file [TheoryCrafting] Eclipse (:OBT:+:THA:)

30 May 2018 20:40 #87757 by LivesByProxy
Spinning off of Elotar's post about the VTES color pie, I wanted to discuss how we don't need every discipline card to have 2 or more modes. A discipline card can do only one thing (like Army of Rats) and doesn't need multiple options.

So I wanted to give an example:

Eclipse

Action

Two vampires may be used to play this card.

:OBT: :THA: Put this card into play. All vampires with :obt: gain :OBT: and all vampires with :tha: gain :THA: until this card leaves play. Once during their turn, a Methusala may untap any vampires they control. Any vampire untapped this way must take an action and each takes 1 aggravated damage afterwards. Burn this card at the beginning of your next Master Phase.

Is this broken? Useless? IDK but I think the name is cool enough for a VTES card to be made. What do you think a card called 'Eclipse' should do?

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 May 2018 22:30 #87765 by Sambomb
Try something like Treat of Laibach.
Maybe with Kyasid Tremere!

Archbishop of Itaocara
Prince ID #510

More
01 Jun 2018 07:50 #87807 by direwolf
Looks like more of an "event" type card.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
01 Jun 2018 07:54 #87809 by direwolf

Two vampires may be used to play this card.

There is no current game mechanic for this card text. I understand the concept, but it needs better execution.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
01 Jun 2018 16:21 #87821 by kschaefer
Coterie Tactics is the closest example, but there are no actions that take two vampires currently.

More
01 Jun 2018 20:56 #87830 by DanielScooby
Seens pretty cool, but, what about until the end of the turn?

Looks like that a lot can be done with this card.

Daniel Abreu
:camarilla::bruj:
:CEL::POT::pre::for::dom::cap8:

VEKN ID - #6010149

"Ab auditione mala non timebit"

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds