compress Card ideas from Sydnelson v2

05 Aug 2011 22:21 - 05 Aug 2011 22:24 #7427 by Sydnelson
This cards is a group of ideas that I have last month. After I have an idea of each of those cards I search in vtes and in Vampire: The Masquerade wikis and books for best ways to adapt those cards to RPG game, history and environment. Due that some cards have limitations, great requirements and some strange terms like male and female for Daughter card.

My comment about cards.

Senator
I don't think this card is too powerful. It just adds more possibilities to imbued diversify their games. Here in Brazil is very annoying play as imbued because all table group against you and player out of table simple hate you because you create a imbues based deck. Due that I always think in more ways to bring imbued to more close vampire game style and add ability to call referendum is a start. And is only 2 votes, imbued don't have any other ways to increase their votes (maybe using some masters) and is very difficult to create a political based deck. Maybe with Dia The Los Muertos and Justicar Retribution to kill all inner-circles and then try to handle with Prince and Justicar votes, but anyway is too complicated.

As alternate I think in change card text to this.

Senator
Requires a ready imbued with starting life 4 or above. +1 stealth action. Title. Put this card on the acting imbued to represent the government title of Senator. Senators can call political actions as a vampire and can burn up to two convictions to gain X votes during any referendum. Any vampire can call a referendum to burn this card as a +1 stealth political action. In that referendum, non-government titles are worth 1 fewer votes.

Twilight Projection
This is a vampire the requiem ability of Auspex discipline, this card does exactly the same of that ability does in The Requiem and I think the requirements can prevent abusive use of it.

Fist of Caine, The
This card is based in Potence level 6 ability from Vampire: The Masquerade of the same name. I think it a shame that the discipline more focused on combat in vtes has not have a rush card. And this card is very balanced and I think it can be costless like other. Example: Deep Song, Taunt Caged Beast, Charge of the Buffalo, Nose of The Round, Sense Death, all are costless rush cards.

Stampede
This card is based in Animalism level 7 ability from Vampire: The Masquerade of the same name. Several combat decks really sucks after play dozen of cards (carrion, terror frenzy, drawing out, horrid form, blood acid, flesh of marble, claws of death, bone spur, invoking the beast, devil channels, spirit claws, apparition and several other and strike cards) and the opposing minion can play only one magic card that end combat and make useless all card you play. This card can be useful to several decks and clans like ahrimanes, ravnos, gangrel, akunanse, tizmisce and others. In the Masquerade this ability effect only applies to mortals but as Jugger said it is pointless in vtes, due that I put a younger vampire usage as superior animalism.

Sons of Discord, The
This card is based on "The Sons of Discord, Baritones" fan made tales creation that condemns any no female member in Daughter clan. Due that text is so complicated with some male and female terms. And about it usage I don't is too overpower, some other bloodline clans cards like Code of Samiel and Tabriz Assembly has dual good effects too. Daughter in general has mid or low capacity and her good cards costs blood, and also their don't have a Hunting Ground to gain blood also.

Motorcycle club
This cards is my attempt to improve ally rush decks like war ghoul, shambling hordes and several other. Is not too good you spend some time and pool/blood to bring their beasts to play and can't fight only because they don't have a maneuver. No I don't like fake out! This is also can be useful to imbued and to some other allies (press, combat end). Maybe to balance this card I can add an "any vampire can burn this card as D action" text.

Hospital Treating Ground
Agree with Jugger to add a starting amount limit to card text.

Plot Device
This is an attempt to bring final Gehenna events to VtES, this card has several requirements to play, I think is not too overpowered.

Bandages
No cards to prevent damage to ally (I only remember Heaven's Gate and Glancing Blow); this can be very useful and agree with Ankha suggestion.

Spirit Bond
This is a response against several block restrict\fail cards (seduction, neutral guard, strange day, elder impersonation, daring the dawn, day operation, horrific countenance, mantle of the moon, ambulance, virtuosa, walk through arcadia, trophy no questions, grand ball and some others...). And I don't where this card can be powerful in wennie decks or can combo with other things.

Inconnu Development Facility
It attempts to add more interest and ways to use research area.

Virolax Genetic Lab
Another attempt to offer to players all players a good way to use research area, with this card players put a vampire on that area and forget it until he or she come to play. And about Jugger suggestion to mention about this vampire can't be a target of actions or effect it not necessary due all cards in research area is considered out of play.

Black Priest
It a hybrid that can be used as a vampire and as ally. Several players put some vampires in imbued decks for bounce or votes.

Vitae Captivation
This is the kind of card always dream since I start to play in 1995. I see vote decks making too much pool and blood with few cards (Minion Tap, Political Card + AWE + Voter) and with combat decks you need to rush, pray for no cancel card are played (obedience,hard case, voice of madness, mental maze, bloodstorm of chorazin, etc) play dozen of combat cards, pray to opposing minion no S:CE, no prevent, no send you to torpor to finally play taste that only give you blood. Why not a card like this one a created to give blood and pool for rush deck? Of course I could have made a Taste of Vitae killer bringing all blood loose by opposing minion in combat and make a perfect card but I don't like kill other cards (villein, vessel as example).

Fernando Cesar - Sydnelson
LackeyCCG and OCTGN VtES Mantainer

:adv: :camarilla: :vent: :obf: :pro: :tha: :DOM: :PRE: :cap8:
Prince of Rio de Janeiro

Powerbase Rio de Janeiro
Last edit: 05 Aug 2011 22:24 by Sydnelson.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2011 06:49 #7443 by Juggernaut1981
Senator
I don't think Imbued would have any influence in vampire politics, thematically. So this card not only gives them influence, but the ability to start referendums in which vampires participate. Plus, vote being one of the most commonly 'dragging out forever' game mechanics unless someone gets near or actual vote-lock... we don't need to add more into the mix.

Imbued shouldn't have a say in things like: Bloodhunts, Cardinals, Princes, etc. Their method of 'having a say' is to block the actions or smash the vampires... not sit down for a negotiation session.

It's not that I'm against Imbued having alternatives to the eternally frustrating wall-decks and chip-bleed decks... but Voting should be waaaay outside their scope.

Vitae Captivation
Sure, I get where you are coming from... but to get HALF when compared with Voter Cap seems to be really hamstringing the card. To get 2 pool, you need to hit for 4 at least, which puts it out of the realm of any combat deck that is not king-hit potence. To get pool + blood you have to hit for 6 or more, which makes this card even more corner-case than Street Cred. So I'd much prefer to be taking my chanes with Street Cred + Taste of Vitae than this card (as you've written it).

Virolax Genetics Lab
I can't see a reason to use the Research Area for a vampire. It would seem the thematic intent of the Research Area is the side-projects of the Methuselah, not the ongoing development of a vampire. So instead of putting a vampire into the Research Area, I think it should be put 'out of play' under a location (the lab) and appear at some point later. Lose 'the lab' and lose the vampire.

Spirit Bond
The ability to yo-yo out a bunch of low-caps with Auspex and not actually 'block' seems very very powerful. I'd be running this card in MASSIVE amounts in a weenie-Tremere deck with Chantry. You do ANY action I don't like and Martin Frankel is taking a short sleep in the Chantry to screw your plans. And I'll consider blocking an action with someone else later, or just throwing another <4-cap into the Chantry (or just rescue them the normal way). 2 blood to completely slam one of your actions is GOLDEN. Evil Eye does the same thing and requires a superior secondary discipline, 2 master phase cards and 1 blood.

Twilight Projection
I didn't say it was poorly 'designed', I just doubt it will EVER make it into a deck. Very complicated, very limited use and unlikely to see play.

Sons of Discord
I don't have a problem with its 'power', just that it would be the hardest card to police in the game (Which DoCs are male? Where does it say that on the card? Does it actually affect more than 1 DoC?). Plus there are a number of bloodlines without a HG: Samedi, Salubri, Trujah, !Salubri, Baali, Nagaraja...

Black Priest
I just don't understand the disciplines. I can't see any deck that this ally should fit into that includes vampires.

Motorcycle Club
My issue is that unless you design the card very carefully, you will automatically help Imbued in combat which is something they don't particularly need. Other allies could possibly do with some combat cards, and maybe designing some for them would be good... but you can always give the ally IR Goggles.

Iconnu Development Facility
The problem is that the card has to move around for you to get benefits from it. So there is no reason for me to put it into play; I have to benefit someone else as well (even more than the Coven or Anthelios). I'd never play it in the original form. So I tried to make it so I'd consider playing it in my own decks. It seemed too good to search the library for free so searching the Ashheap seemed more balanced (if a little thematically out).

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
17 Aug 2011 11:43 - 17 Aug 2011 12:03 #8384 by Sydnelson
Added card images with some modification based on suggestions of friends and user of this forum.

Also added new crypt card Joseph Pander, The First Mutt.

Unfortunally I dont found good images to cards I have created, when best images appears I will change the cards

A group of players from Juiz de Fora - MG - Brazil, like of those cards and they are testing it. In some weeks they will send me a report about test, and offer possible changes.

Fernando Cesar - Sydnelson
LackeyCCG and OCTGN VtES Mantainer

:adv: :camarilla: :vent: :obf: :pro: :tha: :DOM: :PRE: :cap8:
Prince of Rio de Janeiro

Powerbase Rio de Janeiro
Last edit: 17 Aug 2011 12:03 by Sydnelson.

More
17 Aug 2011 12:15 #8386 by Klaital
You should increase the pool cost of Sons of Discord by 1 and remove the built-in burn action. Otherwise nobody is going to ever play it as daughters can't block or fight at all so it will just get burned right away.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds