file [Submission] Accelerated Decay (Samedi pool damage)

24 Jan 2014 09:58 #58815 by Ankha
Name: Accelerated Decay
Cardtype: Action
Clan: Samedi
+1 steath action.
(D) Each Methuselah burns 1 pool, unless he or she burns the Edge.

Making it a (D) action against everyone is balanced by the fact Samedi has access to Obfuscate.
Burning the edge to avoid the effect force you to bleed as many times as you want to play the card, or take the pool damage as well.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2014 11:31 - 24 Jan 2014 11:31 #58816 by Von_Polack
Samedi are in desperate need of new cards, but in terms of defence. Why would I play this, when I can just bleed for one? Compared to bleeding, this generates a lot of table hate (especially if you play multiple copies), and Samedi really want to avoid that.
Last edit: 24 Jan 2014 11:31 by Von_Polack.

More
24 Jan 2014 11:40 #58817 by Von_Polack

Samedi are in desperate need of new cards, but in terms of defence. Why would I play this, when I can just bleed for one? Compared to bleeding, this generates a lot of table hate (especially if you play multiple copies), and Samedi really want to avoid that.

EDIT: Would it be overpowered if it did 2 pool damage, but only to your prey and predator, or you could choose who it targets (and targeted players get a right to block). I would play a multiacting Samedi deck featuring only these and Off Kilters. :)

More
24 Jan 2014 14:09 #58821 by brandonsantacruz
I don't know that this card does enough to really care about it. The fact that you are lowering the table's pool total makes direct pool damage more effective. It would just take too many of these cards to make a difference. Compare this card to something like Screw the Masquerade or Vermin Channel. They occasionally see play as a joke, but not for much else.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
24 Jan 2014 14:29 - 24 Jan 2014 14:31 #58823 by ReverendRevolver
Yea, David Tatu, I believe, had quite an off Kilter deck. I cant remember if he enticed or if enticing samdi was one of those decks i keep meaning to build. Either way, samedis best win comdition is: recruit a,dead hooker -> bleed vigorously. Ive tried g23 and 45, and g23 is better. I know (maybe Oscar?) Win with g56, but im all about g2, as its the best, and i use foritude as a crutch.

Anyway, open dossier&dirty contract is the best way for samedi to block, barring Troggy having AUS and (?) Morlock(?) Having aus. They could use some kind of
Necro than card for blocking as though untapped and some small bonus (opposimg younger vamp cant dodge, sce, or play aim cards first round) sup +1 intercept, make it only useable agaimst d actions, yiu get the idea.

But Samedi neex to bleex and recruit dead hookers to oust, and they can multiact some off kilter and little moumtain to not die, but theyve always had "neat"(argue, i dare you. Its neat as hell) combat stuff they only sometimes get to use (i used to pack one compress, and loved using wither. Seriously, wither with stick n traps n prevent and presz is Hilarious). If they can block, and fluff wise necro than being able to provide ghostly "lookout dude!", and than of course for combat hinderance, they can build something other than dead hooker stealth bleed.

This card isnt very samedi, as they tend not to be very global.

This card sortof works for than, but not seeing how it is needed or useful to them. I play Samedi weirdness, and wouldnt use,this.
Last edit: 24 Jan 2014 14:31 by ReverendRevolver.

More
24 Jan 2014 15:38 - 24 Jan 2014 19:02 #58827 by jamesatzephyr

EDIT: Would it be overpowered if it did 2 pool damage, but only to your prey and predator, or you could choose who it targets (and targeted players get a right to block). I would play a multiacting Samedi deck featuring only these and Off Kilters. :)

4 pool damage against useful Methuselahs off one clan card is a fair amount of damage, even for a bloodline. Also, be careful how you word it, because that could be 4 pool damage in the end game, when your prey is your predator. Which is a fair amount. (Obviously, you could add something like "If there are more than two players in the game..." to the text.) Lily Prelude is perhaps the closest comparison I can think of - non-scarce Bloodlines clan, 4 unbounceable pool damage with an inferior discipline which is sort-of-the-same as being a clan card - but that requires passing a vote and costs a blood, though of course that can be against one Methuselah.

I was wondering if you could do something similarly inspired, but perhaps something like:
Accelerated Decay
Action, Some stealth, Maybe a cost
(D) Do some pool damage to your prey. Additionally, if your prey has fewer than X pool (when this action is announced), you may also choose to do some pool damage to your prey's prey.

Which is similar to your "choose who it targets" version , but a bit more restricted. I was thinking along the lines of Foreshadowing Destruction. It feels a little more themey for infections, decay etc. too - the rot spreading from prey to grand-prey. "Some" might be 2 to your prey and 1 to your grand-prey, maybe? But whatever you fancy.
Last edit: 24 Jan 2014 19:02 by jamesatzephyr.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds