compress Card ideas from Sydnelson v2

02 Aug 2011 17:53 - 26 Feb 2021 22:17 #7239 by Sydnelson
I some card ideas and want to share with community.

Added card images with some modification based on suggestions of friends and user of this forum.

Also added new crypt card Joseph Pander, The First Mutt.

Unfortunally I dont found good images to cards I have created, when best images appears I will change the cards

Senator
+1 stealth action. Requires an imbued with starting life 4 or above. Title.
Put this card on this imbued to represent the government title of Senator. Senators can call political actions as a vampire and can burn X up to two convictions to gain X votes during any referendum. Any vampire can call a referendum to burn this card as a +1 stealth political action; in that referendum, each priscus gets -1 ballot, each non-priscus titled vampire gets -1 vote, and burning the Edge is worth 1 additional vote.

Twilight Projection
Type: Reaction\Combat
Requires: Auspex
Only usable by a vampire with capacity 8 or more being burned by a opposing minion. Usable by a vampire in torpor.
Remove this vampire from the game instead and put this card in play, it becomes a unique wraith with the starting life equal to the half of the removed vampire capacity (round up), is considered of the same clan and have the same title (if any), can play cards requiring the basic level of Discipline they possesses as a vampire, IS immune to non-aggravated damage, cannot have or use equipment and gets +1 intercept during (D) actions against you. During your unlock phase, this wraith burns 1 life. Only 1 Twilight Projection can be played in a game.
Cost: 2 pool

Fist of Caine, The
Type: Combat
+1 stealth action.
[pot] (D) Enter combat with a minion. This acting minion gets 1 optional maneuver during that combat.
[POT] As [pot] above, and this acting minion gets 1 optional press during that combat.
Cost: 1 blood

Stampede
Requires: Animalism
Only usable before strikes are chosen. Grapple.
[ani] Opposing ally may not attempt to dodge or combat end this round. If another round of combat occurs, this vampire can burn one blood to set the range this round. A vampire can play only one Stampede each round.
[ANI] As above, but opposing younger vampire.

Sons of Discord, The
Type: Unique Master
Requires: Daughters of Cacophony
Unique master. Put this card in play and burn all male Daughters of Cacophony vampires in play. During your untap phase, a female Daughters of Cacophony you control gains 1 blood. Cards that require Melpominee [mel] cost female Daughters of Cacophony 1 less blood. Any minion may burn this card as a (D) action; any untapped female Daughters of Cacophony can burn 1 blood to cause 1 unpreventable damage on acting minion when this card is burned. Male minions get -1 stealth on that action. Burn Option

Motorcycle club
Type: Master: unique location.
While this cards is untapped all allies get an optional maneuver only usable to go to close range once per combat. Tap this card to give a press or end combat between an ally and a monster.

Hospital Treating Ground
Type: Master
Hunting ground.
During your untap phase if this card is untapped, you may move 1 life from the blood bank to a ready ally you control or bring a imbued from incapacitated to a ready region, he/she gains one life. Any vampire controlled by other methuselah can make a +1 stealth action to tap this card and gain 2 blood (ignore excess), this card doesn't untap as normal in next untap phase.

Plot Device
Type: Event
Gehenna. Do not replace as long as this card is in play. Requires at least three other Gehenna cards and three vampires of capacity 11 or more in play. Burn all vampires with capacity 10 or more. All vampires lose their abilities for remainder of the game and became a scarce. Effects of this card apply to vampires in ash heap, uncontrolled and crypt as well.

Bandages
Non-mortal allies can burn X life to prevent up to 2x damage once per combat.
Imbued can burn a conviction to use text above.

Spirit Bond
Type: Reaction
Requires: Auspex
[aus] Reduce the acting minion's stealth to 0. The minion can still increase their stealth. After resolution, this vampire takes 2 unpreventable environmental damage.
[AUS] As above, and this vampire can cancel a action modifier card as it is played, and its cost is not paid. This vampire takes only 1 unpreventable environmental aggravated damage instead.

Inconnu Development Facility
Type: Unique Master
Put this cart in play tapped.
When this card comes to play or change controller, search your library, hand or ash heap for a card and put it on your Research area. As a discard phase action you can tap this card to move a card from Research Area to your hand (discard afterward). Any minion controlled by other methuselah can steal this card with a D action that cost 1 blood or life.

Virolax Genetic Lab
Type: Event
Government
Once per game each methuselah can put a minion in research from uncontrolled area by paying a pool or from ash heap or crypt paying 3 pool. During untap phase, methuselah may move 1 blood from the blood bank to this vampire, if do so you cannot use research area this turn. If this vampire reach it capacity, put him or her in play. Burn him or her if another copy of this vampire comes to play.

Vitae Captivation
Only usable at the end of a round of combat.
Not usable by a vampire being burned or going to torpor.
This vampire gains an amount of blood or life equal to the half (rounded up) amount lost by the opposing non-wraith minion to damage during this round. This minion can move up to 2 of those blood/life to your pool instead of this vampire. A vampire may play only one Vitae Captivation each combat. Vitae Captivation and Taste of Vitae cannot both be played on the same round of combat.

Black Priest
Type: Vampire
Clan: Caitiff
Capacity: 5
Disciplines: tha thn for VEN DEF VIN
Tremere slave: This minion can play cards as a vampire or imbued (pay costs in blood or life as well). He can use convictions and is immune to all cards or conviction based effects. Scarce.

Joseph Pander, The First Mutt
Clan: Pander
Capacity: 7
Disciplines: POT PRE FOR
Group 5
Sabbat: Joseph may change the clan of an Caitiff vampire to Pander as a +1 stealth action that costs 1 blood. You may search your library (shuffle afterward), ash heap or hand for a Discipline card and place it on that vampire (pay cost as normal).

Fernando Cesar - Sydnelson
LackeyCCG and OCTGN VtES Mantainer

:adv: :camarilla: :vent: :obf: :pro: :tha: :DOM: :PRE: :cap8:
Prince of Rio de Janeiro

Powerbase Rio de Janeiro
Last edit: 26 Feb 2021 22:17 by Sydnelson.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2011 01:16 - 03 Aug 2011 01:16 #7261 by Juggernaut1981
Senator: I don't think I want to give Imbued titles... they already seem to stall tables so giving them more ways to stall seems dense.

Twilight Projection: This is a VERY long card for a fairly transitory effect that I don't think would get played.

Fist of Caine: Interesting. I would have expected it to give +str instead of a Maneuver.

Stampede: Interesting... I think the anti-S:CE against allies is pointless and should just appear at :ANI:

Sons of Discord: Waaaay too complicated.

Motorcycle Club: Waaaaay too good for Imbued decks.

Hospital Treating Ground: (I'd rename it Clinic Emergency Room). I think it should read...
During your untap phase if this card is untapped, you may move 1 life from the blood bank to a ready ally you control or bring a imbued from incapacitated to a ready region. You cannot give an ally more life than its starting amount. Any vampire can take a +1 stealth (D) action to tap this card and gain 2 blood, this card doesn't untap as normal in next untap phase.

Plot Device: HUH?????

Bandages: HUH?????

Spirit Bond: That makes weenie Auspex VERY good.

Iconnu Development Facility
Master
Unique. Put this card in play tapped.
During your untap phase you may tap this card to take a card from your ash heap, or spend 1 pool and choose a card in your library and put it into your Research area. As a discard phase action, you may tap this card to exchange a card from your hand with one in your Research area.

Virolax Genetic Lab
Master: Location
Government
Put this card in play and move a vampire in your uncontrolled region to this card. During your influence phase the vampire with this card gains 1 blood from the blood bank. If this vampire has counters equal to its capacity, move it to your ready region and then burn this location. Effects that would target this vampire or the counters on this vampire have no effect. If this location is burned, burn the vampire. If the chosen vampire can merge when it enters play, it does so. A Methuselah may play one Virolax Genetic Lab per game.

Black Priest: I can't think why I'd be interested in playing that guy... is he supposed to be defence for Samedi??

Vitae Captivation: I don't think I like it much at all. I'd still prefer to play Taste of Vitae over this card.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
Last edit: 03 Aug 2011 01:16 by Juggernaut1981.

More
03 Aug 2011 11:59 #7297 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Card ideas from Sydnelson
Senator: same as Juggenaut1981. No title for Imbued please.

Twilight Projection: too complicated, bad wording makes it confusing.

Fist of Caine, The: change the maneuver into a press, and make it cost 1 blood.

Stampede: an IG in animalism that does not restrict your strikes? too good and inappropriate in that discipline.

Sons of Discord, The: too much text, too strong (path + hunting ground!)

Motorcycle club: too good for allies

Hospital Treating Ground: looks ok, see Jug's wording

Plot Device I'm not found on Gehenna cards encouraging people to play weenie and mass events.

Bandages: I would add a "do not replace until end of combat" clause

Spirit Bond: taking so much aggravated damage sounds strange. Looks like it was made for a combo.

Inconnu Development Facility: it shouldn't search the ash heap.

Virolax Genetic Lab: yeah, clarify wording though

Black Priest: ???

Vitae Captivation: Worse than Taste of Vitae.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
03 Aug 2011 13:17 #7300 by jhattara

Vitae Captivation: Worse than Taste of Vitae.

Although you gain only half the blood you'd gain by Taste of Vitae, I'd say this card would be better in some decks, as it can be used against allies and it gains you pool.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!

More
03 Aug 2011 18:09 #7305 by Haze
Replied by Haze on topic Re: Card ideas from Sydnelson
sounds kind of like Street Cred actually. but more complicated.

More
03 Aug 2011 19:10 #7306 by Juggernaut1981
Well the idea is that it is a "Voter Cap" for :pot:. And I have an issue with having to bust your nut and cycle cards hard to get 2 pool and maybe 2 blood when someone else can just 'bring out vampires to get 2 pool & 4+ blood' whilst also ousting their prey.

So in that sense, its strictly worse.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds