file What flavortexts are allowed?

17 May 2014 07:40 #62461 by Ashur
The design team asked for suggestions for flavortexts for the next set. What flavortexts are allowed?

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 May 2014 11:43 #62469 by BenPeal
Quotes from World of Darkness books and anything that is public domain. Avoid non-WoD material that is copyrighted.

More
24 May 2014 05:16 #62729 by Ashur

Quotes from World of Darkness books and anything that is public domain. Avoid non-WoD material that is copyrighted.

So, quote from "Book of Nod" = ok?
Quote from Winston Churchill = ok?
Black Sabbath lyrics = not ok?

More
24 May 2014 07:43 #62730 by BenPeal

So, quote from "Book of Nod" = ok?
Quote from Winston Churchill = ok?
Black Sabbath lyrics = not ok?

Correct.

More
24 May 2014 07:53 #62731 by Squidalot
Yes - but it also needs to be card specific and take into account space on a card - therefore as such more appropriate to take place in the playtest forum on or on the facebook page Henrik!

More
24 May 2014 09:26 #62735 by Ashur

Yes - but it also needs to be card specific and take into account space on a card - therefore as such more appropriate to take place in the playtest forum on or on the facebook page Henrik!

Ah, missed that bit. Most of my suggestions would be pretty unspecific anyway, but I´ll try to think harder! :)

But my question was also a bit more open I guess, regarding US laws and what really happened when the quotes on Vtes cards went from pretty awesome (Jyhad), to pretty boring (all other sets). Did Black Sabbath actually sue WW for quoting them on Faceless Night? Or was it David Lynch that got pissed about Owl Companion?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds