file BEST IDEA EVAR: makes rares commons

22 Nov 2012 10:19 #41431 by Izaak

List of examples of recent tournament winning decks from five most common archetypes for Standard Constructed from TCGPlayer website:
Bant Control
Jund Midrange
Selesnya Midrange
BR Zombies
4C Rites

I realize this is waaaaay off-topic, but anyway. Those decks actually cost a ton. Probably in the $400 range. Thing is, those decks all play 4 copies of a few bomb mythics that are priced in the $45 range.

You could easily exchange those myhthics for their rare/uncommon equivalents (that have, like 1 less toughtness or 1 more manacost) and end up winning your FLGS Friday Night Magic. That cuts the deck cost to really just what you're willing to fork out for dual lands and a few planeswalkers (which is in the range of $8 per dual land and $20-ish for the planeswalkers).

To compete at an international pro-tour level, sure you need 500 dollar decks. And mad limited skills.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Nov 2012 10:46 #41435 by Klaital

Arms of the Abyss

Arms of the Abyss was a common in two sets Sabbat and Sabbat Wars.

Yeah I know, but it has never been reprinted since SW so the newer players will have very hard time getting them, and it is actually pretty decent card.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jhattara, Lönkka, Juggernaut1981, Amenophobis, Lech

More
22 Nov 2012 20:25 #41459 by KevinM

Arms of the Abyss

Arms of the Abyss was a common in two sets Sabbat and Sabbat Wars.

Yeah I know, but it has never been reprinted since SW so the newer players will have very hard time getting them, and it is actually pretty decent card.

There are multiple auctions for Arms Of The Abyss on eBay right now for <$1 each.

To claim this as "very hard time getting them" is ridiculous.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
23 Nov 2012 05:34 - 23 Nov 2012 05:35 #41465 by the1andonlime

A Game of Thrones (AGoT) and Netrunner have no rarity currently. All new releases contain a full playset of each card.

From the card list for the Netrunner LCG base set:

Neural Katana, Ice, 3 copies
Precognition, Operation, 2 copies
Zaibatsu Loyalty, Assest, 1 copy

Clearly, you and I have different interpretations of what "no rarity" and "contain a full playset of each card" mean.

I don"t know what you can see on your browser, but on mine, the sentence in question reads: "All new releases contain a full playset of each card." (emphasis mine).

In LCG release cycle terms, the base set is most certainly not new.

Suaku
Inceptor Asian Continental Championship
興っ
www.youtube.com/SuakuOz
Last edit: 23 Nov 2012 05:35 by the1andonlime.

More
23 Nov 2012 06:21 #41467 by RebelMac
But You HAVE TO buy three copies of starter Android Netrunner to have three copies of Zaibatsu Loyalty.

Recent Decks Using This Card: Haas-Bioroid 1, HB Betatest, HB Datafort Alpha, HB Defense v2, It's a Trap!, Jin-Tricky, Jin HB, Jintecki?, Jinteki, Jinteki, Jinteki 1, Jinteki2, Jinteki Deadly Ice, Jinteki first attempt, Jinteki Gencon, Jinteki Starter, Jinteki Thimblerig v1.0, Jinteki Wall, Mind Games, NBN- Advancements and Ambushes, NBN Public Humiliation, NBN Trap-Tag-Advance, New With Tags, Search and Destroy, Test Jinteki, The Slow Game: A Jinteki Deck, This Just In v2, Weylandtek, Weyland Test

May The Force Be With You!

More
23 Nov 2012 07:13 #41468 by the1andonlime
We are diverting away from the topic, so sure, anything you say.

Suaku
Inceptor Asian Continental Championship
興っ
www.youtube.com/SuakuOz

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds