file Submission - Breath of the Basilisk (SER/for combat card)

09 Oct 2012 09:15 #38688 by Ohlmann

No, but Breath of Thanatos is 1 agg at close range — 2R agg would destroy animalism combat... as to whether that's bad or not, that's another conversation.

There exactly 6 vampires that can play that out of the box, all cap 7+. And the card is not worse than the very common 2R agg for 1 blood, available with different level of efficiency in vissicitude, thaumaturgy, quietus, and daimonion.

I don't think it will unbalance anything by being 2 aggravated damage. FoS still have nothing to protect against S:CE, and while it's harder to protect against than aggro poke, it's still easy to foil with several method, one of which being animalism combat. Because your FoS won't like to take 3 damage and pay 1 blood when you pay 3 blood total to go out of torpor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Oct 2012 09:53 #38690 by Ankha

Compare it to Breath of Thanatos. Does the agg damage in NEC has created big imbalance in the game? I think not.

No, but Breath of Thanatos is 1 agg at close range — 2R agg would destroy animalism combat... as to whether that's bad or not, that's another conversation.

Where did you read that the damage was ranged?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
09 Oct 2012 10:03 #38692 by Ohlmann
As a side note, a better wording would be :

'allocate two point between the opposing minion, his retainer, or equipment. Burn any equipment, retainer, or ally who have been allocated a point, and inflict as many aggravated damage as point allocated to non-ally minion".

I believe it would be cleaner and avoid discussion about damage repartition on equipment, and about that at close range you can't target retainers.

More
09 Oct 2012 10:13 #38693 by Ke.

Where did you read that the damage was ranged?

Looks like I mentally combined Juggernaut's post with yours...

More
09 Oct 2012 10:46 #38695 by Ankha

As a side note, a better wording would be :

'allocate two point between the opposing minion, his retainer, or equipment. Burn any equipment, retainer, or ally who have been allocated a point, and inflict as many aggravated damage as point allocated to non-ally minion".

I believe it would be cleaner and avoid discussion about damage repartition on equipment, and about that at close range you can't target retainers.

See the latest version for an even better wording ;)

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
09 Oct 2012 10:47 #38696 by ReverendRevolver
I think assigning points or saying yo u can reduce the damage to burn equipment/retainer is more logical. I don't see this card being needed for setites since they have access to prevention, torping along with treat agg as normal.
making setite combat more viable is as easy as printing more setites with [pot] and [ser] in g6. typhonic beast isn't a bad card, and only big vamps having access to it has been the issue with it from day one. I only know of one snake punch deck in the twda to date.

I'm just not sure about giving serpents cards just because its a support discipline without agg combat.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds