file [Submission] The Inconnu

20 Sep 2014 21:04 - 23 Sep 2014 03:52 #65586 by glaswanderer
The Inconnu is a elusive sect of Kindred.

Within this set are the Kindred from Lair of the Hidden and various other WoD books. The locations they control, the minions they use, and events they partake in.

A few cards from previous sets are included with errata with updates that reflect themes from this set.

Many of these cards are repeats from an earlier post of mine, many with updates.

New Rule: Due to their elusive nature and supposed self-exile from the Jyhad any minion with the Inconnu trait has -1 stealth when they attempt an action to bleed or call a referendum or political action.

The Crypt is located here (24 vampires, 4 with Advanced versions): imageshack.com/a/qx2z/1

The Library is here (67 cards): imageshack.com/a/xE2z/1

Enjoy!

Prince of Puyallup
Last edit: 23 Sep 2014 03:52 by glaswanderer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alasteir, Wand, Pascek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2014 22:59 - 20 Sep 2014 23:02 #65588 by Pascek
Replied by Pascek on topic Re: [Submission] The Inconnu
Nice work!!

Really nice!

Artwork has some identity clashes, as occurs with Djuhah from the Black Seraphs, but for sure I will try to use this on some friendly game!

Regarding the library cards, I believe the link is for the crypt as well... can you send the library link?

Congrats!

:bruj: :DOM::FOR::POT::PRE::PRO:
Roberto Mautone Jr.
Praetor
Last edit: 20 Sep 2014 23:02 by Pascek.

More
20 Sep 2014 23:48 #65591 by glaswanderer
The Library link is fixed.

If there is any artwork or other formatting issue please speak up.

Prince of Puyallup
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pascek

More
21 Sep 2014 07:02 #65597 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: [Submission] The Inconnu

New Rule: Due to their elusive nature and supposed self-exile from the Jyhad any minion with the Inconnu trait has -1 stealth when they attempt an action to bleed or call a referendum or political action.

You don´t think this is too harsh? I don´t see your vamps as so overpowered this is called for. Or am I wrong? It will slow down the game.

In my own submission for the Inconnu, all vamps in the sect got a Inconnu counter which give them +1 stealth on all actions and immunity to target for d-actions, but they burn the counter when they bleed or vote. I thought that would be fun, giving them the chance to build some before (kind of inevitably!) joining the jyhad.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
23 Sep 2014 03:52 #65684 by glaswanderer
Added two new cards to the library, both bleed cards. One, Meddling, gives an alternative use if you need to rid yourself of something pesky your prey controls, the other, Heart of Treachery, is a variation of Kindred Spirits.

As for the drawback they incur by being Inconnu I accounted for that when creating them with the Create-a-Clan rules. These are some of the most powerful vampires in the world that have taken themselves out of Jyhad.
The political drawback is obvious and the Inconnu aren't heavy with votes (only 3 have any). The bleed drawback is a much larger issue but can be overcome, one way or the other most have access to stealth and bleed boost tech and a quarter of them have inherent stealth.

Harsh, maybe, but isn't that what this game is about? Coming up with new strategies and using new ideas to help keep new and invigorating is one of the best things about CCGs.

Prince of Puyallup

More
26 Sep 2014 18:26 - 30 Sep 2014 02:43 #65811 by glaswanderer
Here are explanations for the Library cards A-B, more will be on the way. Welcome to the craziness going through my head.

A Misunderstanding
World of Darkness reference: None

How does this card address a compelling game need?: The Inconnu are some of the oldest and most powerful vampires in the world, being able to end combat without Disciplines is highly useful. This is a variation of basic Obedience that requires Inconnu, works against any aged vampire, and costs 1 blood instead of requiring Dominate.

Created by: Chris Pond

A Surfeit of Serpents
World of Darkness reference: Lair of the Hidden, p 143

How does this card address a compelling game need?: Having Serpentis being able to something other than manipulation would be nice. See Horseshoes for comparison.

Agent Pass

How does this card address a compelling game need?: This is basically Tattoo Signal for the Inconnu. Inconnu vampires are costly and multi-acting is a priority.

Analects of Mokur
World of Darkness reference: Lair of the Hidden, various sidebars.

How does this card address a compelling game need?: Being able to gain a lot of blood, even with an untap penalty, is needed, especially for those that spend a lot. A variation of Abactor.

Analects of Saulot
World of Darkness reference: Lair of the Hidden, various sidebars.

How does this card address a compelling game need?: Gaining pool and a blood and untap for the acting minion for a Methuselah that is using a lot to bring forth costly minions that have a difficulty bleeding is needed. A variation of Art Scam.

Artemis Jones
World of Darkness reference: Lair of the Hidden, p 49

How does this card address a compelling game need?: Having a means of searching your library for a much needed minion card is great for any deck and the added bonus of increasing the use of the under-used research area is greatly needed.

Athemé
World of Darkness reference: None that I know off

How does this card address a compelling game need?: A way to gain or recoup a blood from a (thematically) ritualistic Discipline and its singular use each minion phase isn't a game-breaker either.

Created by: Coraxbrash dnn.vtes.net/Portals/17/cards/1485/Library/card200957194843.jpg

Audit of Domain

How does this card address a compelling game need?: A way for higher capacity decks to slow down a weenie onslaught and at the moment there is no way to slow this down.

Created by: I believe this was a found card that I edited.

Beast of Fire

How does this card address a compelling game need?: An alternate means of burning a minion in the torpor/incapacitated region. A great way to hold a threat over a Methuselah’s head with minions in those areas.

Beast Walk
World of Darkness reference: Lair of the Hidden, p 135

How does this card address a compelling game need?: Using animal retainers for something other than their intended use and a great surprising way of gaining stealth or intercept.

Behind the Wall

How does this card address a compelling game need?: Protection of a Methuselah’s resources is paramount, being unique makes the decision to use the card extremely strategic. A variation of Ahrimane Protectorate.

Blood Tutor

How does this card address a compelling game need?: A variation of Sanguine Instruction changing the clan requirement to capacity and giving the recipient a blood. Makes teaching Disciplines a little easier, especially for out-of-clan.

Bran Castle
World of Darkness reference: I’m sure this is mentioned in some WoD reference.

How does this card address a compelling game need?: Provides an easier access to cards requiring Inconnu, and is similar to Blessing of the Beast. A couple of these in a deck could really help card flow and a well-played Arson could take it all away.

Prince of Puyallup
Last edit: 30 Sep 2014 02:43 by glaswanderer.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds