heart TWD: Atlantic Cup 2021

09 Jun 2021 16:40 - 09 Jun 2021 16:40 #102443 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic TWD: Atlantic Cup 2021
Question for Bram :
With the addition of Vivienne Géroux to the kickstarter, I tried to find a usefullness to that ally.

The best one I could think of was your deck which can play it (with great benefit because it can play most of your cards), protect it (because well WALL !) and would have from it a steady bleeder for cheap in a deck with a kind of weak ousting power.

Did you test it ? If not : why not ? if yes : what did you think of it ?
Last edit: 09 Jun 2021 16:40 by Timo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jun 2021 18:49 - 10 Jun 2021 18:55 #102453 by Kilrauko
Replied by Kilrauko on topic TWD: Atlantic Cup 2021

Sadly I stated in the tournaments rules that the deck lists will be kept private and only made available to the head judges.

Hence, I cannot release them this time. I leave it to the players to release them individually if they choose to!

Out of curiosity, how this relates to Tournament rules 1.6  
1.6. Publishing Event InformationWhite Wolf, Inc. reserves the right to publish event information such as the contents of any player's deck as well as transcripts or video reproductions of any sanctioned tournament. The tournament organizer is also permitted to publish event information.
provided it's been previously understood, at least by me, that IP owners along with event organizers reserve right to publish event information as they please? If the tournament is sanctioned (as it claims in the event info) can the event organizers cherry pick what pieces of the tournament rules they wish to follow and what not and receive same treatment and inclusion? Can this be done without the cherry picking done visible on the related V:EKN forum announcement as I cannot find this "private deck list" part there, nor on the linked registration page? Is this some one off case or are these retroactive additions that were not previously mentioned, how that relates to 1.6?
Or is it just a simple case of misunderstanding what is considered public tournament information?

Mind you this is not some call that "Everything published nao!" but instead I'm pointing the flaw in claiming organizer cannot release them. They can, they just choose not to due to most likely stated reasons above. Nothing in ze rules prevent them. Every VTES player should know the difference between the two.

I applaud the effort the officials have done to achieve the tournament and host it and this is in no way a critique towards them as a person(s) or towards the event itself. I feel we should as a community continue to incentivize event organizers to spend the hours to create enjoyment for everyone and I hope this does not take away from that. It is meant as a curiosity question, especially when the Tournament rules still references White Wolf, Inc. Someone might wish to use tournament rules 1.7 to alter the rules, and we should pray that they do not alter them further...

Trust in Jan Pieterzoon.
Last edit: 10 Jun 2021 18:55 by Kilrauko. Reason: Edited in tournament rules 1.6 for posterity, in case it gets altered due to this post.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Vlad

More
10 Jun 2021 21:48 #102454 by lip
Replied by lip on topic TWD: Atlantic Cup 2021
The point was not on the event registration page but was communicated to the players who registered in these terms:

Please send your deck list in txt format to […] before June 5th at 00:00 UTC. Those deck lists won't be shared and will only be used by the Head Judge for reference in case of issues with a deck content.

I understand that the rules would have allowed me to decide to make the decklists public after the tournament but I think warning the players beforehand would be courteous in any case, as this is not common practice.

As I have in this occurrence stated I would not share them, I will not. This is more about integrity than it is about rules.

I also used this specific section in a sense, since this is the first major tournament (to my knowledge) where preliminary rounds games were streamed live. I am in favor of more dynamic and open events as this produces, I think, a more engaging event.

I am in favor of disclosing deck lists, but I think at first it might be best to have a system where the players can opt out of this disclosure if they choose to.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TryDeflectingThisGrapple, Khormag, Kilrauko

More
11 Jun 2021 10:23 #102456 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic TWD: Atlantic Cup 2021
Hmmm, if the rules used in the tournament conflict with The Official Tournament Rules TM, then I'd say that the tournament wasn't actually regular Standard Constructed but the format was instead Limited or Unsanctioned.

IMO the tournament organizer just can't just pick and choose which parts of the tournament rules they want to use. So in this case the tournament would either need to be changed to Limited or Unsanctioned OR the players need to be informed that also the tournament rule 1.6. will be retroactively imposed.

Sucks, but what can you do?

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ezra

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
11 Jun 2021 12:49 #102458 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic TWD: Atlantic Cup 2021
I think dog ate the files, Lonkka, sorry.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
11 Jun 2021 15:08 #102461 by self biased
Replied by self biased on topic TWD: Atlantic Cup 2021
Y'all.

Reading comprehension is key.

White Wolf, Inc. reserves the right to publish event information such as the contents of any player's deck as well as transcripts or video reproductions of any sanctioned tournament. The tournament organizer is also permitted to publish event information.

so uh, Who's going to email White Wolf to demand that the decklists for the tournament get released? looking aside that silliness, where in this statement does it say that publishing event information is mandatory? By the letter, it looks like it's up to the parent company and the tournament organizer. This really is a tempest in a tea pot.

Maybe Ben should ban more cards to distract from this
OUTRAGEOUS AND HORRIFYING SCANDAL.

V:tes players will complain about anything.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joscha, ruiza97, beslin igor, lip

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds