file Report & TWD Belarusian National Vtes Сhampionship Augest 28nd 2011

01 Sep 2011 23:23 #9493 by Haze
i get the impression that Una only wins if she uses the 11+ rush actions to torporize the entire table? combat is pretty interactive! and there's no 100% guaranteed combat winning strategy.

Turbo Arika/Lucita/Baron are much more 'solitaire' than this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Sep 2011 06:33 #9636 by Ira

First: Congratulations to the win!

Then, IMHO: This is possibly the most boring deck archetype ever to plague Vtes. I have no idea what the designer thought of when Una was created.

And as for playing it: why not just play solitaire, if you don´t want to interact with other players? "Oh, no one has a DI on hand? OK, then I just won the game. Nice of you others to drop by. Have a nice day!"

I recommend playing this deck to understand why it's interesting and not solitaire. Yes, there are some games you'll win, but it generates a huge amount of table hate, and many things can go wrong.

In a game I suspect I'll remember forever, I was playing Euro Brujah and my prey was an Una deck. I was about to torpor Una with the 3rd or 4th 2nd tradition of the turn, when my grandpredator DI'd *my* 2nd Tradition. Una proceeded to hunt back up to full health, torpored her prey's minions (and mine), got 1 VP, and was done. My grandpredator won, without a predator to hassle him.

Una definitely is far from "auto-win unless there is a DI or Pentex."

Ira

More
12 Sep 2011 08:42 - 12 Sep 2011 08:48 #9986 by Exposer
I saw final. It was a beautiful and presize game of Andrew Kashpar. The deck itself is not so broken. Medium intercept nearby, or heavy combat module deck, or even DirectI with DarkI and Pentex from anywhere do mass problems to it.
Only 0.5 VP after 2 rounds.
Imbueds with Determines, Unmasking and Second Sight will burst out laughing at Una's face.

NC Belarus
Last edit: 12 Sep 2011 08:48 by Exposer.

More
13 Sep 2011 01:14 #10055 by KevinM

Imbueds with Determines, Unmasking and Second Sight will burst out laughing at Una's face.

Determine does nothing, as the deck has either zero or very few duplicate actions. And I'm not sure how intercepting Una helps you, either...

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
13 Sep 2011 04:29 #10060 by Exposer
It is enough to deprive Una's opportunity to torporize vampires. That's all. In this case crutial actions are: Ivory Bow, Sengir Dagger, Mantle of the Bestial Majesty. So, let's block two actions and DI third one.

NC Belarus

More
13 Sep 2011 04:59 #10062 by Pascal Bertrand
That's why Una's better with the Sargon Fragment

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds