file Grouping rule- wrap around grouping?

14 Jul 2011 06:34 #6276 by Shockwave
Our local group considering trying the following instead:

Allow Group 4/5/6 to be played as 'Any two'. So you could play 5-6, 4-5 or 4-6, but not all three. This stops the issue with the 'make them Group 5' proposal, where certain Clans (Hello, Kiasyd) become obscene as a result, but makes the Group 6 more 'support' style Bloodlines (Hello in particular to the Scarce ones) more playable.

I like wraparound as it happens, but the Discipline spread in Group 1, notably the lack of any Sabbat or Bloodline members really makes it probably no more viable than it is now.

:AUS: :FOR: :VAL: Here we go again....
Dave Knowles (Advanced)
Sabbat Bishop of Manchester

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jul 2011 07:09 - 14 Jul 2011 07:12 #6277 by Boris The Blade
So we would like to match them with a group that:

1) contains Sabbat
2) contains Independents
3) does not contains other Bloodlines

There is no solution to that:

Group 1 has no Sabbat
Group 2 has Bloodlines
Group 3 has no Independents
Group 4 has Bloodlines

I feel the we can forget about Independents: Group 5 already has them. This leaves group 3 as the best candidate.
Last edit: 14 Jul 2011 07:12 by Boris The Blade.

More
14 Jul 2011 08:19 #6278 by Shockwave
I don't think anyone suggested that, Boris? I think it's just debating the best possible option. :)

:AUS: :FOR: :VAL: Here we go again....
Dave Knowles (Advanced)
Sabbat Bishop of Manchester

More
14 Jul 2011 08:56 #6282 by Mephistopheles
Many of the Group 6 vampires could make great use of the weenie aus/AUS or dom/DOM vampires from group 1. Either for Anima Gathering or for bleed bounce. Like Salmath, Byzar, Nahum Enosh, etc.

Also I could see the point in an Group 1/6 Nosferatu + DoC deck (Scout Youngwood + Hillanvale + Selma + Sheldon). I would play that.

I just spent 30 seconds to figure these out. I am sure that people can find other interesting combinations.

I think 1/6 is cool thing.

NC for Hungary

hunfragment.blogspot.com

More
14 Jul 2011 12:25 #6292 by brandonsantacruz

As several pointed out above, there might not be a lot of use in doing it. And without a clear use, I would say no, as all rule changes are cumbersome.

I don't think that the rule change would be cumbersome at all. You could just add something like "group six is considered adjacent to group one as well as group five" and bingo!

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
15 Jul 2011 20:46 #6352 by LunaSlave
I wouldn't mind this change. I'd really love it if Imbued were changed to group "Any"

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds