file Sabbat Cards

10 Aug 2011 11:45 #7758 by Kiddo
Replied by Kiddo on topic Re: Sabbat Cards

But before it's better than just hunting, you have to use it 4 times (-2, -1, 0, +1), it's even worse if you have hungry coyotes on the table (-3,-2, -1, 0, +1).

Once you tool up your vamps, and since they are Sabbat and can combine HR with Coyote and/or Perfectionist and/or Razor..well, it quickly adds up.

Yeah, sure, it requires setup, but I very much like that card and can be very useful on midcap vamps (cap 4-6), especially when you combine it with Perfectionists and/or Coyote.

I personally very much like that card and have used it to great effect even on tournaments (!Tremere with massive bloat via Rutors, combined with Sunset Strip). Last tournament, and it was very competitive environment, I ended up being ousted only once in four games, no small thanks to 2 Harvest Rites I had.

Blood of the Sabbat is awesome for vamps that have built-in rush. Heck, combine it with either Perfectionist or even Creep Show for further effect. Yes, it is not a card you build decks around but there are several crypt setups where it fits perfectly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2011 11:56 #7759 by Boris The Blade
Replied by Boris The Blade on topic Re: Sabbat Cards

I don't underestimate it. It's good card and +1 hand size is helpful. But in most cases bum's rush is better as it saves you cards (you don't have to play as much maneuvers)

Bum's rush gives you a maneuver when you don't need it. If the maneuver matters, your opponent will block and all you will be left with is the -1 hand size.

More
10 Aug 2011 12:24 #7760 by agzocgud
Replied by agzocgud on topic Re: Sabbat Cards

But before it's better than just hunting, you have to use it 4 times (-2, -1, 0, +1), it's even worse if you have hungry coyotes on the table (-3,-2, -1, 0, +1).

Once you tool up your vamps, and since they are Sabbat and can combine HR with Coyote and/or Perfectionist and/or Razor..well, it quickly adds up.

Yeah, sure, it requires setup, but I very much like that card and can be very useful on midcap vamps (cap 4-6), especially when you combine it with Perfectionists and/or Coyote.

I personally very much like that card and have used it to great effect even on tournaments (!Tremere with massive bloat via Rutors, combined with Sunset Strip). Last tournament, and it was very competitive environment, I ended up being ousted only once in four games, no small thanks to 2 Harvest Rites I had.

Blood of the Sabbat is awesome for vamps that have built-in rush. Heck, combine it with either Perfectionist or even Creep Show for further effect. Yes, it is not a card you build decks around but there are several crypt setups where it fits perfectly.

Please show us the decks you are talking about. It would be intresting to see how you use the cards.

Overkill is highly underrated. You know, like in computor games and such.

More
10 Aug 2011 13:15 - 10 Aug 2011 14:50 #7763 by Pascal Bertrand
Replied by Pascal Bertrand on topic Re: Sabbat Cards
Remember that, when you don't say where the additionally gained blood comes from, it comes from the same source the initial blood was coming from.

Usually this means that Kyoko gets an extra blood when hunting from someone with Hospital Food (but not with Aaron's razor Innbase Discotek, Frankfurt).

Kyoko being able to hunt only once each turn doesn't mean she should be able of emptying any 6-cap as an action.
Last edit: 10 Aug 2011 14:50 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
10 Aug 2011 13:50 - 10 Aug 2011 13:54 #7766 by Kiddo
Replied by Kiddo on topic Re: Sabbat Cards

Please show us the decks you are talking about. It would be intresting to see how you use the cards.

This is the deck I used in the latest tournament. Earned 9 VP 2 GW in 3 rounds and 1.5 VP (timed out) in the finals.

2x Selena 6 AUS DOM THA !Tremere:3
1x Marino Reymundo Va 9 AUS DOM NEC THA ani archbishop !Tremere:3
1x Kij Dansky 8 AUS DOM THA obt priscus !Tremere:2
1x Bryan Van Duesen 7 DOM THA aus pre !Tremere:2
1x Ladislas Toth, The 7 AUS DOM THA for archbishop !Tremere:3
1x Reverend Blackwood 6 DOM THA obf bishop !Tremere:2
1x Hannigan 5 AUS THA dom !Tremere:2
1x Kurt Strauss 5 DOM aus tha !Tremere:2
1x Richard Tauber, Ay 4 AUS tha !Tremere:2
1x Brooke 3 dom tha !Tremere:2
1x Heinrick Schlempt 2 tha !Tremere:2

Library [90 cards]

Action [16]
4x Govern the Unaligned
2x Harvest Rites:)
2x Recure of the Homeland
4x Rutor's Hand
4x Scouting Mission

Action Modifier [16]
2x Bonding
2x Foreshadowing Destruction
4x Mirror Walk
4x Seduction
2x Sleeping Mind, The
2x Threats

Ally [12]
6x Hexaped
4x Nephandus (Mage)
2x Succubus

Combat [12]
2x Bond with the Mountain
4x Rego Motus
6x Wind Dance

Event [1]
1x Unmasking, The

Master [13]
1x Charisma
1x Hungry Coyote, The
1x London Evening Star, Tabloid Newspaper
1x Sunset Strip, Hollywood
1x University Hunting Ground
8x Vessel

Reaction [20]
2x Deflection
4x Eyes of Argus
2x My Enemy's Enemy
4x On the Qui Vive
2x Redirection
4x Telepathic Counter
2x Telepathic Misdirection

True, part of its success comes from the fact that this was the only deck which was not obviously some archetype copied from the net. I also didn't play aggressively and it paid off (hence 4 Governs replaced by 4 Scouting Missions and no Conditionings).
Some things aren't actually needed in this deck (London Evening Star should have probably been Perfectionist and Succubi would be better replaced by more Nephandi, but it was kinda a theme deck so they stayed).

This is the deck I played. Blood of the Sabbat I've personally never played (due to not having it until recently) but I've seen it being used in very successful Tzimi and !Nossi (with Beast) decks.

Bottom line, personally, whenever I build a !Tremere deck, there are always 2 Harvest Rites in it. Combining hunts for 3-4 (w Perfectionist/Coyote) and Rutor's Hand means I don't need to multihunt - I hunt once and am free to spend my second action on something, well, more productive, like bleeding my prey.
Last edit: 10 Aug 2011 13:54 by Kiddo.

More
10 Aug 2011 14:29 #7773 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: Sabbat Cards

Remember that, when you don't say where the additionally gained blood comes from, it comes from the same source the initial blood was coming from.

Usually this means that Kyoko gets an extra blood when hunting from someone with Hospital Food (but not with Aaron's razor).

Kyoko being able to hunt only once each turn doesn't mean she should be able of emptying any 6-cap as an action.

Aaron's Razor does give Kyoko extra blood from the vampire she is hunting from. I had a Kyoko deck when she had Aaron's Razor, Harvest Rites, and Hungry Coyote buffing her hunts (used Into the Fire to go to sabbat)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds