file Submission: Elijah the Cruel

19 Apr 2014 11:05 - 19 Apr 2014 13:39 #61217 by ReverendRevolver

In terms of combat; he's much weaker than Enkidu — lacking both POT / CEL, so nothing solid to deal with combat ends.

Text wise, surely it can just read:

Camarilla Gangrel Justicar. Elijah may enter combat with any minion as a +1 stealth D action. He gets -1 stealth on other actions. +2 Strength.

He has potence.

And id sooner have his rush not at stealth and -1 stealth on blees actions. Its to show hes not so much into things not related to hunting down and tearing apart living (or unliving) things.

He "has" +1 strength, like many other gangrel, but his beast is supposed to be drawn out, for another.

And its only a few words too wordy. Ben, what would you shrink? I just wanted him able to use melee weapoms and tbings like that because hes at one humanity and is still on the mental level to use tools to fulfill his intentions. I still dont want him pressing or manuevering in either cowarsly direction, if it fits.

Superstar? Gangrel have: torvus, xavier, basilia, wynn, zayyat, karsh, and micty who are 9+ caps who seem good enough to play, and have angus, viktor, gwydd, fakir, faruq, and probably some g1 stuff im forgetting who are like +1 strength, some text, or a level of fortitude away from being playable.
Gangrel have fatties that have to be superstars. The key difference here is that this one is appropriately everythinged. He does one thing well, and thats all hes going to so efficiently. Enkidu, im told, had FOR in origional playtest, but was too strong. This guy lacks the celerity amd obf of enky, but those would break him. Obf negates one drawback, celerity would give access to 2 free untaps and being able to additional like mad and too easily manuver.

Gangrel were the real muscle of the cam. When the east coast was under sabbat attack, the fact that they were so horribly massacred is wjat made the plan HAVE to be take New York, instead of just taking back everyrhing else.
This guy is the justicar before Xavier, and he can do what angus, micty, and gwydd should have done in vtes: fight, and not suck so damn bad at it. To date, not Gangrel is anywhere close to as good at anything as cock robin. Free untap, plus strength, and second trad break him. Even withouf sexond trad, this guy gets them there. !Salubri, ventrue, and !ventrue all get a good +2 strength guy, with superior oit of clan potence. Its time to be fair to Gangrel(finally)

I remember dark selina being callex "ham fiatedly good" and thats probably where Elijah would be for the gangrel, decently good, not game warpingly so, but it gives a clan something good.

Seriously, i know we are knee deep into playtesting a set with gangrel, so i dont think these gangrel submissions arw likely to see life as playable cards, but the principle remains that this is:

A canon gangrel that should be made

A niche needing filled

A good and acxurate shot at both.
Last edit: 19 Apr 2014 13:39 by ReverendRevolver.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2014 13:45 #61271 by brandonsantacruz
Later grouping Gangrel need non-camarilla vampires with good abilities. Right now there is not much reason to play group 4/5 Gangrel. Having one justicar won't make a significant difference. I also agree with Ben, too much text.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
19 Apr 2014 13:58 #61273 by ReverendRevolver

Later grouping Gangrel need non-camarilla vampires with good abilities. Right now there is not much reason to play group 4/5 Gangrel. Having one justicar won't make a significant difference. I also agree with Ben, too much text.

I agree. Mostly.

There are some hounds and primogen hangers on, probably some princes.

(About to step onto soapbox)

!Tremere havent existed in canon since before gangrel left the cam, and we still make those...

Replace those with !salubri, or just do what we feel is the choice, and we do the latter.

Gangrel have this guy in actual fluff, and could use help. Indy gangrel need atuff too, and ive still got about 4 other ideas to post when i get any time at all. But being on par with enky (cost and drawbacks, lack of retainer special) is ok to me. They do different things once in combat. Enky additionals and can untap like crazy, this dude can press. Enky can dorm of myst or use the newxobf pot. Not Elijah.

Indy gangrel and cam gangrel need help. Most good aupport gangrel are antitribbu in this grouping. They neex the wholexpackage.

More
20 Apr 2014 05:22 - 20 Apr 2014 05:23 #61323 by CalibanX
I like your idea. But I wonder if giving the Gangrel an Archon (no Bloodhunt vote) would be better than an attacker? Getting into combat is easy (Bum's rush) and getting a vamp into torpor isn't that hard for Gangrel either. Having a vamp that can diablerise with impunity might be scarier than just beating minions up?
Last edit: 20 Apr 2014 05:23 by CalibanX.

More
20 Apr 2014 13:03 #61331 by brandonsantacruz

I like your idea. But I wonder if giving the Gangrel an Archon (no Bloodhunt vote) would be better than an attacker? Getting into combat is easy (Bum's rush) and getting a vamp into torpor isn't that hard for Gangrel either. Having a vamp that can diablerise with impunity might be scarier than just beating minions up?

Ariadne
[chi][ANI][FOR][PRO]
Gangrel
Capacity: 8
Group: 5
Camarilla: Blood hunts cannot be called on Ariadne. She gains an additional blood when she successfully hunts.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: ReverendRevolver

More
21 Apr 2014 11:32 #61350 by ReverendRevolver

Ariadne
[chi][ANI][FOR][PRO]
Gangrel
Capacity: 8
Group: 5
Camarilla: Blood hunts cannot be called on Ariadne. She gains an additional blood when she successfully hunts.

He beat me to it. Ariadne bloats with abactor, and amaranths. A real beat stick is much more thematic and practical for gangrel. To see what i mean, build a Quayayayayablah (the g5!salubri) deck with path and armor of caines fury and trap, and see how efficient +2 strength can be.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds