file [Card ban idea] List

19 Jul 2018 21:04 - 19 Jul 2018 21:30 #89079 by ReverendRevolver
Yea, basically they've consistently gone the wrong direction (kpist, ak47, baretta 9mm) more than the right direction (desert eagle, sniper rifle, sort of foldable machine gun if you use mass reality...).

As a gun owner, "damage and a manuever =revolver" means a 500 S&W magnum doing 3 damage with a manuever is the next step. Mechanically, 3 pool is good for that, but IRL, the guns cost a shitload more than a 38 or 44, and bullets average like $3-$5 a shot. So 4 pool is more realistic. Probably.

Also, Baretta is a good, but expensive gun company. Glock, or the VTMBL equivalent "Brokk 9mm" , renowned for durability and reliability could be :
Gun. Strike:1R damage.
If this gun is destroyed, re-equip it to this minion at the end of the current action.
Cost: 1pool.

Also, WWS is the best melee weapon there is, pound for pound. Guns should be the same:

15ish years ago, Ruger, Keltec, S&W, and later others cranked out competing.380 compact "pocket size" handguns for personal defense. Not great for trying to kill a live puma, perfect for not dying when a dude with a knife insists on your wallet. Anyway, such was the popularity of the guns that between civilian and government purchases of 380 bullets, they became scarce with purchase limitations for years.
"Kuger LCP"
Combat. Cost 2 pool.
Equip this card to this minion before range is determined the first round of combat.
Gun: Strike 1R damage.

After the success of their 380 tiny pistol(the LCP) , Ruger launched a 5 cylinder compact revolver, chambered in .38+p. That's a Saturday night special with extra powder in the bullet, in vtes terms. Subsequently, they added variations of this LCR with Crimson trace laser sight grips and more importantly to my point, chambered In .357 magnum. This is my favorite calibre for just shooting at targets and probably the most likely smallish bullet to only require one shot to stop someone actively trying to kill you (Google "hyrdostatic shock and 357 magnum). Anyway, they made a very compact but hard hitting revolver. Ruger had been making the same niche thing for ages, but way heavier and longer, called the sp101. So they effectively invaded their own niche, with huge profitability.

.357 magnum
Combat. 3 pool
Only usable before range is determined on the first round of combat.
Equip this card to this minion.
Weapon. Gun. Strike 2R damage with an Optional manuever once each combat.

So, there. They could not botched gun design. BC may also correct it. We will see. I have faith.
Last edit: 19 Jul 2018 21:30 by ReverendRevolver.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2018 21:04 #89080 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic [Card ban idea] List
What about ban to concealed weapon ? Or make it require obfuscate as it was initially.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
19 Jul 2018 21:45 - 19 Jul 2018 21:48 #89082 by ReverendRevolver

What about ban to concealed weapon ? Or make it require obfuscate as it was initially.

Concealed weapon could effectively be banned with that requirement, since :obf: disguised weapon has no limitations. I've never been in a situation where 44 was a problem. Ever. I've burned them with canine horde more than any weapon. I've burned one with heroic might once. I've not blocked the action to hard equip once with an Anatole deck, then when they rushed Zoe Anatole blocked and either Bowd or flanethrowered into a Rotschreck.
I've achieved victories I didn't have the ousting power for solely based upon my prey concealing a 44 blocking me then cycling into stealth or DtD fir the next action. Solely because some chump like Vincent day DtD bleed for one during the dawn.
2 pool is alot when its counters are no cost combat cards.

The most abused equipment in the game are:
Heart
Bow
Bowl
Ankara citadel
Sniper rifle
Flash grenade
DBR Saturday night special
Both flamethrowers with horrid reality
Gan madre de dios

That's In order. I didn't know Gran Madre tapped all minions, and it ousted me last month. To be fair I haven't played that card since tupdogs got really popular with Brick by Brick....
Last edit: 19 Jul 2018 21:48 by ReverendRevolver.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

More
20 Jul 2018 09:31 #89102 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic [Card ban idea] List

I can kind of understand why the designers at the time might've thought that inherent additional strike would be better than .44 single 2 damage shot, but it's not the case.

It is situational.
If you don't have access to additionals and the opponent dodges (say, Carlton) Kpist rules over .44.

And Kpist, or Foldable Machine Gun, are great with Mass Reality!

But 3 pool for Kpist is too high a cost.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
20 Jul 2018 10:17 - 20 Jul 2018 10:33 #89103 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic [Card ban idea] List

It is situational.
If you don't have access to additionals and the opponent dodges (say, Carlton) Kpist rules over .44.

While Nephandi are practically immune to Kpist.

You guys know how it goes: .44 is better with :cel: and Kpist is more or less better without :cel:.

Fortitude needs another preventation card against Kpist's damage - Kpist better against Fortitude.

Those with inherent S:Dodge can't escape damage - Kpist better against Carlton, Mylan and some vampires.

Retainers that have only 1 life (Raven on inferior, most mortal retainers) can be shot in addition to some damage to employer - Kpist better against retainers.

Nephandi take reduced damage from all strikes - Magnum better against Nephandi.

I must've missed some interactions of course.

That's without any cards played. Kpist works with presses (you're subject to more hitback on following rounds), while .44 works with Additional Strikes (dishing out double or triple the damage).

They have different uses, but ultimately they're rather equal in usage, and niches they cover. I think the differences are actually pretty interesting in the current meta.

And Kpist, or Foldable Machine Gun, are great with Mass Reality!

And when you see that deck once every 20 games, it's hilarious. :) Approved!

But 3 pool for Kpist is too high a cost.

Considering all that has been said, Kpist should cost 2 pool. That would grant diversity between guns, as that seems to be called for.

Poor Foldable machine gun. But the art and name were kinda stupid anyways in a world where we started using actual gun names anyways.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 20 Jul 2018 10:33 by Kraus.

More
20 Jul 2018 13:26 #89110 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic [Card ban idea] List
Or .44 should cost 3 pool, as much as it's worth really.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds