file Submission: Slave Convert

09 Jun 2016 09:55 #77141 by Yomyael
Name: Slave Convert
Disciplines: none
Group: ANY
Capacity: 1
Card Text:
Independent. When the convert enters play, you may remove him from the game to make a slave vampire you control loose his slave trait and either gain 1 pool or draw a card from your crypt.

World of Darkness reference:
None

How does this card address a compelling game need?:
A lot of people are complaining, that Gargoyles are split into three clans because of their slave traits. With this card, any slave gargoyle could be useful in an independent themed gargoyle deck, without destroying the whole slave mechanic.

The name possibly should be changed, couldn't think of something good.

Prince of Bonn, Germany
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jun 2016 12:30 #77142 by drnlmza
Replied by drnlmza on topic Submission: Slave Convert
Given the existance of Toy, this really needs to restricted to gargoyles, rather than "slave vampire". I would also add a capactiy restriction, just so it isn't an auto include in various Tupdog decks.

--
National Coordinator
South Africa

More
09 Jun 2016 14:21 #77143 by jamesatzephyr

Given the existance of Toy, this really needs to restricted to gargoyles, rather than "slave vampire". I would also add a capactiy restriction, just so it isn't an auto include in various Tupdog decks.

Toy still can't act or block (card text), and removing his slave trait means he can no longer enter combat via the slave rule. And he can't take (D) actions, even with no master, because he can't act.

More
09 Jun 2016 17:41 - 09 Jun 2016 17:42 #77144 by Yomyael
Replied by Yomyael on topic Submission: Slave Convert

Like jamesatzephyr wrote, Toy is already taken care of by his text.

As for Tupdogs: I don't think it would help Tupdog decks. It would be really unstable, because you would have to draw 2 correct vampires to get 1 into play, and then it costs you 2 pool for each Tupdog.

Prince of Bonn, Germany
Last edit: 09 Jun 2016 17:42 by Yomyael.

More
09 Jun 2016 22:21 #77145 by Hakuron
Replied by Hakuron on topic Submission: Slave Convert
I like this card idea. It is simple and would do the job! B)

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

More
10 Jun 2016 07:50 - 10 Jun 2016 07:53 #77151 by GreyB
Replied by GreyB on topic Submission: Slave Convert
I considered this as well, it's simple and effective, but I didn't like it for the following reason:

An anarch convert adds a lot of new options to your vampires while this simply removes a restriction. This only grants your vampires D actions and although insignificant, it actually reduces the cards you can play/use with your gargoyles (raw recruit, path of servitude, defender of the haven, etc).

A copy/paste of Anarch Convert text is not sufficient, it needs to have more in my opinion ;)

Name: Stone Child
Disciplines: none
Group: ANY
Clan: :gargoyle:
Capacity: 1
Card Text:
Independent. Burn Stone Child during your discard phase to put this card on a Gargoyle, that Gargoyle gains +1 strength, becomes independent and loses the Slave trait if any. Draw a crypt card when Stone Child is burned. Flight.

1.) Instead of allowing more cards to be played (Anarch Convert template), this card now adds something more beneficial than just enabling a vampire to perform D actions.
2.) It's now a somewhat useful vampire on it's own due to being a Gargoyle and having flight.
3.) You now always draw a new crypt card when it's burned. No matter how it's burned.

:garg: :VIS: :POT: :FOR: :flight: -1 Strength
Last edit: 10 Jun 2016 07:53 by GreyB.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds