file Quietus combat card for sword combat

30 Dec 2011 06:42 - 30 Dec 2011 06:43 #19562 by Ohlmann

And this one would not make :QUI: soo much powerfull, just make a new posibility to play with :QUI: combat.

I was simply stating the bitter truth : this card does not open possibility and is just not so far from being useless. You may not like criticism, but it does not mean that the card will be any better.

But i am not that good with :QUI: combat, i tested it just few times, so if you guys thinks that this card have no value what so ever then post some ideas how to make it worthy of attention, do not just tell me that its useless.

I think the idea should be scrapped and rethought from the beginning. Melee weapon have three problems : they are not powerful enough for their cost, they are too sensible to counter card like maneuver, Immortal Grapple or combat end ; and they are too easy to destroy. This card counter *one* problem, it's *way* too weak and situational.

I don't believe you can expand the idea here enough for the card to be broad enough to be playable without ending with some ridiculous amount of text.

And for that melee weapons are costly comment: There are 3 melee weapons that are not costly and are very usefull, The Axe, The Ww Button and the WWS, all those three are very playable and cost you nothing,

They are too costly for their effect by a long mile, except the weighted walk stick. A melee weapon alway cost you at least one action to equip it, and by itself it's not a trivial cost.

Sorry not to have go back to basic, but when I say cost, I does not talk only about pool cost, but also cardflow (i.e. how likely it is to jam your hand), action cost, and the printed cost. When I use an action to just put a +1 damage card into play, I sure hope it does not break not be disabled too easily. Melee weapon don't have this chance.
Last edit: 30 Dec 2011 06:43 by Ohlmann.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Dec 2011 15:16 #19597 by Lech
There is serious problem with equipping with melee weapon, and while those two melee weapons are sensible, in :qui: deck they require some sort of multiacting or good blocking or disguised weapons to play (and if you waste your slots on disguised weapons, you can play better weapons like ivory bow or .44 instead, way more effective).

To make melee weapons playable for :qui: players (for assamites to be fair) you need several cards.

:obf: combat card that can be played before range is determined and is put on vampire who played it. Can be burned before range is determined to equip with a free(or cheap - to prevent ivory bow and .44 combo with it) weapon/armor(maybe electronic equipment too, imagine entering combat, equipping with camera phone, torp a minion and untap with monster or dabbler and bleed for 2 ... or bleed with loss?). It's important that it can be cycled with ease (can be limited to one per vampire).

Non-unique melee weapon that is worth playing for vampires, may cost blood - maybe not - maybe cost pool for weenies?, and do what the axe do, cancel grapple card so melee combat isn't hosed by it (canceling may require discarding combat card, but still).

:qui: card that make damage from melee weapons aggravated and don't burn melee weapon afterward.

:cel: card that at inferior give maneuver to close or press to continue and at superior continue combat like telepatic tracking (may cost blood if opposing minion is older) (i posted one).

Combination of those 4 cards would make melee combat for :qui: user viable.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
30 Dec 2011 17:20 #19620 by Ohlmann

Combination of those 4 cards would make melee combat for :qui: user viable.

If you're lucky enough to draw the good amount of each of the part, that is.

More
30 Dec 2011 17:41 #19621 by Lech
You don't need to draw good amount of all of those. You can actually play few of those :obf: cards and few weapons/armors/elequip and made it work - you can play it and forget. That :qui: card that make agg damage works without weapon, too. And that :cel: that beat s:ce is always nice, isn't it ?

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds