file Suggestions for vampires to fill up group 5 sabbat

23 Nov 2013 08:54 #56947 by Bayou
I think that the correct formula is 14 - capacity = generation. Most of the vampires meet it (sure the LSJ ones), some doesn't because of the storyline (Inner Circles or Justicars per example).

:SER: *:abom: *:fose: *:visi: *:doca: *:laso: *:ahri: *

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Nov 2013 09:24 #56948 by Lech

I think that the correct formula is 14 - capacity = generation. Most of the vampires meet it (sure the LSJ ones), some doesn't because of the storyline (Inner Circles or Justicars per example).

12th - 2cap - Alu
8th - 6cap - Hafsa
8th - 7cap - Djuhah
5th - 8cap - Bakr
6th - 8cap - Monty
5th - 9cap - Izhim
4th - 10cap - Jamal
6th - 10cap - Karif
13th - 1cap - Basir
11th - 4cap - Bertrand d'Anjou
10th - 5cap - Layla
9th - 6cap - Reza
7th - 7cap - Joe
7th - 7cap - Kashan
6th - 8cap - Amaravati
6th - 8cap - Antara
???? - 10cap - Dmitri

(4-5 group :assa: , i guess it's similar for other clans, too)

There is no "correct" formula. LSJ used either 14-gen or 15-gen as a guideline.

Sure, someone may check all vampires from LSJ era and find out "correct" way, if you have spare time, you can go there , there and there . And check sourcebooks by hand for missing vampires. I think we can agree that either of those is close (inner circle and influential vampires not withstanding).

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
23 Nov 2013 10:03 #56953 by Bayou
Well, your list have a lot '14-', but is my opinion, i can agree with you that there is not correct formula, but is what i said about 'ICs' or we could call it 'power corrections'.

I'm big fan of some clans and i had make complete lists of them with added notes (for example Followers of Sets or Abominations), reading all sources. I can asure you that there is not complete and/or correct list in the net.

More
23 Nov 2013 10:08 - 23 Nov 2013 10:12 #56954 by jamesatzephyr

There is no "correct" formula. LSJ used either 14-gen or 15-gen as a guideline.

Sure, someone may check all vampires from LSJ era and find out "correct" way

There's never really been one, because some bits of WoD canon are incredibly unhelpful from a V:TES point of view.

In V:TES, in any group pair, we usually want a reasonable spread of vampires across multiple generations, suitable for a range of different decks. It helps if the off-clan disciplines, or traits/titles/special abilities, have some sort of cohesion, or little clusters of cohesion - allowing you to make, say, the EuroBrujah (titles and Dominate), Out-of-Turn Malkavian Protean decks, Ravnos with Presence, a cluster of Toreador who can fit in with Assamites etc. I say usually, and by that I mostly mean the proper, full-sized clans. Tiny clans, scarce vampires etc. probably have less crypt diversity simply through having fewer vampires, or are more likely to be being used as star vampires rather than together. So there are obviously different goals. e.g. the Group 2 Blood Brothers are totally not like this, but cool in their way.

And WoD canon doesn't work much like that. In many ways, differences in actual age and experience make up for a lot of generational differences - certainly until you start being able to climb into the terrifying heights of disciplines at levels, say, 7, 8 and 9. A 12th gen who's been dead for 50 years with lots of disciplines at level 5, lots of experience, access to good weapons, retainers etc., is probably doing better than a year old 11th gen. And in V:TES, in as much as there are design "points" to be handed out, having a title means you have fewer disciplines, because you've spent a point on it. Yet in WoD, there's no real correlation between the two - if anything, having a few more disciplines and stronger disciplines might make you fractionally more likely to have a useful title, in as much as you may well be able to do more stuff to further your plans. Though again, that's not certain - a Tremere who's spent the last decade poring over old tomes non-stop probably lacks the social network to acquire or sustain a Prince title, even though he knows all these cool rituals and rare disciplines. But maybe over the next decade, those will help him make those ties - like other resources (money, power, mortal influence, whatever) could.

So when going through the source material, you often find yourself with vampires with too many disciplines, too few disciplines, or all a cluster of one "age" if you translate it. So modifications are made all over the place - older, younger, lose this discipline, gain this discipline, pick the version of the vampire from the start of the Rhode Island By Night sourcebooks, not the one who's committed diablerie three times at the end of it.
Last edit: 23 Nov 2013 10:12 by jamesatzephyr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BenPeal, Lech

More
23 Nov 2013 11:02 - 23 Nov 2013 11:03 #56961 by Bayou
Yes James, you are true. Because this, 'also' i don't agree with ''The standard formula is 15 - Generation = Capacity'' or ''Thats how it usually was''.

Last edit: 23 Nov 2013 11:03 by Bayou.

More
23 Nov 2013 11:09 #56962 by Klaital
For all of the vampires I posted in this topic I tried to keep their capacity within +/-1 of the standard formula, so they shouldn't be far off at least.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds