. I tried to cycle cards as i knew my only chance would be to draw a giants blood, play it on elimelech, rescue my preds hardcore bleed machine and hope he would agree on bleeding me hard. So it occured, bleed for plenty, wake cept, bounce. goratrix ended up dying with only 2 cept on a 3 stealth bleed.It came out of nowhere. That left me with Guggenheim on 1 blood and 7 pool (about 1 elimelech bleed from eternity). I hunted so i could rescue a vampire turn after; blocked elimelechs bleed with a “quicken sight’ which gave me a maneuver so i didnt spend any blood. Rescue mata, block next bleed, hit hard, prevent, taste … concede. An unlikely GW3
ROUND 3: basically a table i could handle, no decks were a real threat; the only one being slow play (some to technical difficulties). Nakhtorheb in back but it wasn’t the hardcore bleed type, rather toolboxy with mummies so that was pretty ok for me. Prey Hugo had some good timing killing his prey with the malk deck and even with only 2 minions of 5 left he managed to oust 2 more, both all ready low on pool. With dragonbound in play i could’ve easily taken him down for 2 vp but time hit. I didn’t have the cool in this game, nor the insight to turn it my way. 

FINAL: Well, u saw that i guess? - )
2 small things you couldn’t see
:1 I took back aura reading (from ashur) in a perfect hand with direct intervention (for like 8 turns), 2 eagle sight, otqv, forced awakening. bounce. The reason i did, and not play itin the first block was that i wanted to cycle my hand later, after having to use eagle sight(s) to draw another one quickly. 
2 In the end i tried to block the bleed of 5 with Titi, because i was scared to wake nuriel, use Erciyes (for deflect) and run into a touch of clarity - /// So i tried to block with Titi and cycled into a telepathic misdirection, leaving me perfectly safe (unless he had both Touch of Calrity AND Hide the Mind) with another wake and 2 bounce. 
One special note: i think the finals were played very nice by everyone; taking the time to think but not wasting any and with great sportsmanship. That way it turned out to be a fun game to play and to watch (from what i read in comments). For me that tells me everyone in final was very skilled, knew their deck by heart and how to play it the best. I am proud i could play versus such great players and even have the luck on my side to even beat them.  Thanks Fernando, Kleber, Hugo and Luis. I sincerely hope we’ll have more games together in the future, no matter the outcome. It was a pleasure. 
Last edit: 07 Jun 2021 16:33 by gotcha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: D-dennis, Joscha, Khaan, ResurrectioN, self biased, Alex O, Rémi, beslin igor, Khormag, kschaefer, MacReady

More
08 Jun 2021 04:26 #102413 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic TWD: Atlantic Cup 2021
Congrats on the win and thanks for a great report, mate!

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MacReady

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
08 Jun 2021 11:37 #102418 by Rémi
Replied by Rémi on topic TWD: Atlantic Cup 2021
Congratulations for both players, Organization and winner :)

Any chances to see more decklists from that huge event?
I know that would be a lot of work. Maybe the top 20 or, even better, every decklist that has leaded to any Game Win for example?

Regrads,
Rémi.

I am Rémi Cavaillé (), Barcelona (SPAIN). I was the Prince of Lyon (France) a long time ago around 2003

Enjoy Vampire: Rivals games and many other gaming activities in Barcelona (Spain) with Association Khan Jugar:
sites.google.com/view/khanjugar/

More
08 Jun 2021 13:15 - 08 Jun 2021 13:15 #102422 by lip
Replied by lip on topic TWD: Atlantic Cup 2021
Sadly I stated in the tournaments rules that the deck lists will be kept private and only made available to the head judges.

Hence, I cannot release them this time. I leave it to the players to release them individually if they choose to!
Last edit: 08 Jun 2021 13:15 by lip.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex O, Rémi

More
09 Jun 2021 08:48 #102437 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic TWD: Atlantic Cup 2021

Sadly I stated in the tournaments rules that the deck lists will be kept private and only made available to the head judges.

Hence, I cannot release them this time. I leave it to the players to release them individually if they choose to!

Why on earth!?

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rémi

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds