file Submission: Exhume Secrets

04 Jun 2016 01:49 - 07 Jun 2016 00:06 #77089 by Dorrinal
Name: Exhume Secrets
Type: :action:
Requirements: :aus::nec:
Cost: None

:aus::nec:: (D) ChooseRemove a minion library card in any methuselah's ash heap from the game. That methuselah burns 1 pool unless he or she discards a copy of the chosen card.
:AUS::NEC:: As :aus::nec: above, but the methuselah burns 3 pool.

Flavor Text: The Giovanni buried their secrets deep with the dead, but we persevere, and they shall pay a hundredfold. -Egothha, Harbinger of Skulls

Art Notes: A newspaper with headlines: "MAYOR INDICTED FOR MURDER" "New Evidence Surfaces After 74 Years" "Italian Mafia Implicated" etc.

WoD Reference: None

Created By: John McGlynn

Compelling Game Need: Harbingers of Skulls need actions and strategies that set them apart from other :aus::for: and :nec: clans. This card, while it can be used to good effect by Nagaraja and some Giovanni, should shine in the hands of a Harbinger of Skulls. Harbingers can leverage The Slaughterhouse, Trochomancy, and Freak Drive to put great pressure on a Methuselah's in-hand resources as well as generate a large amount of pool damage on a "lunge" turn.

:trem:
Last edit: 07 Jun 2016 00:06 by Dorrinal. Reason: Changed "choose" to "remove"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2016 13:34 - 04 Jun 2016 13:34 #77095 by jamesatzephyr

Name: Exhume Secrets
Type: :action:
Requirements: :aus::nec:
Cost: None

:aus::nec:: (D) Choose a minion card in any methuselah's ash heap. That methuselah burns 1 pool unless he or she discards a copy of the chosen card.
:AUS::NEC:: As :aus::nec: above, but the methuselah burns 3 pool.

I really like the idea. I am mildly concerned about three pool damage, even requiring two superiors, when it's both unbounceable and unreduceable, and the fact that a Harbinger with good access to Fortitude could Freak and bleed on top.

But - all that said - I think it would be an interesting card to see playtested, just something where I'd be hoping someone could attempt to break it in extreme ways (and hopefully prove it was fine).
Last edit: 04 Jun 2016 13:34 by jamesatzephyr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorrinal

More
04 Jun 2016 19:27 #77101 by Dorrinal
Replied by Dorrinal on topic Submission: Exhume Secrets
High praise! My argument for 3 unreducible pool damage: zero stealth action, and a high burst turn is desired. HoS have to compete with the dominate on Nagaragiovanni and Ventrue of all sects in the tap-bleed space.

More
04 Jun 2016 22:06 #77105 by brettscho
Yeah, it looks like a cancel-able Enticement which doesn't require the edge, but which requires two disciplines. I really don't see the power level as being high enough to be problematic. My concern (a very minor one) is that this card punishes toolbox decks that might include many different cards more so than very focused decks like weenie DEM. Don't know how much of a problem that is. Also interesting to get people into a place where they have to either discard a bleed bounce card or take 3 pool. Which option is better? That makes for a cool decision on the part of your prey. I like tough decisions - which of the two bad things do you want to happen to you?

Check out my VTES blog: Gaming with BS

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:

More
04 Jun 2016 22:32 #77106 by Kimpan
Replied by Kimpan on topic Submission: Exhume Secrets
Add that the chosen card is removed, that way a one of a kind card doesn't get targeted over and over again.

:garg: :VIS: :PRE: :for: :flight:
National Coordinator of Sweden

More
05 Jun 2016 00:20 #77109 by Dorrinal
Replied by Dorrinal on topic Submission: Exhume Secrets

Add that the chosen card is removed, that way a one of a kind card doesn't get targeted over and over again.

I like it. Replace "Choose" with "Remove... from the game". May be able to remove the minion card restriction that way.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds