file Card Idea: In Silence We Kill

21 Apr 2011 08:31 #3629 by Mephistopheles
Yes, but you should have read all of the topic. I was referring that my suggested card shouldn't have to burn a blood. The blood cost for the other cards I just noted, never argued that they should cost less.

Please take a look at all the Assamite decks that won a combat: they are all stealth bleed or stealth vote. Maybe a cel/gun black hand won once or so.

NC for Hungary

hunfragment.blogspot.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Apr 2011 09:31 - 21 Apr 2011 09:35 #3630 by Ankha
It is a good card as it it, it would probably be better to swap inf and sup.
Adding a cost of 1 blood is not necessary, since the card does nothing by itself except giving a maneuver (same as IG providing a press at superior).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 21 Apr 2011 09:35 by Ankha.

More
21 Apr 2011 09:52 #3631 by Juggernaut1981
The other major "nerf defensive combat" cards cost. Immortal Grapple has the hidden cost of forcing you to take the opposing minions handstrike.

Compare the card above to the following cards, I think you will see that the version presented above isn't out of comparison with these cards already printed.

Charismatic Aura
Type: Combat
Requires: Auspex & Presence
[aus]
 Burn 1 blood to cancel the opposing minion's strike card or grapple card as it is played (no cost is paid). A vampire may play only one Charismatic Aura at inferior each round.
[AUS]
 Strike: combat ends.

Death Seeker
Requires: Salubri antitribu
Cost: 1 blood
Cancel a combat card played by the opposing minion as it is played (no cost is paid). A vampire can play only one Death Seeker each round.

Disengage
Do not replace until after combat.
Press, only usable to end combat. Alternatively, burn 1 blood to cancel a grapple card (such as Immortal Grapple or Mighty Grapple) as it is played (no cost is paid for that card).

Groundfighting
Requires: anarch
Requires a ready anarch. Do not replace until after combat.
Maneuver or press or burn 1 blood to cancel a combat card played by the opposing minion that would restrict this anarch's choice of strikes this round as it is played.

Rigor Mortis
Requires: Thanatosis/Presence
Cost: 1 blood
Only usable before range is determined. A minion can play only one Rigor Mortis each round.
 The opposing minion cannot use any additional strikes this round.
[thn] As
 above, with an optional press.
[THN] As [thn] above, and once each round this combat, you may cancel a maneuver used by the opposing minion.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
21 Apr 2011 16:28 #3641 by Ankha
Cancelling "when played" is stronger than preventing the use.
The closest card is Rigor Mortis which provides a maneuver and press, and requires only the inferior level of the discipline to prevent the use of additional. Besides, it's a bad card :)

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
21 Apr 2011 20:51 #3649 by Juggernaut1981
If you notice, plenty of those other cards involve cancelling SOME cards (particularly Grapples & strikes). This card provides a maneuver (usually a step to countering a grapple or using a grapple but not guaranteed) and it allows you to burn 1 blood to cancel one type of strike at basic (S:D) and another at superios (S:CE).

S:D generally is a lesser effect than S:CE, since the two most common S:CE provide an untap (Majesty) or continue the action (Form of Mist/Mirror Image).

So, I think it's very comparable to the cards above and at least as functional as Charismatic Aura or MORE usable.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
22 Apr 2011 12:22 #3677 by Shockwave
The maneuver, and the combined versatility it provides is the problem, to my eyes.

Immortal Grapple provides a lot of opportunity cost. Being at short, it restricts your choice of strike too (unlike this) and taking their Hand Strike, which might hurt more. This paired with Acrobatics (or heaven forbid, Shadow Strike, or using the maneuver to go to long to Taste of Death!) would be quite probably terrifying.

I like the idea of QUI having some form of S:CE preventation, but as the intial wording stands, you'd drop 10 even in a stealth bleed deck just to prevent other people using Majesty for the untap. QUI having restriction cards is fine, because each one is powerful in it's own way (Silence of Death, for example) but this would otherwise provide too many options in one of them.

:AUS: :FOR: :VAL: Here we go again....
Dave Knowles (Advanced)
Sabbat Bishop of Manchester

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds