file Quietus combat card for sword combat

29 Dec 2011 14:44 #19506 by Raznuts
So this is my first post, so dont throw stakes at me :unsure:

Card name: ?
Combat card
Cost /
:qui: Maneuver

:QUI: This vampire burns one Blood to strike with a weapon as a hands strike. This strike can not be prevented.

I wanted to make a :qui: card that will help put that discipline to higher tier, to make :qui: combat stronger and more available. And i wanted to make melee weapon combat more playable.

So, i hope ppl will comment it and maybe even make it happen :)

Gerrard
:bruj: :pot: :cel: :PRO:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Dec 2011 15:03 #19508 by Killjoy71
My first thought were:

Wjy would i use a normal weapon to strike as a hand strike!!!

Then I went looking for something that is similar:
Silence of Death
Type: Combat
Requires: Quietus
Cost: 1 blood
Only usable before range is determined.
[qui] This vampire gets first strike with hand and melee-weapon strikes this round.
[QUI] As above, with an optional maneuver.

I do not know if there is a need to create such a card for assamites, but then again i am just testing the assamites out myself these days...

VTES is not for the faint of heart...especially when you don't have a enough blood.

Prince Of Geneva

More
29 Dec 2011 15:13 - 29 Dec 2011 15:25 #19511 by Lech
Weak and useless. :qui: don't need maneuvers, and hosing immoral grapple, while nice, shouldn't be dealt with by creating :qui: card that just give unpreventable damage.

:qui: already have maneuvers, and even setting range effect. It have problem dealing with guys who go to long, but first it have tod, second this card don't help in this case either.

IG hose melee combat hard (it should have build-in cancel clause to be balanced, and melee weapons should hose it from rl pov and game balance pov), but at least create a card that is useful outside WWS-this card-BBT. Also, it should specify MELEE weapon, not every weapon, unless you want to buff ivory bow and .44 even further.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
Last edit: 29 Dec 2011 15:25 by Lech.

More
29 Dec 2011 15:14 #19512 by Ohlmann

Wjy would i use a normal weapon to strike as a hand strike!!!

The real reason is to allow use of weapon under Immortal Grapple and use Nizzam special to do aggravated damage with a weapon.

I believe the card does not address the real problems of melee weapons. They would still be too costly, too easy to disable, and this card is very narrow. The goal is laudable, but I think this does not do enough.

More
29 Dec 2011 15:50 - 29 Dec 2011 15:54 #19516 by Adonai

So this is my first post,

Welcome!

Did you compare your proposal to any of the Quietus cards proposed on the Path of Blood forums?
thepathofblood.com/forums/index.php

This strike can not be prevented.

Do you mean "the damage from this strike cannot be prevented" or did you mean "this strike cannot be cancelled or restricted"?
Last edit: 29 Dec 2011 15:54 by Adonai.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raznuts

More
30 Dec 2011 01:20 - 30 Dec 2011 01:38 #19544 by Raznuts
First, Thanks!

Now for the card, sorry, it should be a melee weapon, and "damage from this strike is not preventable"

No, i did not know that forum, thanks again.

And for the other criticism, well, there are a lot of cards that really does not make the whole discipline better by just adding that one card. And this one would not make :QUI: soo much powerfull, just make a new posibility to play with :QUI: combat.

But i am not that good with :QUI: combat, i tested it just few times, so if you guys thinks that this card have no value what so ever then post some ideas how to make it worthy of attention, do not just tell me that its useless.

And for that melee weapons are costly comment: There are 3 melee weapons that are not costly and are very usefull, The Axe, The Ww Button and the WWS, all those three are very playable and cost you nothing,

And again, thanks for comments!

Gerrard
:bruj: :pot: :cel: :PRO:
Last edit: 30 Dec 2011 01:38 by Raznuts.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds