file [Submission] Rite of Apostasy (action that turns a vampire into a Baali)

20 Nov 2014 15:28 - 20 Nov 2014 15:39 #67518 by Ankha
Name: Rite of Apostasy
Cardtype: Action
+1 stealth action. Only usable if you control another ready Baali. Not usable by an infernal vampire.
Choose a discipline this vampire has, put this card on him or her and untap him or her. This vampire becomes infernal, Baali (and Independent); he or she has Daimoinon instead of the chosen discipline (at the same level). A vampire can have only one Rite of Apostasy.

Flavor text:

Art notes: A kneeling vampire opens his arms wide before a hooded figure, over the corpse of a young girl. His eyes are shining with some unnatural brightness. The scene is viewed over the shoulder of the hooded figure and takes place in some gloomy cellar.

World of Darkness reference: whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Baali#Apostates

How does this card address a compelling game need?: This card can either be played to change one's own vampires to Baali with daimoinon, or to cripple a vampire of some oher player (though it requires to steal that vampire first). Either way, it opens some new deck possibilities.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 20 Nov 2014 15:39 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ke.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2014 11:21 - 21 Nov 2014 11:23 #67536 by HG.fi
Oh great. I was writing a reply, realized I was talking out of my ass, and hit "Cancel".

The result: My post appeared in the thread...

Bug report time?
Last edit: 21 Nov 2014 11:23 by HG.fi. Reason: Forum software sucks

More
21 Nov 2014 11:36 #67537 by jamesatzephyr

Name: Rite of Apostasy
Cardtype: Action
+1 stealth action. Only usable if you control another ready Baali. Not usable by an infernal vampire.
Choose a discipline this vampire has, put this card on him or her and untap him or her. This vampire becomes infernal, Baali (and Independent); he or she has Daimoinon instead of the chosen discipline (at the same level). A vampire can have only one Rite of Apostasy.

I have lurking, non-specific thoughts about using this in a breed deck, and would probably prefer it restricted itself to vampires of, say, 4 capacity or more.

Would also be plausibly interested to see if it makes Striga or Maleficia more attractive. More likely, it just makes the chain a step longer - but if you can basically pick some attractive vampires who become infernal, with Daimoinon and a not-a-discipline of your choice, maybe things become more interesting. Probably not, but I'd be interested to see someone try a deck or three in that direction.

More
21 Nov 2014 11:53 #67538 by Ohlmann
Breeding infernal vampires ? That seem a not-too-good idea on paper.

More
21 Nov 2014 13:16 #67540 by jamesatzephyr

Breeding infernal vampires ? That seem a not-too-good idea on paper.

It's basically a worry that if you can find something solid to do, you could get a bunch of cheap extra assistance where previously it was restricted mostly to a coterie of midbies (or higher). It wouldn't be breed in the sense of "keep churning out more and more weenies and turn them all Baali". It would probably be more "supplement an existing deck with a couple of extra Daimonon users" or "churn out lots and lots of weenies, and turn one or two Baali".

I can't think of anything that is likely to trigger a game-wrecking earthquake, but I'd prefer to err on the side of caution, myself.

More
21 Nov 2014 14:11 #67542 by Lech
Is it me, or anone else find it weak ?

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds