file BEST IDEA EVAR: makes rares commons

21 Nov 2012 22:17 #41366 by mirddes
what is LCG?

perhaps a Rares set, a uncommons set and a commons set would be ideal?

reprints are awesome

which cards have never been reprinted?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2012 23:27 #41373 by Klaital
There are HUGE loads of cards that have never been reprinted, majority of them from the latest sets that hadn't really needed reprints yet since the cards in question were still in print in their original sets. And from the rest that haven't been reprinted, most are pretty bad cards that nobody would want anyway. Here is a list of some of the never reprinted (or at least not reprinted enough) cards that I think could use it. This is by no means an all including list and I am likely forgetting some things, but its stuff that came to mind right away.

Movement of the Mind
Outcast Mage
Arms of the Abyss
Camarilla Vitae Slave
Summon the Abyss
Shadow Body
Shadow Parasite
Augustus Giovanni
Ezmerelda
Sutekh, the Dark God
Ur-Shulgi, the Shepherd
Mythic Form
Draught of the Soul
Siren's Lure
Bond with the Mountain
Miriam Benyona
Blanche Hill
Matthias
Huitzlipochtli
Le Dinh Tho
Raful al-Zarga
Kanimana Belghazi
Krassimir
Synesios
Nu, the Pillar
Baltimore Purge
Conductor
Kaymakli Nightmares
The Uncoiling
Preternatural Strength
Enkil Cog
Monastery of Shadows
Scourge of the Enochians
Charismatic Aura
Perfect Paragon
The following user(s) said Thank You: mirddes

More
22 Nov 2012 00:47 #41377 by mirddes
which sets are still in print?

More
22 Nov 2012 02:59 #41391 by Adonai

which sets are still in print?

No sets are in print.
No sets are ever "in print".

CCGs are printed, then they are "in stock".
If stock is depleted, they may be reprinted.

Books are "in print", which indicates that they are both in stock and eligible to be reprinted as market needs dictate.

Sabbat War was reprinted 3 times .
Bloodlines was the last set known to have been reprinted (as far as White Wolf announcements go, anyway).

As far as what sets are "in stock", check the big three:

Rose Tatu Productions
Walch & Nusser GbR (Europe only)
Potomac Distribution

More
22 Nov 2012 06:46 #41403 by RebelMac

what is LCG?

perhaps a Rares set, a uncommons set and a commons set would be ideal?

reprints are awesome

which cards have never been reprinted?

LCG is Living Card Game. In LCG there are expansions with preconstructed cards in boxes and you exactly know what cards will you get when you buy them. There is rarity too, so you have for exemple, some single copies of R cards, more cpies of U and C. Usually when you buy two or three boxes you have all cards in needed quantity. Boxes are small and cheap(60 cards e. g.). LCG is a very good solution. Currently FFG is publishing Call of Cthulhu, Game of Thrones, Netrunner LCG. CoC and GOT were CCGs earlier.

May The Force Be With You!

More
22 Nov 2012 07:45 #41415 by the1andonlime

There is rarity too, so you have for exemple, some single copies of R cards, more cpies of U and C. Usually when you buy two or three boxes you have all cards in needed quantity.

A Game of Thrones (AGoT) and Netrunner have no rarity currently. All new releases contain a full playset of each card.

Boxes are small and cheap(60 cards e. g.).

And released once a month. So in a six month cycle, including the "deluxe expansions" (costing 3-4 times that of a regular release), the total is not much different from a CCG. The cost only looks low because it is spread out over time instead of a one time cost.

If you need some statistics, over the 2 years of playing AGoT, I have spent about half of what I have spent on VtES since I started in 2004.

LCG is a very good solution.

Again, rarity creates variety. From research and from experience, LCGs metagames get extremely static 2 weeks into every release, simply because everyone plays the exact same game, with little variety. When I was actively playing AGoT (which was up to July this year), I could fairly accurately guess at what each play would possibly do at any point in time given the House and Agenda they played. Contrast this with VtES, where there can be multiple possibilities when your predator has a set of weenies with dominate.

Also, I find it quite saddening that I have no enthusiasm over opening a pack of LCG cards, possibly due to the lack of the element of gambling (as mentioned by ICLee). There is something to be said about unwrapping your presents, not knowing what you will get inside.

Suaku
Inceptor Asian Continental Championship
興っ
www.youtube.com/SuakuOz

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds