file [Submission] Accelerated Decay (Samedi pool damage)

26 Jan 2014 10:59 #58853 by jamesatzephyr

Sure, but isn't it always the problem of getting them into torpor?

*resigned sigh*

The point is not whether such a deck would or wouldn't be super-powerful, but that it pushes the game away from the normal forms of interactivity between decks.

(Like I said in my original reply, in detail, explicitly.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2014 13:58 #58862 by ReverendRevolver
Im still of the opinion Samedi need reactions, and maybe modifiers. They have 3 solid actions, between little mountain, off kilter, and dead hookers, and they have sometimes unplayable sometimes percect plays, like psychicveil, shambler, pressing flesh, putrescent servitude, etc.
Lots of actions. Freak drive costs a blood and a deck slot, so, yes, they fan play alot maybe, but it catches up with them.

More
26 Jan 2014 21:41 #58874 by GreenO

Accelerated Decay
:action: Action
:same: Samedi
(D) The chosen Methuselah burns X pool where X is 1 + 1 for each non-zombie ally and 1 for each vampire in their ash heap.
(Some flavour text about dragging up the rotting dead)

The time is ripe for GreenO to re-create his (terrible) Yong Sun deck, now with added Samedi.

YES! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!

HAHAHAHAAA! You mocked (rightly)! But now, NOW, who's laughing? 11 years I've been planning this, getting my people into position to strike. Hughbot and Nuddroid have executed Operation:Death of My Conscience near-perfectly (they will soon be deactivated). Now I will wreak my massively contrived revenge.

By merely bolting my tuned turbo-Julius Mummify engine I will break this game wide open.

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.
-Herman Melville

More
27 Mar 2014 16:41 #60379 by Wand

Accelerated Decay
:action: Action
:same: Samedi
(D) The chosen Methuselah burns X pool where X is 1 + 1 for each non-zombie ally and 1 for each vampire in their ash heap.
(Some flavour text about dragging up the rotting dead)

The time is ripe for GreenO to re-create his (terrible) Yong Sun deck, now with added Samedi.

There are some potentially uncomfortable/annoying ways of getting crypt cards into people's ash heaps, which might be unpleasant to face. e.g. Might of the Camarilla. Not because such a deck would be significantly overpowered, but because it might start chasing the game down weird corner cases, where you're facing a deck that's doing unbounceable, high-stealth pool damage, so nixing the defences of bounce, moderate intercept, and reduction. And you don't have to be doing all that many weird things before the potential pool damage mounts up.

And it doesn't have to be that weird. Samedi have Obf/For, so something like Baltimore Purge + Renewed Vigor + stealth +... Vulnerability? Gregory Winter + Cloak/Veil? Maybe borrow Tye Cooper if you can find a Nec angle? Sacrificial Lamb is a bit poor. White Nights Massacre has potential - although the werewolf/extra copy angle, less so - especially given you would play it after the Baltimore Purge action has gone through. If feeling especially adventurous, the Harbingers have a couple of vampires with Obfuscate (particularly, Egottha and La Viuda Blanca) who you might borrow if you fancy some sort of Obf/For Purge deck, with added Crematorium.

And it's not that it feels Tier 1 Must Win the NAC in power, just that it feels a little bit 'out there' in terms of how other decks can interact with it. Potentially high stealth actions, that doesn't require bleed or vote or combat, meaning common deck styles might have extremely limited interaction potential with it.

gisella harden with samedis

Archbishop of Vitória

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds