file Submission: Slave Convert

17 Jul 2016 11:02 #77388 by jamesatzephyr

Cheers James,You have made some very valid points regarding the card being unique ( I forgot to edit/change so multiple copies could be used) and instructions to put in play.

I was thinking perhaps to avoid the master route altogether. Perhaps something like:
Ashlar
+2 stealth action
Requires Gargoyle
If this acting Gargoyle is a slave, put this card on this Gargoyle; the Gargoyle with this card is not a slave. Alternatively, if this acting Gargoyle is not a slave, this Gargoyle gains 2 blood and (after draining off any excess) may burn a blood to untap.

So, you can use it to un-slave yourself; and non-slave vampires can can use it to 'hunt' for 2 blood (it's not actually a hunt action as worded)or to 'hunt' for 1 blood with a built-in untap. You could hunt for 2 and toss in As the Crow yourself, if you wanted, I guess.

A couple of minor points:

1) The "Alternatively,..." wording is there to try to prevent people thinking "Well, I'm a slave, so I'll put it on me. And now I'm not a slave, I get the 2 blood this action too, right?" Which wasn't what I was aiming for. One action un-slaves you, later copies gain you blood.

2) Ashlar is a masonry term I stole from Wikipedia, which I quite like, because it's about precise, fine, high quality work, but doesn't involve the word "stone" or "rock".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds